Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

logicalor 09-27-2017 07:16 AM

Great news for us -

Yesterday I sent an email to the QLD partner visa email address asking for more information about my sponsor status being changed to 'Approved' on our 820 / 801 application.

About half an hour ago my partner received an email with her 820 grant!

Boom - stress lifted.

Now we move on to the 801 queue!

veetom 09-28-2017 03:29 PM

Hello guys! I’m so glad I found this website �� Anyways, I’m 22 years old from the Philippines and my partner, Australian, is 23. We just lodged our application (Defacto onshore) this month and already have a bridging visa but will be effective on Feb 2018 since I’m still on tourist visa at the moment which will expire on Feb. We are currently living with his parents in their own house and we have been de facto for 8 months now. We already registered our relationship for us to apply for this visa. My concern is, I’m afraid we are not going to prove that we are in a defacto because we don’t have bills that are named after us because again, we’re still living with his parents and they support our needs too, e.g. paying house bills. How can we prove that we are in a defacto relationship? Thank you so much to everyone who will help us. Godbless!

Rimmel 09-28-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer (Post 1685666)
You're still within the current posted Global Processing Times so not much you can do. You can try calling or emailing if it makes you feel better but don't expect much from it.

Like after 18 months or 20 months later I can call?

Thank you :)

MarcellusF 09-28-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veetom (Post 1688274)
Hello guys! I’m so glad I found this website �� Anyways, I’m 22 years old from the Philippines and my partner, Australian, is 23. We just lodged our application (Defacto onshore) this month and already have a bridging visa but will be effective on Feb 2018 since I’m still on tourist visa at the moment which will expire on Feb. We are currently living with his parents in their own house and we have been de facto for 8 months now. We already registered our relationship for us to apply for this visa. My concern is, I’m afraid we are not going to prove that we are in a defacto because we don’t have bills that are named after us because again, we’re still living with his parents and they support our needs too, e.g. paying house bills. How can we prove that we are in a defacto relationship? Thank you so much to everyone who will help us. Godbless!

Um, why didn't you wait another 4 months before applying? You just said you've only been de facto for 8 months? Surely you know you're meant to demonstrate in obvious terms 1 whole year of being in a relationship to the exclusion of all others.?! How did you expect to do that by applying so early??

GDayAus 09-29-2017 04:54 AM

What PDF software did y'all use to compress PDFs to smaller sizes? I am creating documents in word, converting them into PDFs, and found that some of my documents exceed 5mb max. I have an Apple MacBook, but could look at anything you used that was super easy

ampk 09-29-2017 05:20 AM

I used PaperPort but not on a fruit.

Bunsen87 10-01-2017 02:17 PM

I used the website Smallpdf on my mac with no issues :)


Quote:

Originally Posted by GDayAus (Post 1688794)
What PDF software did y'all use to compress PDFs to smaller sizes? I am creating documents in word, converting them into PDFs, and found that some of my documents exceed 5mb max. I have an Apple MacBook, but could look at anything you used that was super easy


veetom 10-02-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcellusF (Post 1688434)
Um, why didn't you wait another 4 months before applying? You just said you've only been de facto for 8 months? Surely you know you're meant to demonstrate in obvious terms 1 whole year of being in a relationship to the exclusion of all others.?! How did you expect to do that by applying so early??

Hi. Excuse me. But I forgot to tell that we already Registered our Relationship here in NSW. So. Basically it's okay to apply even if we're only 8 months as defacto.

michaels249 10-03-2017 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veetom (Post 1688274)
Hello guys! I’m so glad I found this website �� Anyways, I’m 22 years old from the Philippines and my partner, Australian, is 23. We just lodged our application (Defacto onshore) this month and already have a bridging visa but will be effective on Feb 2018 since I’m still on tourist visa at the moment which will expire on Feb. We are currently living with his parents in their own house and we have been de facto for 8 months now. We already registered our relationship for us to apply for this visa. My concern is, I’m afraid we are not going to prove that we are in a defacto because we don’t have bills that are named after us because again, we’re still living with his parents and they support our needs too, e.g. paying house bills. How can we prove that we are in a defacto relationship? Thank you so much to everyone who will help us. Godbless!

You have already asked this question in a separate post in which you have received extensive feedback from the community.

MarcellusF 10-03-2017 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veetom (Post 1691778)
Hi. Excuse me. But I forgot to tell that we already Registered our Relationship here in NSW. So. Basically it's okay to apply even if we're only 8 months as defacto.

Yeah, I read about it in a separate thread. You still have the issue of proving the depth of your relationship from the period before you made your application. From what you've mentioned, you admit you made an error by applying as soon as you did. You could have waited till just before your visitor visa expired. That money would have accrued interest in that time too! AND you wouldn't have had to wait for your BVA to kick in so you could legally work.

I gotta say, I'm amazed at how some people can spend A$7K on their application with out reading all the relevant caveats and information first. The mind seriously boggles.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com