820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 473

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 473


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #4721 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2017, 06:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ancona, Italy
Posts: 147
Users Flag! From australia

74 likes received
156 likes given
Um, we got a 7 and a half month multiple entry bvb for my wife but it wasn't for future vacation purposes. It was granted because a) my wife needed to travel for work once her maternity leave finished and b) I too needed to work vintage in Europe which would see all of us overseas at least till the end of October; and c) we had to renovate our apartment before putting it on the market to facilities our purchasing a place in Australia.

It was granted immediately even though the only piece of evidence we uploaded was a copy from the Italian Centrelink detailing the end of my wife's paid maternity leave.

Maybe travel is too frivolous a reason to ask for a long bvb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdawg View Post
My wife was granted a 3 month BVB for travel in May this year. Originally only 2 weeks was granted because of the planned travel time of 2 weeks on our itinerary but we requested a longer time for future travel. I emailed and complained and they reissued the BVB with a 3 month multiple entry.
It still wasn't what we wanted but was better than the initial one. We didn't end up utulising the 3 months anyway due to my work and general situation.
Now we are needing to travel again for a month and requested up to 6 months to plan for future trips including holidays to wherever. We have paid another BVB fee, this time $145. Gone up $5 in just 4 months.
They came back with a 2 month multiple but dated from the time of application not the date of expected departure so in effect only a window of 6 weeks travel.
I emailed complaining about it and they said it won't be changed due to various reasons being:
We didn't provide evidence of future travel and the visa was granted based on what we did submit which was the travel dates for this trip and the itinerary to go with it.
I have replied further complaining that I was not pleased with the decision and that we could not provide further details of future travel or supporting documents due the fact that we can't book it if the BVB is not granted etc..
I stated that we provided information of intended future travel, the reasons why and that the 6 months should be granted based on that.
We also stated in our initial supporting letter that we applied for partner visa onshore in Dec 2016. Most of the required docs have been submitted.
DIBP have requested Aust and Overseas police checks and wifes medicals which have all since been submitted a couple months ago. Although they have requested all this stuff already and it's been submitted, it's still only 9 1/2 months since we submitted onshore application.
For this reason, I expresed to DIBP that we are not expecting the 820 to be granted anytime soon so why are they not granting the longer term for the BVB?
I have read in this forum where others have been granted up to 6 months to travel on the BVB. We have paid now twice totalling $285 for BVB.
I'm not a happy person.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Last edited by MarcellusF; 09-06-2017 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Grammar

Reply With Quote
  #4722 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 34
Users Flag! From uk

24 likes received
32 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdawg View Post
Are you able to elaborate a little more on the circumstances of your relationship which enabled you to be granted the visa in 11 months?
It may help others understand the system a bit better in comparison to their own applications.
Hi Guys,

Just to update you all, the wait is over and my visa has been Granted.

Please see my timeline below

Nationality: UK
Applied online from Sydney, NO agent
Front loaded - uploaded all necessary documents straight away, police checks x 3 different countries, 888 forms etc.. just waited for my medical which I did in Feb 2017.

06 Sep 2016 - Application received 820/801
06 Sep 2016 - BVA granted
29 Sep 2016 - BVB granted (to allow me to travel)
21 Feb 2017 - DIAC information required to access your Partner visa application (sent by email)
24 Feb 2017 - Health assessment
27 Feb 2017 - Health Clearance provided
21 June 2017 - Case officer assigned - request for missing document
22 June 2017 - Assessment in progress
23 Aug 2017 - BVB granted (to allow me to travel)
06 Sep 2017 - GRANT NOTIFICATION!!!!!

Exactly one year to the day since I applied.

Good luck to everyone out there, I'm sure your Grants are right around the corner!

__________________
**********************************************
UK: Online | No Agent | Onshore | Low Risk
06 Sep 2016 - 820 submitted
06 Sep 2017 - 820 Granted
08 Aug 2018 - 801 submitted
19 Feb 2020 - 801 Granted

Total: 41 months | 3 yrs 5 months 13 days | 1261 days

Last edited by Gabby; 09-06-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #4723 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 182
Users Flag! From australia

21 likes received
18 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcellusF View Post
Um, we got a 7 and a half month multiple entry bvb for my wife but it wasn't for future vacation purposes. It was granted because a) my wife needed to travel for work once her maternity leave finished and b) I too needed to work vintage in Europe which would see all of us overseas at least till the end of October; and c) we had to renovate our apartment before putting it on the market to facilities our purchasing a place in Australia.

It was granted immediately even though the only piece of evidence we uploaded was a copy from the Italian Centrelink detailing the end of my wife's paid maternity leave.

Maybe travel is too frivolous a reason to ask for a long bvb?

The request wasn't just for holidays, it was also to sort out personal belongings, property, personal matters and visiting family.
what is the big deal in travelling for extended periods when the grant is a long time away? They really make the applicants and their sponsoring partners feel like prisoners in this system, no freedom to come and and go ( until the visa is granted off course).


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4724 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 34
Users Flag! From uk

24 likes received
32 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Aussie View Post
No It was that generic email that was sent to me, from QLD no case officer, but if they were asking me to make sure these things were submitted, hopefully I can't be faulted if they dont get to it in time.
Hi New2Aussie,

From my own personal experience after I received the generic email and submitted all my documents, it took them 4 months to assign a Case Officer - although I was convinced it would be a shorter wait.

Then after that it took another 2.5months to GRANT my visa.

