820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 371

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 371


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3701 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2017, 11:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,960
Users Flag! From uk

548 likes received
119 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewTruong View Post
Dear all member ,

I applied onshore 820/801 on November 2015, paid fee online via immi acc
I got my BVA straight after payment and came to effect after my tourist visa expired
I had fulll work right

But sine then about 1year 3 months i have not hear anything from Dept
I checked my immi acc and therere a notice that my applicaition has been received and in quere, i will be considered for PR within 2 year from lodgement date

Please advise anything i could do now or just waiting for Dept
Because on Immi account i saw :


Stage 1 - Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa (300,309/100,820/801) : Status Received
Stage 2 - Permanent Partner Visa Assessment (100,801) : Incomplete

What should i do in stage 2

Thanks very much for your help
I've just had Deja vous, am I right in thinking Mish has answered this already?


Reply With Quote
  #3702 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 18
Users Flag! From philippines

18 likes received
13 likes given
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergueuze View Post
Hi everyone,

I thought you might be interested in my visa application timeline for 820/801 visa. While I've not posted on this forum before, it was a valuable source of info and support for me while going through the process - thank you to all members!

Short summary:
- Application submitted online (820/801, front-loaded with medical & UK police check) 22nd Jan 2016
- BVA effective from 9th Mar 2016
- BVB applied for 8th Sept 2016
- BVB granted 12th Sept 2016
- Request for further info (only AFP check requested) 10th Jan 2017
- AFP check supplied 22nd Jan 2017
- 801 (Permanent) visa granted 14th Feb 2017 (I had thought my 820 would have been granted, but they granted me an 801 instead!)

Longer version of my application/events (sorry for the ramble!!):

My background: UK citizen, met with Australian partner while he was working in the UK. Started dating late 2009, moved in together Jan 2011, married in July 2014 before leaving the UK in Jan 2015 and moving to New Zealand (where I was granted a 2-year partner visa on the basis of his Aus citizenship/temporary NZ residency). I'd previously travelled to Australia several times on eVisitor visas or as a visitor on the pre-online system. I arrived in Aus in Dec 2015 on an eVisitor 651 (with normal conditions of 3-month stay, no TB, no criminal convictions, no business activities).

I applied for my 820/801 onshore on Jan 22nd 2016. Front-loaded with medical (cleared Dec 2015) and UK police check (dated 21/12/15); no AFP was required at the time as I'd been in Aus for less than 12 months. Application was submitted & paid for online through my immi account, but it took until Jan 28th before my application was acknowledged and my bridging visa was granted. I had to wait until my 651 tourist visa expired before my bridging visa came into effect - it was a BVA and I had work rights, but no travel rights.

Majority of my evidence was uploaded on Jan 29th - I'd spent weeks collecting and ordering it all (but it did help that we'd recently been through a similar process for an NZ temp spouse visa). As we'd been together for so long, we had joint financial/social evidence going back further than 5 years (joint bank accts & savings, car insurance, utility bills, travel, rent, large household purchases, marriage, family events, cards from friends, letters to same address, social club memberships - from living together in 3 countries). We went overboard with stat decs: 4 friends who are Aus citizens, along with signed/witnessed statements from both our parents (not Aus citizens). I had a visitor medicare card (UK reciprocal healthcare agreement with Aus, no other medical insurance) and my husband was not employed at the time, but we showed evidence of savings to fulfil the financial support requirements. Some of our stat decs were oustanding at the time of application, so I uploaded them to my immi account as I received them later in the year. I completed & uploaded Form 80 in March 2016, and uploaded a change of address form in August 2016. My document uploads reached 50/60 at this point (not including documents attached under the sponsor area - this was just evidence of his eligibility to sponsor me).

[Things that I thought might be issues for my application included my husband not being employed at the time of submission (he is now employed), us not knowing details about my sister-in-law's spouse (she is estranged from the family) requested in the online application, and not being able to give an accurate 10-year travel history (having an EU passport meant I didn't have an accurate record of all my EU travel dates, though emails and receipts helped!).]

