820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 465

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 465


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #4641 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 06:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 111
Users Flag! From netherlands

85 likes received
74 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyAus View Post
No...no contact since I applied, but I have seen that some of those who applied after me have been requested for further info already!
Wow that is quick! I had my first contact after 15 months, and that was after I contacted them about a couple of things... Hopefully they find a way to speed up the process soon, but it seems to be blowing out more and more...

__________________
Application date: 16/01/2016
Medical check: 27/05/2016
Police checks: 01/02/2016 and 27/02/2017
820 VISA GRANT: 19/04/2017
801 VISA GRANT: 25/05/2017 (due to >3 year de facto at time of original 820/801 application)

Reply With Quote
  #4642 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 10:09 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 9
Users Flag! From australia

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharKs View Post
Wow that is quick! I had my first contact after 15 months, and that was after I contacted them about a couple of things... Hopefully they find a way to speed up the process soon, but it seems to be blowing out more and more...
Hi, do you remember through which email you contacted them? I am also expecting 801 as a result of our long relationship and child.


Reply With Quote
  #4643 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 154
Users Flag! From australia

47 likes received
148 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZambianAussie View Post
Not to worry. Just over a year is still an OK waiting time. We have been waiting 22 months so far and no word whatsoever from immigration, despite multiple attempts for an update and priority processing. We are just going to wait until we have passed the 2 year mark and then push more directly too 801 rather then 820. We applied on-line in Perth by ourselves.
Hey there!

we have been waiting for 16 months. I know it is not exactly the same, but can we push more directly to visa 801, if we would not hear anything within 8 months?

Thank you

__________________
Applied: 12 Mar 2016,
Visa Sub: 820 Partner Temporary Onshore,
Application: Online, Agent: No
Medicals: Feb 2017
Police Checks: Jan 2017
Visa Grant: 820 and 801 20 Mar 2018

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4644 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:45 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmel View Post
Hey there!

we have been waiting for 16 months. I know it is not exactly the same, but can we push more directly to visa 801, if we would not hear anything within 8 months?

Thank you
If you do not have a long term relationship they will only grant 801 if the processing time has taken 24 months or longer.

Rimmel likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #4645 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2017, 01:17 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From australia

9 likes received
4 likes given
Applied December 2016 and did not expect to hear anything for another year, however my partner (sponsor) had a request to submit his police check on July 21st. I'm guessing someone looked at his application to approve him as a sponsor. Since it has been 7 months since application I have booked in my medicals now and am also looking into getting my overseas police check. Don't think anyone will be looking at my application for another while, but better be prepared I guess. What I found was interesting is that my bridging visa had been send from the ACT department, whereas the request for the police check came from SA. We applied online from VIC.


Reply With Quote
  #4646 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2017, 07:40 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 43
Users Flag! From uk

10 likes received
4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue. View Post
Applied December 2016 and did not expect to hear anything for another year, however my partner (sponsor) had a request to submit his police check on July 21st. I'm guessing someone looked at his application to approve him as a sponsor. Since it has been 7 months since application I have booked in my medicals now and am also looking into getting my overseas police check. Don't think anyone will be looking at my application for another while, but better be prepared I guess. What I found was interesting is that my bridging visa had been send from the ACT department, whereas the request for the police check came from SA. We applied online from VIC.
I also applied in December 2016, via paper application in VIC. However my partner received the police check in January 2017. I'm hoping this is a positive thing and we are approved faster?


Reply With Quote
  #4647 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2017, 01:21 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From australia

9 likes received
4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by xemmafellowsx View Post
I also applied in December 2016, via paper application in VIC. However my partner received the police check in January 2017. I'm hoping this is a positive thing and we are approved faster?
Possibly, however I dare to doubt it seeing as the police check is part of the change in requirements for the sponsor that came into effect in November 2016 and has only been reinforced in the recent changes at the beginning of July. We planned to hold off the police check for 6-8 months due to the out of proportion waiting times coupled with the 12 month longevity of the police check. Nonetheless, I'm glad that someone looked at least at the sponsor's application so we must be on someone's radar.
I have read somewhere that along with the extended waiting times from the start of July DIBP aims to assess front-loaded, low risk applications first, but I think that can be taken with a big grain of salt, seeing as there are plenty people on this forum that fulfil this criteria and have been waiting exceptionally long. Going for my Medicals tomorrow and getting ready to send off my application for the German police check. Also getting ready for another year of waiting


Reply With Quote
  #4648 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2017, 03:52 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 43
Users Flag! From uk

10 likes received
4 likes given
Because I applied via paper application, I was not sent the HAP ID to go ahead and get the medicals. Therefore I have already submitted my Police checks for both AUS and UK, because they requested my partner's AUS police checks I am hoping that they will take less than 12 months on the basis that they requested his and his check will expire January 2018.