Every case is different, good luck I'm sure your Grant will be coming soon.

New2Aussie likes this.
__________________
**********************************************
UK: Online | No Agent | Onshore | Low Risk
06 Sep 2016 - 820 submitted
06 Sep 2017 - 820 Granted
08 Aug 2018 - 801 submitted
19 Feb 2020 - 801 Granted

Total: 41 months | 3 yrs 5 months 13 days | 1261 days

Last edited by Gabby; 09-06-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Reply With Quote
  #4725 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2017, 06:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ancona, Italy
Posts: 147
Users Flag! From australia

74 likes received
156 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdawg View Post
The request wasn't just for holidays, it was also to sort out personal belongings, property, personal matters and visiting family.
what is the big deal in travelling for extended periods when the grant is a long time away? They really make the applicants and their sponsoring partners feel like prisoners in this system, no freedom to come and and go ( until the visa is granted off course).
I can only go by what you wrote in your original post. I guess if you had concrete plans then they would have had something to go by. We booked our tickets back to Europe well and truly before we applied for the BVB. Also, I was specific about what we needed to do and the timeframes involved. So while I didn't have a heap of evidence, what little I had i made sure they received. I guess it seemed probable cause to them.

Either that or whoever handled the application was in a good mood.

Also don't assume you won't get approved earlier than the average. Quite a few people who frequent this site got theirs in less than 7 or 8 months. One of my mates got his wife's after only 6 and a half months. But you need to be in Oz for that to happen. I'm actually pissed at how our being away might actually put the breaks on their processing of our application.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Last edited by MarcellusF; 09-07-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: typos

Reply With Quote
  #4726 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 182
Users Flag! From australia

21 likes received
18 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
Hi Guys,

Just to update you all, the wait is over and my visa has been Granted.

Please see my timeline below

Nationality: UK
Applied online from Sydney, NO agent
Front loaded - uploaded all necessary documents straight away, police checks x 3 different countries, 888 forms etc.. just waited for my medical which I did in Feb 2017.

06 Sep 2016 - Application received 820/801
06 Sep 2016 - BVA granted
29 Sep 2016 - BVB granted (to allow me to travel)
21 Feb 2017 - DIAC information required to access your Partner visa application (sent by email)
24 Feb 2017 - Health assessment
27 Feb 2017 - Health Clearance provided
21 June 2017 - Case officer assigned - request for missing document
22 June 2017 - Assessment in progress
23 Aug 2017 - BVB granted (to allow me to travel)
06 Sep 2017 - GRANT NOTIFICATION!!!!!

Exactly one year to the day since I applied.

Good luck to everyone out there, I'm sure your Grants are right around the corner!
Grant for which visa 820 or 801?
Sorry, silly me. this is the thread for 820 waiting room so I guess it is the 820 temporary that has been granted.


Reply With Quote
  #4727 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
I don't see how traveling out of Oz with an 820/801 app will put the brakes on an application unless they need something more from you and cannot get in contact. Surely they'd do as they do with 300 applicants onshore that need to leave for grant and contact you saying "our movement records show you are outside of Australia. You must be onshore for finalization of your visa application." Or along those lines...


Reply With Quote
  #4728 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2017, 02:15 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 29
Users Flag! From australia

11 likes received
18 likes given
Question Sponsor Approved

We logged into our online Immi account today to check the status of our partner visa application, and noticed this:



We are guessing this is a good sign. Does anyone who has noticed this on their own application have any anecdotes / information about whether their sponsor being approved meant their 820 application was close to completion?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room!-screenshot-online.immi.gov.au-2017-09-08-12-08-47.jpg  

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #4729 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2017, 03:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ancona, Italy
Posts: 147
Users Flag! From australia

74 likes received
156 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
I don't see how traveling out of Oz with an 820/801 app will put the brakes on an application unless they need something more from you and cannot get in contact. Surely they'd do as they do with 300 applicants onshore that need to leave for grant and contact you saying "our movement records show you are outside of Australia. You must be onshore for finalization of your visa application." Or along those lines...
It's purely conjecture on my part, to be honest.

I mean, if my wife tells the department that she's probably going to be out of the country till November and they grant her a BVB for that duration, then I expect they might postpone finalising the application till she gets back. Otherwise, she'd have to travel home especially for the approval. Not that she wouldn't, but maybe the department in this case would decide its easier for everyone to wait till she is back.

The only thing they communicated to us when I informed them of our intention to be away from Australia for some time, was to make sure that my wife gets a new Italian police clearance since she'd be in the country for more than 6 weeks. A pain in the arse, but fair enough.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Reply With Quote
  #4730 (permalink)  
Old 09-08-2017, 06:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Victoria, AU
Posts: 242
Users Flag! From usa

93 likes received
1987 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalor View Post
We logged into our online Immi account today to check the status of our partner visa application, and noticed this:



We are guessing this is a good sign. Does anyone who has noticed this on their own application have any anecdotes / information about whether their sponsor being approved meant their 820 application was close to completion?

Thank you
It is usually a good sign that you visa will be APPROVED, and that a case officer is processing your application. Unfortunately as to how soon you'll receive your grant varies case by case. I know one woman who was approved a day or two after her sponsor was, and I know another who was approved nearly two months later. My case was approved about a week after my sponsor was. This was about 10 months ago too, so things may have changed as far as wait times are concerned. However, be on the look out for a grant in the near future...just don't get your hopes down if it doesn't come tomorrow or next week

logicalor likes this.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com