After hearing nothing at all after my application was acknowledged, I applied for a BVB on Sept 8th 2016 as I wanted to travel to the UK for my best friend's wedding in November 2016. I was holding off on booking flights in case for some reason a BVB wasn't granted, but when calling immigration and asking about timings they said I should include flight tickets as part of my BVB evidence. I booked our flights and then submitted the application, including evidence of our itinerary, ticket receipts, the invite to our friend's weddings and some emails regarding dates and bridesmaid duties, and a statement about our travel plans. It didn't register with me that this would take up 6 more document 'spaces' from my application total (bringing me up to 56/60 documents uploaded)! If I'd known, I would have combined some of the pdfs uploaded for the BVB or been more selective about my original document uploads. My BVB was granted on Sept 12th 2016 with a restriction that I had to return to Aus before Dec 30th 2016 (I wondered if this was an indication of expected processing window for my 820).

I received a request for additional info via email on Jan 10th 2017, asking me to submit evidence of an AFP check. I'd been waiting for this to be requested, rather than applying for it as soon as I'd reached 12 months living in Aus (which would be Dec 2016) in case my application took longer than expected to process. I replied to the email asking if I should repeat my medical and UK police checks, as they were now older than 12 months. I got a response within 24 hours, stating: "The only requirement still needed for your partner visa application is the AFP check. We do have limited extensions we can apply to other health and character requirements to enable them to remain valid.* You do NOT need to complete any other requirements (other than the AFP check) unless requested by the department. Please provide your AFP check once received.". I applied for my AFP check online, it took 2 days to process, and I received it in the post a week later. By this point, my sponsor's evidence document upload had been disabled (his status had changed to 'Approved'), so I uploaded my AFP check and 2 other pdfs of evidence from 2016-2017 under 'Social aspects of the relationship, Other' and 'Financial aspects of the relationship, Other'. These pdfs included documents showing from the past 12 months examples of our bank statements, utility bills, house/car purchase and insurance, payslips, letters and cards from friends/family, photos and travel evidence. All documents were uploaded by Jan 22nd 2017, and I notified the department through my immi account that I'd provided the requested evidence.

I received an email on Feb 14th 2017 notifying my of a grant of my 801 visa - I had only been expected an 820 visa grant at this stage, so I was thrilled beyond words. I don't know why I was granted PR straight away, as it hadn't been 2 years since my original submission, but I have noted from other forum users that this does sometimes happen.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have - I am of course not a professional and can only give info relating to my own experience. I know from the last 13 months of waiting (& more months of pre-application time) that there are so many niggling questions and worries that can crop up during the process. It's such an important and intimidating experience, but at the end of the day it is just a process, and as long as you can provide sufficient evidence to meet the requirements then it's a waiting game. Sending good wishes to everyone waiting to hear back about their applications. Hang on in there
WOW! Congratulations! I am very happy for you!
In my case, i just recieved an email that my application progressed on the queue but maybe because i submitted all the listed documents, i did not get any other email specfying if i need to provide more docs. I have more photos the last 10 months since i applied for 820/801 and we have car insurance wherein both my name and my husband is in there, so as our life insurances and we are beneficiaries for each of our insurance. We also have additional joint bank accounts that are very active as we use everyday for our basic needs etc. Anyway, I am just curious if i have to send it straight away without them informing me to send them or do i have to wait until they ask me to do so? Thanks and happy to know more and more enlightenment... Good luck to us all!


Reply With Quote
  #3703 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 18
Users Flag! From philippines

18 likes received
13 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
Thanks so much Mania, I was just posting to see if any others had received the same email yesterday as I heard they contact people in bulk.

************************************************** ****************************
Visa: 820/801 Partner (defacto)
Nationality: UK
Applied: Online, Onshore, No Agent
Application Date: 06 Sep 2016
Police Checks: 25 Aug 2016
Medicals: 24 Feb 2016
Automatically Generated email: 21 Feb 2017 (801)
Hi Gabby, I have the same case with you. I got the same email from DIAC. I am just wondering if we need to send more documents or just wait for them to contactt us if we need to submit additional documents to support our application/s for 820/801. Good luck to us all. :-)


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3704 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2017, 09:57 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 35
Users Flag! From srilanka

23 likes received
24 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by renekara View Post
Thanks for the update cherrygn!

