Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Alice_06 06-22-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabby (Post 1592993)
Hi I believe this is just a generic email to get all your paperwork in check.

Hi Gabby, would you suggest that I arranger a health examination now? :)

Selwyn 06-22-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharKs (Post 1593001)
Usually you have to prove that you've been living together for at least 12 months before applying for a partner visa... I don't know if that is going to be an issue.

Dyu think it would be different for those who came on a PMV? Because that is tricky given that I've applied for PMV and I was thinking once it is granted and that I've moved to Aus, we would normally take 2-3 months max before getting married (of course depending on the expiry of the 9 months which they will give me else it could be 1-2 months itself ). So that would mean living together for 2-3 months only as husband and wife. What's your views on this?

Littlepeanut 06-22-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selwyn (Post 1593321)
Dyu think it would be different for those who came on a PMV? Because that is tricky given that I've applied for PMV and I was thinking once it is granted and that I've moved to Aus, we would normally take 2-3 months max before getting married (of course depending on the expiry of the 9 months which they will give me else it could be 1-2 months itself ). So that would mean living together for 2-3 months only as husband and wife. What's your views on this?

yes. it would be different for people from 300 visa. And for my case we did not live together before but I need to know my partner more than 12 months the I registered the relationship instead of 12 months living together. (this is allowed in QLD)

Selwyn 06-22-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeanut (Post 1593497)
yes. it would be different for people from 300 visa. And for my case we did not live together before but I need to know my partner more than 12 months the I registered the relationship instead of 12 months living together. (this is allowed in QLD)

Thanks for this. Any reason how registering a relationship shall help post PMV grant (FYI - I've known her for nearly 5 years and been in the love relationship for more than 4 years)? My fiancee is based in Melbourne and I don't know if a relationship can be registered there.

Mish 06-22-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selwyn (Post 1593321)
Dyu think it would be different for those who came on a PMV? Because that is tricky given that I've applied for PMV and I was thinking once it is granted and that I've moved to Aus, we would normally take 2-3 months max before getting married (of course depending on the expiry of the 9 months which they will give me else it could be 1-2 months itself ). So that would mean living together for 2-3 months only as husband and wife. What's your views on this?

PMV to 820 is totally different, with that one they are just checking you fulfilled the requirements - you got married after the PMV was granted and it was after your first entry to Australia and it was within 9 months of the grant. It is normal that PMV to 820 applicants do not live together much before lodging the 820 application.

Littlepeanut 06-22-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selwyn (Post 1593521)
Thanks for this. Any reason how registering a relationship shall help post PMV grant (FYI - I've known her for nearly 5 years and been in the love relationship for more than 4 years)? My fiancee is based in Melbourne and I don't know if a relationship can be registered there.

sorry my talk made u confused. I just was aiming ":yes it's different from 300 to 820" and the other haft is about time frame for people who just applied onshore for 820 and didn't live together for 12 months.

Selwyn 06-22-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mish (Post 1593617)
PMV to 820 is totally different, with that one they are just checking you fulfilled the requirements - you got married after the PMV was granted and it was after your first entry to Australia and it was within 9 months of the grant. It is normal that PMV to 820 applicants do not live together much before lodging the 820 application.

Thanks Mish. I always feel worried about absolutely everything regarding my visa and future plans, so that's why I sought some comforts.

It's really amazing how ALL people here are so generous, even those who are not admins and even better some great RMAs themselves. Thanks a lot to all of you for always being here to guide us accordingly...

Selwyn 06-22-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeanut (Post 1593625)
sorry my talk made u confused. I just was aiming ":yes it's different from 300 to 820" and the other haft is about time frame for people who just applied onshore for 820 and didn't live together for 12 months.

Ah that makes sense now (Relieved! lol). Thanks a lot Littlepeanut, any advise given is always very much appreciated. Cheers

Mish 06-22-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selwyn (Post 1593649)
Thanks Mish. I always feel worried about absolutely everything regarding my visa and future plans, so that's why I sought some comforts.

It's really amazing how ALL people here are so generous, even those who are not admins and even better some great RMAs themselves. Thanks a lot to all of you for always being here to guide us accordingly...

It is easy to second guess yourself in regards to the visa.

Just remember when you get here to start collecting evidence for example: get added to lease (if applicable), get added to bills (electricity, telephone etc), get added to insurance (home and motor vehicle), get joint health insurance (if applicable) after you apply for the 820, keep all letters at the same address, keep anything you do together for example movies, sporting events etc. When you fill in the paperwork for your super when you start a job add your wife as your beneficiary. You will need all of this kind of evidence for the 801 when the time comes.

Oh and also open up a joint bank account. You can use individual accounts if you wish but a joint account is so much easier.

Skybluebrewer 06-22-2017 11:04 AM

Yeah, 820 from PMV is not like a straight 820, but 801 is the same across the board so start collecting evidence sooner rather than later.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com