They replied via email telling me the following after I sent them through and requested the HAP ID:

Dear Ms ****

Thank you for your email.

We confirm that we have attached your Police certificates to your application.

Due to the current processing times, the Temporary Partner Processing section does not recommend that you undergo your health examinations for permanent residency at this stage, as they may expire before a decision on your partner visa application can be made. If your results expire then you will be required to undertake them again.

Please wait until you are advised by the Temporary Partner Processing section to proceed with your health examinations. You will be provided by a HAP ID by your case officer.

However, you can continue to provide other documentation to support you application in the meantime. Information on documentation required for Partner visa applications can be found on our website.


Yours Sincerely


Temporary Partner Processing - Melbourne
GM Family
Skilled & Family Delivery | Visa & Citizenship Management
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
GPO Box 241
MELBOURNE VIC 3001

Email: [email protected]


Reply With Quote
  #4649 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2017, 05:55 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 26
Users Flag! From australia

9 likes received
4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by xemmafellowsx View Post
Because I applied via paper application, I was not sent the HAP ID to go ahead and get the medicals. Therefore I have already submitted my Police checks for both AUS and UK, because they requested my partner's AUS police checks I am hoping that they will take less than 12 months on the basis that they requested his and his check will expire January 2018.

They replied via email telling me the following after I sent them through and requested the HAP ID:

Dear Ms ****

Thank you for your email.

We confirm that we have attached your Police certificates to your application.

Due to the current processing times, the Temporary Partner Processing section does not recommend that you undergo your health examinations for permanent residency at this stage, as they may expire before a decision on your partner visa application can be made. If your results expire then you will be required to undertake them again.

Please wait until you are advised by the Temporary Partner Processing section to proceed with your health examinations. You will be provided by a HAP ID by your case officer.

However, you can continue to provide other documentation to support you application in the meantime. Information on documentation required for Partner visa applications can be found on our website.


Yours Sincerely


Temporary Partner Processing - Melbourne
GM Family
Skilled & Family Delivery | Visa & Citizenship Management
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
GPO Box 241
MELBOURNE VIC 3001

Email: [email protected]
Obviously paper and online applications are different, but based on what you have written my understanding is that your partner (sponsor) had been requested to submit his AUS police check, but there was no request for you to submit your police checks? I believe (and I am by no means a professional!) the request was based on DIBP wanting to approve your partner as a sponsor. If the paper application is anything like the online, the sponsor application is somewhat separate from the applicant's and therefore often approved before yours, as the eligibility criteria for the sponsor is easier to assess.

What caught my eye is that the email advised you to hold off with the medicals until advised due to the long waiting times, however the longevity of the police checks and the medicals are the same. Therefore, I probably would have waited with the police checks until the medical was requested. Then again, I also am going for my police check and medical based on the request for my partner's police check. I was not asked to submit my medical or police check, but the online application gives me the option to simply print my HAP ID and referral letter.

I have seen the advice around the forum to wait about 6 months after the application until submitting PC and medicals, however even then there have been people with expired PC and medicals that have still been granted their TR.

PS: it's nice to know of someone who applied around the same time, I'm hoping we'll both get through quickly!


Reply With Quote
  #4650 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2017, 06:01 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 43
Users Flag! From uk

10 likes received
4 likes given
We can only hope and guess. It's really good to have these forums to compare and also gives a bit of peace of mind sometimes. I actually put the application together myself using other people's blogs and forums! It's proved to be very useful.

I noticed your application date, hence why I messaged you! This site isn't too easy to sift through and find the relevant things sometimes, do you know how I can find others who applied the same time as us, and more specifically for me finding others who applied via paper for their processing times?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com