That is good, at least now you know they are going to look at your application! And hopefully you will get the grant soon!

How long it took them to respond to your email?

I am hitting the 15 month mark in 10 days, if I don't hear anything by then I will send one more email...
I emailed them on 10/02/2017 and received the reply on 24/02/2017, so it is within the 2 weeks reply time frame. Finger crossed!!!

renekara likes this.
__________________
Sri Lanka - 820 Aug 2015 Melbourne - 820 Grant Feb 2017 - 801 Aug 2017 - 801 Granted 30 April 2019

Reply With Quote
  #3705 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2017, 09:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Victoria, AU
Posts: 242
Users Flag! From usa

93 likes received
1987 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPIOGIRLPH View Post
Hi Gabby, I have the same case with you. I got the same email from DIAC. I am just wondering if we need to send more documents or just wait for them to contactt us if we need to submit additional documents to support our application/s for 820/801. Good luck to us all. :-)
At the time I received my generic e-mail, I hadn't completed my police or medical checks so I made sure to get those done over the course of the following month. The e-mail isn't specifically asking for them, but if you don't have your police checks or medical exam done, you may want to start thinking about it. When immigration DOES contact you personally asking for them, you'll only have 28 days to complete + submit which may be difficult if you need a foreign federal police check I also collected recent documents to prove that my partner and I were still in a genuine relationship, and uploaded those as well...but you don't have to do that.


Reply With Quote
  #3706 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2017, 10:10 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 18
Users Flag! From philippines

18 likes received
13 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRose313 View Post
Not to be a Debbie-Downer, but the e-mails that state that your application has "progressed in the queue" are usually generic rather than personal e-mails. If your e-mail seems very streamlined, and includes a list of recommended documents for the 820, then it's probably the generic e-mail. I applied for 820 in Oct 2015, and received the e-mail stating my app progressed in the queue in July 2016 (9 months after applying). However, I didn't get my 820 granted until January 2017 (15 months after applying). Most people who received the generic e-mail the same time as me had the same thing happen unfortunately. Of course, every case if different and your grant may be right around the corner...especially considering that applications seem to be processing faster this year! However, don't be disappointed or stress out if you find yourself waiting another month or two!

As for your question--if you haven't uploaded any "new" documents since applying, then it wouldn't hurt to update your application now or within the next few weeks. Recent photos, vacation tickets, or newly formed bank accounts or sports memberships would be perfect! This lets immigration know that you and your partner are still in a genuine relationship.

Good luck!
Yes I am aware that it was a generated email, but it is good to know that my application progressed. I am confident that it is all okay, it just a matter of waiting time.
I have my current documents you mentioned ready, I am just curious on when do i have to send my latest documents or maybe just wait for them to ask for it. I thought also it would be easier to send them for their new record.

I appreciate your response, thank you! :-)

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #3707 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2017, 09:48 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 34
Users Flag! From uk

24 likes received
32 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPIOGIRLPH View Post
Hi Gabby, I have the same case with you. I got the same email from DIAC. I am just wondering if we need to send more documents or just wait for them to contactt us if we need to submit additional documents to support our application/s for 820/801. Good luck to us all. :-)
Hi SCORPIOGIRLPH

From my understanding the email we received is automatically generated, and they are simply asking if we haven't already provided the documentation below then please provide it now. I received this on Tue 21 Feb 2017 and booked in my Health Assessement for Fri 24 Feb 2017 and got my Health clearance provided on Mon 27 Feb 2017. I had already provided all the other information that they had asked for.

Hope that makes it clearer for you.

Good luck to you and everyone else.

