820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 39

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3240Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 39


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #381 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:21 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Getting a little nervous with the wait on my own 820... my medicals expire Monday, and they had to be referred last time. If they don't grant this visa before then, that means they COULD ask me to redo them, and since mine were referred last time... ugh, really don't want to go through that again, especially since I don't have all the specialists here that I did back in the US yet. I thought we were marrying and applying in time that we wouldn't have to worry about that. Yeah.... apparently not!

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Reply With Quote
  #382 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 798
Users Flag! From australia

334 likes received
9141 likes given
Congratulations!

Hi Ian - Wonderful news. Thanks for sharing your details with us all. Enjoy your life together in Oz. Hope all goes well in the future and your 801 in due course. Cheers and take care...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_UK View Post
Hi All,

I'm a long time lurker of these forums and they were extremely helpful in putting my visa application together.

I just wanted to let you know that after a little over 5 months of waiting I was granted my 820 visa today.

I am a UK citizen and my partner is Australian. We met in Canada in 2011 and had lived together for 16 months in Canada and Australia before submitting our 820 application to Perth on December 20th. We submitted a decision ready paper application that amounted to 370 pages, I included form 80, police checks and my medical receipt.

It may be entirely unrelated but I emailed immigration yesterday to ask them for advice regarding a potential overseas trip we are planning for September and they came back to me today with a decision on my visa.

Needless to say we are completely over the moon. Best of luck to everyone that is waiting in here.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #383 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 798
Users Flag! From australia

334 likes received
9141 likes given
Fingers crossed...

Hi College Girl... I am sure we are all thinking of you in support, hoping that your grant will come soon, without a new medical being asked for. You, of all people, deserve at least that. You're not alone... cheers and best wishes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Getting a little nervous with the wait on my own 820... my medicals expire Monday, and they had to be referred last time. If they don't grant this visa before then, that means they COULD ask me to redo them, and since mine were referred last time... ugh, really don't want to go through that again, especially since I don't have all the specialists here that I did back in the US yet. I thought we were marrying and applying in time that we wouldn't have to worry about that. Yeah.... apparently not!

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #384 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:32 AM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkum View Post
Hi College Girl... I am sure we are all thinking of you in support, hoping that your grant will come soon, without a new medical being asked for. You, of all people, deserve at least that. You're not alone... cheers and best wishes...
Thanks Dinkum! I called them today and asked to verify that they had everything they needed, just to see if they'd tell me anything... I knew it was a lost cause when I called, lol, but I did anyway. Just as I expected, they wouldn't even pull up my file. Just "your processing officer will contact you if they need anything."

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Reply With Quote
  #385 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 798
Users Flag! From australia

334 likes received
9141 likes given
The usual stonewall

Hi CG - Yes, the usual 'nothing' reply gets really frustrating. We've made no approach to them at all as yet...just waiting. We recently sent updates of our expiring overseas and Australian police clearances to the Sydney Partner Processing Centre by registered mail. But after advice from you and Mark we will not try to update the health assessment unless asked for by the CO and provided with a HAP number. It expires early in July, so fingers crossed here too. Cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGirl View Post
Thanks Dinkum! I called them today and asked to verify that they had everything they needed, just to see if they'd tell me anything... I knew it was a lost cause when I called, lol, but I did anyway. Just as I expected, they wouldn't even pull up my file. Just "your processing officer will contact you if they need anything."

CollegeGirl likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #386 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Users Flag! From australia

7 likes received
6 likes given
Hi all,

Today, 1 year, 6 months, and 17 days since we applied - and pretty much out of the blue - we received the IMMI Grant Notification for my wife's 820 visa.

After a journey that began 6 months earlier than that, when we began the application process for an Australian tourist visa while living in Chiang Mai, we can breathe a sigh of relief - not because we ever doubted our application would be approved, but because there are no more hoops to jump through.

Thanks to everyone on this forum - even if we're not active participants, we still get a lot of assistance from you all.

EDIT: Because my signature won't update, here is our timeline:

From: Thailand
Applied: 13 Nov 2012
Applied From: Onshore
Visa Sub: 820 Partner Temporary Onshore
Application: Paper
Agent: No
Form 80 Submitted: 30 May 2013
Medicals: 12 Jun 2013
CO Assigned: 07 May 2014
Police Checks: 28 May 2014
Visa Granted: 30 May 2014
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Last edited by jamesbrock; 05-30-2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Add further info

Reply With Quote
  #387 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 01:06 PM
CollegeGirl's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9,033
Users Flag! From usa

4424 likes received
6268 likes given
Well, just a few more small hoops when it's time for her 801 PR in a few months. But until then you can breathe easy. Big congrats!

Dinkum likes this.
__________________
Original Nationality: US
Visa #1: PMV (300) through Washington, D.C
Applied: April 2013.
Visa Granted: January 2014.
Visa #2: Subclass 820 (From PMV).
Applied: End of April 2014.
Visa Granted: Early July 2014.
Visa #3: 801 (PR)
Eligibility Date: End of April 2016 (Applied a month prior).
PR Granted: Early April 2017.

Reply With Quote
  #388 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2014, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 798
Users Flag! From australia

334 likes received
9141 likes given
Congratulations!

Hi James - Great news. Thanks for sharing all your timeline details. Enjoy your life together in Oz. Best of luck with the 801 in 6 months time. Cheers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbrock View Post
Hi all,

Today, 1 year, 6 months, and 17 days since we applied - and pretty much out of the blue - we received the IMMI Grant Notification for my wife's 820 visa.

After a journey that began 6 months earlier than that, when we began the application process for an Australian tourist visa while living in Chiang Mai, we can breathe a sigh of relief - not because we ever doubted our application would be approved, but because there are no more hoops to jump through.

Thanks to everyone on this forum - even if we're not active participants, we still get a lot of assistance from you all.

EDIT: Because my signature won't update, here is our timeline:

From: Thailand
Applied: 13 Nov 2012
Applied From: Onshore
Visa Sub: 820 Partner Temporary Onshore
Application: Paper
Agent: No
Form 80 Submitted: 30 May 2013
Medicals: 12 Jun 2013
CO Assigned: 07 May 2014
Police Checks: 28 May 2014
Visa Granted: 30 May 2014

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #389 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2014, 02:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 67
Users Flag! From uk

41 likes received
27 likes given
Hi All,

I just thought I would let you know that my 820 visa application was accepted today. It has taken just over 2 months from a PMV visa.

Very happy and relieved. Now it is time to celebrate.

I wish everyone the best with their applications especially College Girl who has been such a tremendous support to a lot of us on her.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #390 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2014, 02:59 AM
Samanthayang's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 50
Users Flag! From australia

23 likes received
11 likes given
Hello everyone im new here
I just signed a contract with my agent 2 days ago for the 820 visa and he said would contact me within next week to collect all the evidence and stuffs then they will lodge the visa asap.
Our story: my boyfriend is from Nepal and he has been here for round 5-6yrs. His student visa expired last yr on Oct and he applied for a new student visa but got refused. Now hes on MRT. We have been tgt for more than a yr and I dont want him to leave me so I just decide to get married and keep him beside me.
Any advice guys? Cause the agent said they would do all the stuffs so i have no idea.
Btw, i am a permanent resident and i've been here for 3 yrs.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 03:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 09:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 03:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 03:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 04:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com