820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 399

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 399


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #3981 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 07:52 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
Hey Guys,

Whilst I have never had the need to post, this forum has provided a wealth of knowledge, hope, and reassurance. My partner was approved today for an 820 after only 9 months!!! We are feeling so happy and relieved! :-)
I have always enjoyed reading posts of peoples experiences and thought I would share ours.
My partner and I applied online in Melbourne and our application was processed by the Melbourne office. We front loaded our application and waited for a request for the medical.

Country of origin: UK
Applied 2/7/16 Online from Melbourne
Request for medical 30/03/17
Supplied 6/4/17
Grant 11/4/17

Good Luck to everyone else waiting. Hang in there!! :-)

LadyRogueRayne likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #3982 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 195
Users Flag! From newzealand

23 likes received
60 likes given
Congratulations Dave, wow that's fast. My wife is American, applied a few days before you 28/6/16 online in Brisbane, request for medical was 10/2/17, done 28/2/17, other documents asked, and supplied 3/4/17, "being assessed" and still waiting.


Reply With Quote
  #3983 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
Hey everyone,

I have been checking this forum for a long time since 2015 to be exact also been in contact with Mr Northam who was very helpful. I see that quite a few ppl have been granted their 820 visa's so congrats to those ppl.

My partner and I have now been waiting 18 months on the 27th of this month. We live in Sydney, however, our app is being processed in WA. Has anybody else waited this long or know about the speed that WA is processing apps atm? It seems other offices are doing it faster.

We had contact from DIBP the general email saying to make sure all info is uploaded with a check list asking for form80, so we sent that in straight away last year and we are still waiting. We last heard from them in december as we contacted them asking when our app would be finalized and we were told our app was with the external agency being checked which I assume is asio. The guy also told us that the processing speed of the external agency was currently slow and it wouldn't be processed before the end of last year. I don't think there is a time limit on the external agencies processing speeds? We will be eligible for 801 soon so the process is quite interesting and quite the eye opener.

Has anybody else had a response or wait long like this? We are just waiting now and just got on with our lives lol we used to check our email constantly. My partner is from Lebanon so i assume it's prob listed as a high risk country, could this be why it's taking so long? Also, we have consistently been uploading evidence as we go along and will continue to do so even though we havent heard anything, we recently uploaded a new AFP check for my partner just so they didnt have to ask for it.

BTW we registered our relationship in NSW before applying and have been together for over 2 years now and not long ago celebrated our anniversary Thanks for any responses or advice in advance.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3984 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 12:10 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 35
Users Flag! From srilanka

23 likes received
24 likes given
Hi guys, just saw this information on the agent website, thought I will share with you guys.

Partner Visa processing times update

This information has just been received from DIBP …

“…Due to the resourcing restrictions, average processing times for most Temporary Partner and Permanent applications are currently between 16-23 months from date of lodgement (s/c 820) and from date of eligibility (s/c 801/100).

The processing times are updated regularly on the DIBP website and we encourage you to check the following link:

[url]http://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times.

As we move into the final quarter of the programme year and focus our efforts intensively on meeting the annual target by 30 June, we will be giving priority to low-risk applicants and those regarded by DIBP as fully front-end loaded with documentation that immediately satisfies Partner criteria.

This will result in a departure from our usual chronological method of assessing applicants by month of lodgement. Therefore, you may find that some of your clients receive decisions ahead of others who lodged many months prior.

This triaging approach has been endorsed by the Executive as an efficiency measure to identify Partner applications which are potentially of the highest quality and lowest risk for
visa places this programme year…”

__________________
Sri Lanka - 820 Aug 2015 Melbourne - 820 Grant Feb 2017 - 801 Aug 2017 - 801 Granted 30 April 2019

Last edited by cherrygn; 04-12-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #3985 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 02:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 195
Users Flag! From newzealand

23 likes received
60 likes given
The above news was posted also awhile ago by CCMS (if I got that right.) In the meantime as of this morning, my wife got her Visa approved, just 9 1/2 months from lodging it, so we are trilled and relieved ;-)

LadyRogueRayne and SharKs like this.

Reply With Quote
  #3986 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 02:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 111
Users Flag! From netherlands

85 likes received
74 likes given
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygn View Post
Hi guys, just saw this information on the agent website, thought I will share with you guys.

Partner Visa processing times update

This information has just been received from DIBP …

“…Due to the resourcing restrictions, average processing times for most Temporary Partner and Permanent applications are currently between 16-23 months from date of lodgement (s/c 820) and from date of eligibility (s/c 801/100).

