820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 414

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 414


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #4131 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2017, 02:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksc2017 View Post
I'm from the US, came here in May last year, applied for the 820 a couple weeks later. Got my Bridging Visa A within a few days. Submitted all the paperwork, started working, have a AusSuper acct, Medicare and back in February they asked for Form 888 be submitted by 2 people as witnesses to our relationship. It's been almost a year since applied, all I have ever gotten is "application is being assessed." It's frustrating.
Did you submit the 888's with the original application?


Reply With Quote
  #4132 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2017, 03:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 74
Users Flag! From usa

35 likes received
28 likes given
I applied Oct. 20 2016 I am from the USA, doing my medical next friday (hoping it triggers the process) My application is only received, nothing being looked at.

__________________
Applied for 820: 20 Oct 2016
Submitted FBI Checks: 10 Mar 2017
Submitted Medicals: 20 May 2017
CO contact: none had generic email from Immi to make sure everything was submitted in July 2017
820 Visa Grant: 10 Mar 2018
Applied for 801: 12 Oct 2018 (8 days early)
Enquiry about new AFP: 26 October 2019
801 Visa Grant: 20 November 2019

Reply With Quote
  #4133 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2017, 04:18 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tasmania
Posts: 31
Users Flag! From usa

6 likes received
5 likes given
I believe you can, but I didn't.. They sent an email requesting them. So, we had two friends do them for us. and now waiting again..........

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4134 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2017, 04:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
At least two F888s are required with each application, hence why you were asked for them.


Reply With Quote
  #4135 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 44
Users Flag! From serbia

24 likes received
24 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcellusF View Post
I hear ya.

The really annoying thing is that you read on the DIBP website about the processing times averaging a certain amount of months, and then you speak to people who only had to wait 6 months for the 820 while others have to wait over 15 months. It sucks that applicants with seeming identical circumstances and risk level can have such wildly different wait times.

Case in point, my mate with the Brazilian wife. Applied in September 2016 and got approved in April. 6 and a half months. They didn't even get a phone call or email from a CO. Driving to work one morning and his wife got an email out of the blue approving the 820. My mate reckons he still had documents he wanted to upload! Then you hear about people from low risk countries waiting in excess of 15 months. Doesn't make sense.

I know, it's just more whinging, but it's these kind of inconsistencies that put you on edge.

We're off back to Italy on Wednesday with a 7 month BVB multiple entry. We haven't booked our return ticket yet as we're flying there on the return leg of an old ticket, an we don't know how long we'll be staying. Just don't want to get there and then a few weeks later get a CO contact us and say you gotta get back to Oz as we're going to finalise the application. Would be great to know ahead of time... I figured wed have to wait till at least October this year, but with all these randomly quick approvals lately, everything feels up in the air.

Anyway, rant over.
yeap that`s life i was waiting 16 months

__________________
From: SERBIA,
applied for citizenship on 16.9.19
interview and test 6.1.20

Reply With Quote
  #4136 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 5,948
Users Flag! From australia

1175 likes received
345 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksc2017 View Post
I believe you can, but I didn't.. They sent an email requesting them. So, we had two friends do them for us. and now waiting again..........
I thought they were a vital part of the application at the very beginning. It was a pain getting them done., I was panicking about getting them done in time.

LadyRogueRayne likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #4137 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
I thought they were a vital part of the application at the very beginning. It was a pain getting them done., I was panicking about getting them done in time.
Seeing how long it can sometimes take to get back from people, it's prob best to submit them as early as possible. We usually ask people 2-3 months before applying to do them.


Reply With Quote
  #4138 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 47
Users Flag! From vietnam

9 likes received
13 likes given
Hi there ,
Anyone with experience please help advise me
I submitted my 820 online and got BVA immediately on 4th of Nov 2015

It is about over 18months since i got BVA
When i open my immi account it showed 2 stage saying
Stage 1 status: received
Stage2 applying for 801/100 : now it opens for me to submit but it seems that i could not submit it through because i have not got 820, i am still on BVA

Is it true that i have to wait until i granted 820 then i am able to submit for 801 ?

It said that i will be granted PR within 2yrs since submission on 4thNov2015

Thank you very much

__________________
28/11/2019: 820 and 810 Granted same time

Reply With Quote
  #4139 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2017, 03:21 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 21
Users Flag! From malaysia

12 likes received
6 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcellusF View Post
I hear ya.

The really annoying thing is that you read on the DIBP website about the processing times averaging a certain amount of months, and then you speak to people who only had to wait 6 months for the 820 while others have to wait over 15 months. It sucks that applicants with seeming identical circumstances and risk level can have such wildly different wait times.

Case in point, my mate with the Brazilian wife. Applied in September 2016 and got approved in April. 6 and a half months. They didn't even get a phone call or email from a CO. Driving to work one morning and his wife got an email out of the blue approving the 820. My mate reckons he still had documents he wanted to upload! Then you hear about people from low risk countries waiting in excess of 15 months. Doesn't make sense.

I know, it's just more whinging, but it's these kind of inconsistencies that put you on edge.

We're off back to Italy on Wednesday with a 7 month BVB multiple entry. We haven't booked our return ticket yet as we're flying there on the return leg of an old ticket, an we don't know how long we'll be staying. Just don't want to get there and then a few weeks later get a CO contact us and say you gotta get back to Oz as we're going to finalise the application. Would be great to know ahead of time... I figured wed have to wait till at least October this year, but with all these randomly quick approvals lately, everything feels up in the air.

Anyway, rant over.
I feel you Marcellus. Really frustrating and annoying.

I'm from Malaysia (low risk country) and as of today, I have been waiting for almost 17 months.

I applied on 19th Dec 2015. I got an email once from them asked me to do medical. And after that, nothing until today.

I do understand that the department is busy currently but when you hear other people from high risk country got approved less than a year, it make you think that this is unfair and start thinking of what kind of system they are using in prioritize the application.

MarcellusF likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #4140 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2017, 03:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ancona, Italy
Posts: 147
Users Flag! From australia

74 likes received
156 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyLo View Post
I feel you Marcellus. Really frustrating and annoying.

I'm from Malaysia (low risk country) and as of today, I have been waiting for almost 17 months.

I applied on 19th Dec 2015. I got an email once from them asked me to do medical. And after that, nothing until today.

I do understand that the department is busy currently but when you hear other people from high risk country got approved less than a year, it make you think that this is unfair and start thinking of what kind of system they are using in prioritize the application.
Ouch, yeah that must suck.

I just emailed the Perth office this morning to confirm that we were flying out tomorrow and that we'd like to know ahead of time should it eventuate we needed to be back at a certain time for finalisation of the application.

I also cheekily suggested that if they finalised our application before tomorrow evening, then all of this would be moot! haha.

And I actually got a reply. They said that at this time they are unable to finalise our situation but that they hoped we enjoyed our stay overseas and to make sure we acquire the two penal/police certificates relative to the Italian authorities. lols

Of course, we uploaded both of those documents with NAATI translations when we made our online application in October...

Ah well, it was worth a shot! I'm stoked I got a reply, tbh.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:20 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com