Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Mish 06-21-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyt6090 (Post 1592289)
What can I do now? Can I apply for onshore tourist visa or do something with my job as I'm truck driver can I apply for work permit my boss will agree to write recommendation letter for me as never took off from work. Please there must be something

I am unsure if you can apply for a tourist visa onshore but a tourist visa onshore or offshore is unlikely to be granted.

I don't think a truck driver is a job that you can sponsored for but you would need to check.

You just have to decide what is more important visiting your family or waiting on the outcome with AAT in Australia. Also you need to remember that if AAT isn't successful they will give you 28 days to leave the country.

Joyt6090 06-21-2017 12:23 PM

Anyway to speed up my AAT hearing?
Most probably you mean my time is going to get more worse and I shouldn't try anything just watch these department play their thing.

Mish 06-21-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyt6090 (Post 1592313)
Anyway to speed up my AAT hearing?
Most probably you mean my time is going to get more worse and I shouldn't try anything just watch these department play their thing.

Unfortunately no you just need to wait for your time. You might be able to ring them and get an ETA but that is about it. If favourable it still needs to go back to DIBP anyway amd they can take a few months to finalise it.

Alice_06 06-22-2017 04:05 AM

Hi, everyone, I just applied for 820 in Feb 2017. Yesterday I got an email from the Immigration Office and it contained a check list. It said in the email that it wasn't a formal request for further documents but at the start of the email, it pointed out "important, action required". So I am confused now. Can anyone explain what this email is for? Thanks a thousand.

ZambianAussie 06-22-2017 06:01 AM

Hi All.
First time posting on here. And the reason for this is that my husband and I have been waiting over 21 months for anything from immigration. My husband is from Zambia and is currently on a bridging visa C with full work rights that we applied for and were granted. However, 21+months since then, we have sent multiple emails, requested priority processing 2 weeks ago, called so many times but still no answer no request for information no nothing... We have no problem waiting unfortunately my husband now has to miss a family wedding coming up as it has taken so long and the stress of not knowing if it will be granted or denied is too much.

Some background information
before applying was with my husband for 1.5 years, living together for 6 months, I have a child from a previous relationship, also we had a child together now, we applied for student visa to give us more time to save for the visa application and we were getting married (September) however this student visa was denied in august 2015, within the 28 days we applied for the partner visa 820 ourselves in September 2015. provided all the documents and within 2 days received the acknowledgement letter. then 3 weeks later received the BVC grant letter. applied for work rights and granted within 2 weeks. BUT here we are 21+months later and still no word at all.

I am lost with what to do and it seems no one else has waited this long for something from immigration.

Gabby 06-22-2017 06:15 AM

Hi I believe this is just a generic email to get all your paperwork in check.

SharKs 06-22-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZambianAussie (Post 1592953)
Hi All.
First time posting on here. And the reason for this is that my husband and I have been waiting over 21 months for anything from immigration. My husband is from Zambia and is currently on a bridging visa C with full work rights that we applied for and were granted. However, 21+months since then, we have sent multiple emails, requested priority processing 2 weeks ago, called so many times but still no answer no request for information no nothing... We have no problem waiting unfortunately my husband now has to miss a family wedding coming up as it has taken so long and the stress of not knowing if it will be granted or denied is too much.

Some background information
before applying was with my husband for 1.5 years, living together for 6 months, I have a child from a previous relationship, also we had a child together now, we applied for student visa to give us more time to save for the visa application and we were getting married (September) however this student visa was denied in august 2015, within the 28 days we applied for the partner visa 820 ourselves in September 2015. provided all the documents and within 2 days received the acknowledgement letter. then 3 weeks later received the BVC grant letter. applied for work rights and granted within 2 weeks. BUT here we are 21+months later and still no word at all.

I am lost with what to do and it seems no one else has waited this long for something from immigration.

Hi,
At first I would say that you would probably be part of the 10% that does not get processed within 20 months (high risk country might be a factor), and not to worry too much, however you also indicated that his student visa was refused and that you only lived together for 6 months before applying? Usually you have to prove that you've been living together for at least 12 months before applying for a partner visa... I don't know if that is going to be an issue.

The only advice I can give is try to call and/or email to ask for an update, which you are allowed to do because you've been waiting 20 months now (they should respond to you within two weeks). And make sure you have all your evidence up to date maybe?

ZambianAussie 06-22-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharKs (Post 1593001)
Hi,
At first I would say that you would probably be part of the 10% that does not get processed within 20 months (high risk country might be a factor), and not to worry too much, however you also indicated that his student visa was refused and that you only lived together for 6 months before applying? Usually you have to prove that you've been living together for at least 12 months before applying for a partner visa... I don't know if that is going to be an issue.

The only advice I can give is try to call and/or email to ask for an update, which you are allowed to do because you've been waiting 20 months now (they should respond to you within two weeks). And make sure you have all your evidence up to date maybe?


Yes that is right we knew about the living together time frame however we were married before we applied so the time frame is waived. We had friends from the same country apply in the same month and year as us, and they have already been granted a temporary visa within the 15 months of applying.

I have sent 5 emails and my husband has sent 4. Including a priority processing request 2 weeks ago. I have lost track of the amount of times we have called but they give no information or help at all.

Also we have submitted more recent evidence like itinerary for holidays in Australia, invitations and new lease agreement. However we are already at 52 documents submitted.

SharKs 06-22-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZambianAussie (Post 1593065)
Yes that is right we knew about the living together time frame however we were married before we applied so the time frame is waived. We had friends from the same country apply in the same month and year as us, and they have already been granted a temporary visa within the 15 months of applying.

I have sent 5 emails and my husband has sent 4. Including a priority processing request 2 weeks ago. I have lost track of the amount of times we have called but they give no information or help at all.

Also we have submitted more recent evidence like itinerary for holidays in Australia, invitations and new lease agreement. However we are already at 52 documents submitted.

Hmm okay. Yes I know some take longer than others... I know someone who applied in the same week as I did, and she hasn't heard anything yet either (>17 months now), whereas I've had my visa for 2 months now.
You should have received a response to your emails. If no one replies to you, even though it's been >20 months, maybe it is time to make a complaint with Immi (should be able to find a complaint form online...). And if that doesn't help, maybe make a complaint with the ombudsman? That might get things rolling....

New2Aussie 06-22-2017 08:15 AM

Same thing happened to me. I personally (and hope) it means they are getting ready to assign you a case officer and are making sure you are decision ready.


Quote:

Originally Posted by croissantgirl (Post 1592065)
Was there any change in your ImmiAccount status? Mine hasn't changed at all, still says 'received'. Really hope we get some love from the Department in the new financial year :)



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com