Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Paris H 09-12-2017 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logicalor (Post 1672650)
We jumped the gun on that and got the health check done before any request was made. Basically our application has been ready for processing since we lodged it.

Do you mean that we can do a medical test before waiting for them to ask us to do?! I assumed that we must wait for them to ask us to do the medical test, otherwise it will not be valid!:confused:

Skybluebrewer 09-12-2017 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rruummaann (Post 1672522)
Thank you for your info. However, I have recently submitted my new born baby's birth certificate and in reply I was encouraged to do my foreign police certificate and health check up. I am not sure if I should go ahead and act on it since its not a reply from actual case officer.

Besides, I am also concerned about the medicare card which I was issued since I got granted for BV of 820. and it is valid for 12 months. therefore, if they take 18-21 months to make decision then whats gonna happen to medicare after running of its date?

Here I have started processing for my country police certificate which I am not sure if that is too early to apply, Also I have done my medical check up before I launched my application for 820. I am not sure now which medical check up they are asking me to go for.

So if you have any idea on this please let me know.

Much appreciated.

It is an interim medicare card because you are on a temporary visa (or in your case a BVA). They will automatically send you a new interim card before the expiry of your current one. Once you get PR, they send you the normal medicare card.

As for the medical it's best to wait as 820s take so long to process.

Skybluebrewer 09-12-2017 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paris H (Post 1672658)
Do you mean that we can do a medical test before waiting for them to ask us to do?! I assumed that we must wait for them to ask us to do the medical test, otherwise it will not be valid!:confused:

You can do it whenever, but it's recommended to wait until requested because visa processing times are so long and medicals are only valid for 12 months.

MarcellusF 09-12-2017 04:16 AM

Since they've already waited 17 months, I'd do the medical now. It's not going to be a 27 month wait. Get it done, and once you get the confirmation of the department receiving it, send them an email telling them that everything is uploaded.

Paris H 09-12-2017 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcellusF (Post 1672706)
Since they've already waited 17 months, I'd do the medical now. It's not going to be a 27 month wait. Get it done, and once you get the confirmation of the department receiving it, send them an email telling them that everything is uploaded.


Grazie mille for your advice! :)

MarcellusF 09-15-2017 09:48 AM

Since there hasn't seemed to be much action in this thread of late, I figured I'd share a minor development.

Just did my OCD morning ritual of logging into our immiaccount, and noticed with out even looking for it that next to my name (the sponsor) the word "approved" has appeared.

I honestly don't know how long it's been there to be perfectly honest, but I'm glad I noticed.

I know it's not much, but at the very least we can call it progress.

I don't know if this just happened randomly or if it's connected in any way to the email I sent the Perth office last week informing them of our imminent re-entry from Europe next week. Who knows? Not even worth contemplating the inner workings of this particular branch of federal bureaucracy. Will send me crosseyed no doubt.

hotdawg 09-15-2017 03:47 PM

On my wife's immi account, the "View health assessment" doesn't have anything stated next to it such as "approved". This was apparently what appeared on someone elses immi account in a previous comment on this thread. When we do press on the view health assessment link however, there is a paragraph stating that "Health Clearance Provided -No further action required". What does this mean? It was was in early July and no CO assigned. Applied for 820 Dec 2016.

MarcellusF 09-15-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotdawg (Post 1675898)
On my wife's immi account, the "View health assessment" doesn't have anything stated next to it such as "approved". This was apparently what appeared on someone elses immi account in a previous comment on this thread. When we do press on the view health assessment link however, there is a paragraph stating that "Health Clearance Provided -No further action required". What does this mean? It was was in early July and no CO assigned. Applied for 820 Dec 2016.

Well I just checked my Mrs application and when you click on view health assessment, it has this written next to it: Health clearance provided no action required.

I think whoever said that it had approved written next to it might be mistaken. Dunno.

PrachiM 09-16-2017 01:27 AM

Hi All,
I have applied for partner visa onshore 820 few days back .
I might have this silly question but can someone help me.
Can i withdraw my 820 application and file Visa 189 in that case will my fee will get refunded or is this even allowed to do.

Cheers!!

ampk 09-16-2017 02:14 AM

You wont get a refund, and I don't think you need to withdraw the 820 application (at least not until you had a 189 grant).


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com