820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 436

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 436


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #4351 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2017, 12:17 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyt6090 View Post
What can I do now? Can I apply for onshore tourist visa or do something with my job as I'm truck driver can I apply for work permit my boss will agree to write recommendation letter for me as never took off from work. Please there must be something
I am unsure if you can apply for a tourist visa onshore but a tourist visa onshore or offshore is unlikely to be granted.

I don't think a truck driver is a job that you can sponsored for but you would need to check.

You just have to decide what is more important visiting your family or waiting on the outcome with AAT in Australia. Also you need to remember that if AAT isn't successful they will give you 28 days to leave the country.

Littlepeanut likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #4352 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2017, 12:23 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From australia

Anyway to speed up my AAT hearing?
Most probably you mean my time is going to get more worse and I shouldn't try anything just watch these department play their thing.


Reply With Quote
  #4353 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2017, 12:25 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyt6090 View Post
Anyway to speed up my AAT hearing?
Most probably you mean my time is going to get more worse and I shouldn't try anything just watch these department play their thing.
Unfortunately no you just need to wait for your time. You might be able to ring them and get an ETA but that is about it. If favourable it still needs to go back to DIBP anyway amd they can take a few months to finalise it.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4354 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2017, 04:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 104
Users Flag! From china

25 likes received
33 likes given
Hi, everyone, I just applied for 820 in Feb 2017. Yesterday I got an email from the Immigration Office and it contained a check list. It said in the email that it wasn't a formal request for further documents but at the start of the email, it pointed out "important, action required". So I am confused now. Can anyone explain what this email is for? Thanks a thousand.


Reply With Quote
  #4355 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2017, 06:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 54
Users Flag! From zambia

9 likes received
1 likes given
Hi All.
First time posting on here. And the reason for this is that my husband and I have been waiting over 21 months for anything from immigration. My husband is from Zambia and is currently on a bridging visa C with full work rights that we applied for and were granted. However, 21+months since then, we have sent multiple emails, requested priority processing 2 weeks ago, called so many times but still no answer no request for information no nothing... We have no problem waiting unfortunately my husband now has to miss a family wedding coming up as it has taken so long and the stress of not knowing if it will be granted or denied is too much.

Some background information
before applying was with my husband for 1.5 years, living together for 6 months, I have a child from a previous relationship, also we had a child together now, we applied for student visa to give us more time to save for the visa application and we were getting married (September) however this student visa was denied in august 2015, within the 28 days we applied for the partner visa 820 ourselves in September 2015. provided all the documents and within 2 days received the acknowledgement letter. then 3 weeks later received the BVC grant letter. applied for work rights and granted within 2 weeks. BUT here we are 21+months later and still no word at all.

I am lost with what to do and it seems no one else has waited this long for something from immigration.


Reply With Quote
  #4356 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2017, 06:15 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 34
Users Flag! From uk

24 likes received
32 likes given
Hi I believe this is just a generic email to get all your paperwork in check.

MarcellusF likes this.
__________________
**********************************************
UK: Online | No Agent | Onshore | Low Risk
06 Sep 2016 - 820 submitted
06 Sep 2017 - 820 Granted
08 Aug 2018 - 801 submitted
19 Feb 2020 - 801 Granted

Total: 41 months | 3 yrs 5 months 13 days | 1261 days

Reply With Quote
  #4357 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2017, 06:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 111
Users Flag! From netherlands

85 likes received
74 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZambianAussie View Post
Hi All.
First time posting on here. And the reason for this is that my husband and I have been waiting over 21 months for anything from immigration. My husband is from Zambia and is currently on a bridging visa C with full work rights that we applied for and were granted. However, 21+months since then, we have sent multiple emails, requested priority processing 2 weeks ago, called so many times but still no answer no request for information no nothing... We have no problem waiting unfortunately my husband now has to miss a family wedding coming up as it has taken so long and the stress of not knowing if it will be granted or denied is too much.

Some background information
before applying was with my husband for 1.5 years, living together for 6 months, I have a child from a previous relationship, also we had a child together now, we applied for student visa to give us more time to save for the visa application and we were getting married (September) however this student visa was denied in august 2015, within the 28 days we applied for the partner visa 820 ourselves in September 2015. provided all the documents and within 2 days received the acknowledgement letter. then 3 weeks later received the BVC grant letter. applied for work rights and granted within 2 weeks. BUT here we are 21+months later and still no word at all.

