Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Littlepeanut 10-24-2017 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRose313 (Post 1710209)
Congrats! I know it stinks getting the 820 so late, as it only gives you a few months to breathe easy. Good luck with your 801 at any rate!

haha yea, thank you. it was just a bit lost when I received the grant, not what I thought I would be. haha

Littlepeanut 10-24-2017 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue. (Post 1710393)
I posted on the forum before, but couldn't get a clear advice and was wondering if anyone here would know the answer to this question. I applied for the 820/801 in December 2016 and have plans to go overseas with my partner for a couple of weeks soon. I'm currently on a student visa so no need for a bridging visa B, however I still need to notify DIBP and am not quite sure how to go about this? Is there a form to fill out or an email address ([email protected] ?) to send this information to or is it acceptable to upload the itinerary to the online application? tia :)

Hi Blue, I wasn't in the same situation as I wasn't on student visa, but I don't think there is a form to inform them this (while we should inform). I think you just give them all the accurate info you want and a good quick contact way in case they need, as I remember on the BVB form there is a question for that. Hope it helps.

Blue. 10-24-2017 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeanut (Post 1710657)
Hi Blue, I wasn't in the same situation as I wasn't on student visa, but I don't think there is a form to inform them this (while we should inform). I think you just give them all the accurate info you want and a good quick contact way in case they need, as I remember on the BVB form there is a question for that. Hope it helps.

thank you for your reply :) Would you suggest just sending an email with all the info to the processing center in the state I applied in (even though they may not be the one processing my application)?

Littlepeanut 10-24-2017 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue. (Post 1710705)
thank you for your reply :) Would you suggest just sending an email with all the info to the processing center in the state I applied in (even though they may not be the one processing my application)?

Yea I think just send to the email of your state, because you would put your visa ID on so they still can work it out if they are not processing yours, that's what I think :)

kakami 10-28-2017 05:56 AM

Visa Grant :)
 
Hi everyone!
I have received my 820 grant today!!

Its been 12month&2weeks waiting.. :)

I have been reading this thread and had my hopes up when i saw others getting theirs granted
You know.. comparing the time frames, countries, situations etc..
I am hoping i can do the same for those of you who are still patiently waiting..

Gotta tell you though.. if your relationship is genuine and have every evidence lodged.. you will get the grant!!!
all you can do is keep on waiting patiently and do what you gotta do :)

So here you go

Visa application date - 9th of October 2016
Visa grant - 28th of October 2017
Health check - may 2017

I did all my police checks, form 80, 888 when i lodged the visa.
In 2weeks from application date, everything was all uploaded apart from the health check.

I uploaded more photos from overseas trip to my family’s wedding on July this year and that was my last update.

Havent heard from the case officer at all.
All i got was the grant letter this morning.
It truely mad my day and im sure it will do for you too!!

Dont get depressed( i was... when i hit 12month, major meltdown..)
I know ppl out there waited longer than me though.
But as long as you are in genuine relationship, you will get it im sure!

Any questions, im happy to answer :)

Hope2018 10-28-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakami (Post 1714730)
Hi everyone!
I have received my 820 grant today!!

Its been 12month&2weeks waiting.. :)

I have been reading this thread and had my hopes up when i saw others getting theirs granted
You know.. comparing the time frames, countries, situations etc..
I am hoping i can do the same for those of you who are still patiently waiting..

Gotta tell you though.. if your relationship is genuine and have every evidence lodged.. you will get the grant!!!
all you can do is keep on waiting patiently and do what you gotta do :)

So here you go

Visa application date - 9th of October 2016
Visa grant - 28th of October 2017
Health check - may 2017

I did all my police checks, form 80, 888 when i lodged the visa.
In 2weeks from application date, everything was all uploaded apart from the health check.

I uploaded more photos from overseas trip to my family’s wedding on July this year and that was my last update.

Havent heard from the case officer at all.
All i got was the grant letter this morning.
It truely mad my day and im sure it will do for you too!!

Dont get depressed( i was... when i hit 12month, major meltdown..)
I know ppl out there waited longer than me though.
But as long as you are in genuine relationship, you will get it im sure!

Any questions, im happy to answer :)

Congrats on that! I hope your 801 comes through quickly and smoothly!

For us, we actually had a case officer call myself, my husband (sponsor) and my mother-in-law (she was the witness for the 820) - However, my husband and mother-in-law couldn't pick up. I managed to, and they asked very general question, such as DOB of us, address, who lives in what address (from my family and his family) and that was it really, barely lasted 10mins. And they never had reattempted to call us after that. But it was scary as they called us all exactly at the same time! And not long after that call they requested more evidence within 28 days, however, we couldn't provide it as we had to go oversea for 5 weeks afterwards! So they postponed it for us until we came back which the 28 days started from there.


Our waiting for 820 was extremely long as well, basically our timeline goes
- Applied in Sept 2015
- Nothing for 13 months, until Dec 2016 (that's the time we got called)
- Gave in extra paperwork in Feb 2017
- 820 granted March 2017!
- Now we have recently gave in our 801 and I am praying it doesn't go for 16 months :( It's been adding so much stress and also so hard to find a job and it's impacting my exams (since i'm studying at the same time) but so hard to say since I am applying from a high risk country, vietnam.

Soph022 10-31-2017 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britch (Post 1708434)
Hi, your story is almost identical to mine! Except I applied in June.It can be a very stressful waiting game, I am braced until Christmas 2018 and that is being super optimistic. I have just tried to live in the present, other wise it will end up wishing my life away. Equally, we have also got to think of Australian partners, this visa stress and our constant talking about it doesn't make life easier. I am in a 457 role, which I am lucky to like a lot, but there is a constant fear of redundancy which would leave me in a very dodgy position. As similar to you, my job is off 457 list now.

My agent told me that you can apply for bridging A if you can demonstrate you need to work, which of course you can. Bridging E is basically a prison sentence!

It sure is a stressful waiting game, I guess I have to accept that it's not going to come thorugh any time soon....My migration agent has advised me to stay put, or to find another sponsor to transfer my 457. He says the work rights application is no guarantee so I think it will be a case of 'Better the devil you know' for me. Sorry to hear there is talk of redundancy at your work, just an extra bit of stress for you! Lets hope neither of us is left waiting for 22 months! Wishing you the best for your application :)

Hello2017 11-01-2017 02:49 AM

so today I uploaded my partner's NPC and clicked the ' information provided' thinking that is for his documents only!!! both status changed to ' assessment in progress' and now im freaking out because i am still waiting for my police check from the high commission in Melbourne. what do i do now? Expecting to get the police cert by this week.

Dooda 11-04-2017 07:52 AM

820/9 months
 
Hi guys, I’m back with update of my application.

Lodged online 6th Feb, and yesterday afternoon we received an email from CO requesting for additional docs which are hubby’s AFP and my NBI (police check) from Philippines:D

We are in Perth but it is being processed in Australia Embassy Manila. We got excited and never expected to hear from them in 9 months.

Can anyone please help me with my NBI clearance, in the email it says that the NBI clearance must match the name in the passport but in Philippine Consul General website, it says that if I change my name I must provide a copy of marriage certificate. I am confused now if I have to use my maiden name or married name in my NBI clearance.. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

keitysja 11-04-2017 09:54 PM

work overseas on 820?
 
Hi I was wondering if you are allowed to go and work overseas while my pemanent 801 is getting processed?
I know i can travel but what about work? I am in tourism industry and there is shortage of work over winter
Many thanks


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com