************************************************** ****************************
Visa: 820 Temporary Partner (defacto)
Nationality: UK
Applied: Online, Onshore, No Agent
Police Checks: 25 Aug 2016
Application Date: 06 Sep 2016
DIAC Information required to assess your Partner visa application: 21 Feb 2017
Health Assessment: 24 Feb 2017
Health Clearance provided: 27 Feb 2017

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #3708 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2017, 10:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 111
Users Flag! From netherlands

85 likes received
74 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergueuze View Post
Hi everyone,

I thought you might be interested in my visa application timeline for 820/801 visa. While I've not posted on this forum before, it was a valuable source of info and support for me while going through the process - thank you to all members!

Short summary:
- Application submitted online (820/801, front-loaded with medical & UK police check) 22nd Jan 2016
- BVA effective from 9th Mar 2016
- BVB applied for 8th Sept 2016
- BVB granted 12th Sept 2016
- Request for further info (only AFP check requested) 10th Jan 2017
- AFP check supplied 22nd Jan 2017
- 801 (Permanent) visa granted 14th Feb 2017 (I had thought my 820 would have been granted, but they granted me an 801 instead!)

Longer version of my application/events (sorry for the ramble!!):

My background: UK citizen, met with Australian partner while he was working in the UK. Started dating late 2009, moved in together Jan 2011, married in July 2014 before leaving the UK in Jan 2015 and moving to New Zealand (where I was granted a 2-year partner visa on the basis of his Aus citizenship/temporary NZ residency). I'd previously travelled to Australia several times on eVisitor visas or as a visitor on the pre-online system. I arrived in Aus in Dec 2015 on an eVisitor 651 (with normal conditions of 3-month stay, no TB, no criminal convictions, no business activities).

I applied for my 820/801 onshore on Jan 22nd 2016. Front-loaded with medical (cleared Dec 2015) and UK police check (dated 21/12/15); no AFP was required at the time as I'd been in Aus for less than 12 months. Application was submitted & paid for online through my immi account, but it took until Jan 28th before my application was acknowledged and my bridging visa was granted. I had to wait until my 651 tourist visa expired before my bridging visa came into effect - it was a BVA and I had work rights, but no travel rights.

Majority of my evidence was uploaded on Jan 29th - I'd spent weeks collecting and ordering it all (but it did help that we'd recently been through a similar process for an NZ temp spouse visa). As we'd been together for so long, we had joint financial/social evidence going back further than 5 years (joint bank accts & savings, car insurance, utility bills, travel, rent, large household purchases, marriage, family events, cards from friends, letters to same address, social club memberships - from living together in 3 countries). We went overboard with stat decs: 4 friends who are Aus citizens, along with signed/witnessed statements from both our parents (not Aus citizens). I had a visitor medicare card (UK reciprocal healthcare agreement with Aus, no other medical insurance) and my husband was not employed at the time, but we showed evidence of savings to fulfil the financial support requirements. Some of our stat decs were oustanding at the time of application, so I uploaded them to my immi account as I received them later in the year. I completed & uploaded Form 80 in March 2016, and uploaded a change of address form in August 2016. My document uploads reached 50/60 at this point (not including documents attached under the sponsor area - this was just evidence of his eligibility to sponsor me).

[Things that I thought might be issues for my application included my husband not being employed at the time of submission (he is now employed), us not knowing details about my sister-in-law's spouse (she is estranged from the family) requested in the online application, and not being able to give an accurate 10-year travel history (having an EU passport meant I didn't have an accurate record of all my EU travel dates, though emails and receipts helped!).]

After hearing nothing at all after my application was acknowledged, I applied for a BVB on Sept 8th 2016 as I wanted to travel to the UK for my best friend's wedding in November 2016. I was holding off on booking flights in case for some reason a BVB wasn't granted, but when calling immigration and asking about timings they said I should include flight tickets as part of my BVB evidence. I booked our flights and then submitted the application, including evidence of our itinerary, ticket receipts, the invite to our friend's weddings and some emails regarding dates and bridesmaid duties, and a statement about our travel plans. It didn't register with me that this would take up 6 more document 'spaces' from my application total (bringing me up to 56/60 documents uploaded)! If I'd known, I would have combined some of the pdfs uploaded for the BVB or been more selective about my original document uploads. My BVB was granted on Sept 12th 2016 with a restriction that I had to return to Aus before Dec 30th 2016 (I wondered if this was an indication of expected processing window for my 820).