I am lost with what to do and it seems no one else has waited this long for something from immigration.
Hi,
At first I would say that you would probably be part of the 10% that does not get processed within 20 months (high risk country might be a factor), and not to worry too much, however you also indicated that his student visa was refused and that you only lived together for 6 months before applying? Usually you have to prove that you've been living together for at least 12 months before applying for a partner visa... I don't know if that is going to be an issue.

The only advice I can give is try to call and/or email to ask for an update, which you are allowed to do because you've been waiting 20 months now (they should respond to you within two weeks). And make sure you have all your evidence up to date maybe?

__________________
Application date: 16/01/2016
Medical check: 27/05/2016
Police checks: 01/02/2016 and 27/02/2017
820 VISA GRANT: 19/04/2017
801 VISA GRANT: 25/05/2017 (due to >3 year de facto at time of original 820/801 application)

Reply With Quote
  #4358 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2017, 06:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 54
Users Flag! From zambia

9 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharKs View Post
Hi,
At first I would say that you would probably be part of the 10% that does not get processed within 20 months (high risk country might be a factor), and not to worry too much, however you also indicated that his student visa was refused and that you only lived together for 6 months before applying? Usually you have to prove that you've been living together for at least 12 months before applying for a partner visa... I don't know if that is going to be an issue.

The only advice I can give is try to call and/or email to ask for an update, which you are allowed to do because you've been waiting 20 months now (they should respond to you within two weeks). And make sure you have all your evidence up to date maybe?

Yes that is right we knew about the living together time frame however we were married before we applied so the time frame is waived. We had friends from the same country apply in the same month and year as us, and they have already been granted a temporary visa within the 15 months of applying.

I have sent 5 emails and my husband has sent 4. Including a priority processing request 2 weeks ago. I have lost track of the amount of times we have called but they give no information or help at all.

Also we have submitted more recent evidence like itinerary for holidays in Australia, invitations and new lease agreement. However we are already at 52 documents submitted.


Reply With Quote
  #4359 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2017, 06:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 111
Users Flag! From netherlands

85 likes received
74 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZambianAussie View Post
Yes that is right we knew about the living together time frame however we were married before we applied so the time frame is waived. We had friends from the same country apply in the same month and year as us, and they have already been granted a temporary visa within the 15 months of applying.

I have sent 5 emails and my husband has sent 4. Including a priority processing request 2 weeks ago. I have lost track of the amount of times we have called but they give no information or help at all.

Also we have submitted more recent evidence like itinerary for holidays in Australia, invitations and new lease agreement. However we are already at 52 documents submitted.
Hmm okay. Yes I know some take longer than others... I know someone who applied in the same week as I did, and she hasn't heard anything yet either (>17 months now), whereas I've had my visa for 2 months now.
You should have received a response to your emails. If no one replies to you, even though it's been >20 months, maybe it is time to make a complaint with Immi (should be able to find a complaint form online...). And if that doesn't help, maybe make a complaint with the ombudsman? That might get things rolling....

MarcellusF likes this.
__________________
Application date: 16/01/2016
Medical check: 27/05/2016
Police checks: 01/02/2016 and 27/02/2017
820 VISA GRANT: 19/04/2017
801 VISA GRANT: 25/05/2017 (due to >3 year de facto at time of original 820/801 application)

Reply With Quote
  #4360 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2017, 08:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 74
Users Flag! From usa

35 likes received
28 likes given
Same thing happened to me. I personally (and hope) it means they are getting ready to assign you a case officer and are making sure you are decision ready.


Quote:
Originally Posted by croissantgirl View Post
Was there any change in your ImmiAccount status? Mine hasn't changed at all, still says 'received'. Really hope we get some love from the Department in the new financial year

croissantgirl likes this.

__________________
Applied for 820: 20 Oct 2016
Submitted FBI Checks: 10 Mar 2017
Submitted Medicals: 20 May 2017
CO contact: none had generic email from Immi to make sure everything was submitted in July 2017
820 Visa Grant: 10 Mar 2018
Applied for 801: 12 Oct 2018 (8 days early)
Enquiry about new AFP: 26 October 2019
801 Visa Grant: 20 November 2019

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com