The processing times are updated regularly on the DIBP website and we encourage you to check the following link:

[url]http://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times.

As we move into the final quarter of the programme year and focus our efforts intensively on meeting the annual target by 30 June, we will be giving priority to low-risk applicants and those regarded by DIBP as fully front-end loaded with documentation that immediately satisfies Partner criteria.

This will result in a departure from our usual chronological method of assessing applicants by month of lodgement. Therefore, you may find that some of your clients receive decisions ahead of others who lodged many months prior.

This triaging approach has been endorsed by the Executive as an efficiency measure to identify Partner applications which are potentially of the highest quality and lowest risk for
visa places this programme year…”
I have no idea what this means... what is 'fully front-end loaded'? Mine has all the information (Medical done may last year, police check already updated), we have been together since Jan 2012 (living together for 4.5 years now), we know each other since the start of 2011, I'm from a low-risk country....yet I've been waiting way longer than people posting here that get their grant. I don't get it

__________________
Application date: 16/01/2016
Medical check: 27/05/2016
Police checks: 01/02/2016 and 27/02/2017
820 VISA GRANT: 19/04/2017
801 VISA GRANT: 25/05/2017 (due to >3 year de facto at time of original 820/801 application)

Reply With Quote
  #3987 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 04:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 195
Users Flag! From newzealand

23 likes received
60 likes given
I don't get that either, I'm sure Netherlands is a friendly country. Have you tried asking why it's taking so long? Seems very strange to me.


Reply With Quote
  #3988 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2017, 06:54 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharKs View Post
I have no idea what this means... what is 'fully front-end loaded'? Mine has all the information (Medical done may last year, police check already updated), we have been together since Jan 2012 (living together for 4.5 years now), we know each other since the start of 2011, I'm from a low-risk country....yet I've been waiting way longer than people posting here that get their grant. I don't get it
My partner and I have been waiting 18 months at the end of this month and all of our evidence was uploaded. Last we heard (December, 2016) it was still with external checks and that the processing speed of the agency was slow. We applied onshore in Sydney, however our app is being processed in WA. My partner is from Lebanon so not sure if this has anything to do with the current speed of our app being processed? He has been in aus for almost 5 years now so yeah a bit confused but playing the waiting game is quite tedious, oh we have been together for over 2 yrs now and we just keep uploading evidence as we go along.

SharKs likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #3989 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2017, 12:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 111
Users Flag! From netherlands

85 likes received
74 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrose View Post
My partner and I have been waiting 18 months at the end of this month and all of our evidence was uploaded. Last we heard (December, 2016) it was still with external checks and that the processing speed of the agency was slow. We applied onshore in Sydney, however our app is being processed in WA. My partner is from Lebanon so not sure if this has anything to do with the current speed of our app being processed? He has been in aus for almost 5 years now so yeah a bit confused but playing the waiting game is quite tedious, oh we have been together for over 2 yrs now and we just keep uploading evidence as we go along.
Yes I think mine is being processed in WA as well. I've been living in Aus for almost 4.5 years and we are building a house together, adopted dogs together, have joint bank accounts, did a lot of travelling together, have lots of shared friends etc etc. I wouldn't think my case is complicated, but who knows. It might just be a WA problem then, I guess. I hope you hear something soon! 18 months is crazy

__________________
Application date: 16/01/2016
Medical check: 27/05/2016
Police checks: 01/02/2016 and 27/02/2017
820 VISA GRANT: 19/04/2017
801 VISA GRANT: 25/05/2017 (due to >3 year de facto at time of original 820/801 application)

Reply With Quote
  #3990 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2017, 12:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 195
Users Flag! From newzealand

23 likes received
60 likes given
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharKs View Post
Yes I think mine is being processed in WA as well. I've been living in Aus for almost 4.5 years and we are building a house together, adopted dogs together, have joint bank accounts, did a lot of travelling together, have lots of shared friends etc etc. I wouldn't think my case is complicated, but who knows. It might just be a WA problem then, I guess. I hope you hear something soon! 18 months is crazy
I'm wondering what your account status is? We went from 'information requested' to 'Being Assessed' as soon as I hit the submitted information button. It was only 5 days later that they approved it. However, although this was an onshore application, it was done by the Washington Embassy, who I would think have a big work load? Then again WA might have a lack of staff, but I would be asking why the delay, you have nothing to loose, though you may not get an answer.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:19 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com