I received a request for additional info via email on Jan 10th 2017, asking me to submit evidence of an AFP check. I'd been waiting for this to be requested, rather than applying for it as soon as I'd reached 12 months living in Aus (which would be Dec 2016) in case my application took longer than expected to process. I replied to the email asking if I should repeat my medical and UK police checks, as they were now older than 12 months. I got a response within 24 hours, stating: "The only requirement still needed for your partner visa application is the AFP check. We do have limited extensions we can apply to other health and character requirements to enable them to remain valid.* You do NOT need to complete any other requirements (other than the AFP check) unless requested by the department. Please provide your AFP check once received.". I applied for my AFP check online, it took 2 days to process, and I received it in the post a week later. By this point, my sponsor's evidence document upload had been disabled (his status had changed to 'Approved'), so I uploaded my AFP check and 2 other pdfs of evidence from 2016-2017 under 'Social aspects of the relationship, Other' and 'Financial aspects of the relationship, Other'. These pdfs included documents showing from the past 12 months examples of our bank statements, utility bills, house/car purchase and insurance, payslips, letters and cards from friends/family, photos and travel evidence. All documents were uploaded by Jan 22nd 2017, and I notified the department through my immi account that I'd provided the requested evidence.

I received an email on Feb 14th 2017 notifying my of a grant of my 801 visa - I had only been expected an 820 visa grant at this stage, so I was thrilled beyond words. I don't know why I was granted PR straight away, as it hadn't been 2 years since my original submission, but I have noted from other forum users that this does sometimes happen.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have - I am of course not a professional and can only give info relating to my own experience. I know from the last 13 months of waiting (& more months of pre-application time) that there are so many niggling questions and worries that can crop up during the process. It's such an important and intimidating experience, but at the end of the day it is just a process, and as long as you can provide sufficient evidence to meet the requirements then it's a waiting game. Sending good wishes to everyone waiting to hear back about their applications. Hang on in there
Congratulations!!!! I applied a week or so before you, and haven't heard anything yet... nothing since application . It is nice to hear people get their approval! I'm also hoping to go straight to a 801 as we've been living together in Australia since the start of 2013.... did it say in your letter(s) which office approved your application?

HRose313 likes this.
__________________
Application date: 16/01/2016
Medical check: 27/05/2016
Police checks: 01/02/2016 and 27/02/2017
820 VISA GRANT: 19/04/2017
801 VISA GRANT: 25/05/2017 (due to >3 year de facto at time of original 820/801 application)

Reply With Quote
  #3709 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2017, 11:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Victoria, AU
Posts: 242
Users Flag! From usa

93 likes received
1987 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPIOGIRLPH View Post
Yes I am aware that it was a generated email, but it is good to know that my application progressed. I am confident that it is all okay, it just a matter of waiting time.
I have my current documents you mentioned ready, I am just curious on when do i have to send my latest documents or maybe just wait for them to ask for it. I thought also it would be easier to send them for their new record.

I appreciate your response, thank you! :-)
Did you apply by paper or online? If you applied online, you can upload any new evidence or documents whenever you see fit You don't have to wait for them to be requested. As I mentioned, if there was anything "important" you needed to upload such as the medical or police checks, then yes, you should complete the checks and upload as soon as you can. This is because, when you are specifically asked for those documents, you will only have 28 days to complete them.


Reply With Quote
  #3710 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2017, 02:31 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 35
Users Flag! From srilanka

23 likes received
24 likes given
Smile

Great news people, we have just received our grant notification!!!!

Applied on 23/08/2015
No communication from immigration
We have uploaded everything and did medical

Keep it up people!

__________________
Sri Lanka - 820 Aug 2015 Melbourne - 820 Grant Feb 2017 - 801 Aug 2017 - 801 Granted 30 April 2019

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:23 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com