820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 487

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3180Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 487


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #4861 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:31 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 40
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiller View Post
when you say 'front loaded the application' do you mean you had all the docs ready to go before submitting? i guess i didnt really... i had most things ready when i submitted in April, but since then ive been just adding evidence week by week
When I say "front loaded", I mean we handed in approximately a 9cm thick folder

So basically yes, I got all the documents before submitting the application. The only documents I did not provide were the health check and the AFP. I will get them either when DIBP asks for them or in april 2018.

__________________
Partner Visa OnShore

Stage 1 - Visa 820 - Granted in 15.4 months.
Submitted in Person: Late March 2017
Bridging Visa A Granted: Late March 2017
Health Examination and AFP requested: Late March 2018
Health Examination and AFP submitted: Mid April 2018
Visa Decision: Visa 820 granted in early July 2018 (+15months wait)

Stage 2 - Visa 801 - Granted in 2.75 months

Eligibility date for visa 801: Late March 2019
Visa Decision: Visa 801 granted in mid June 2019 (2.75 months wait)

Reply With Quote
  #4862 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2017, 06:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From vietnam

22 likes received
8 likes given
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiller View Post
thanks xemmafellowsx, i was thinking that too, although i felt my application was lacking/weak on a few aspects of evidence but if they wanted more info for the actual application they would prob request this now / or after the health check?
i know mark's the man to ask on this but looks like he's away til monday...

best of luck on your application anyway, hope it gets picked up soon for you!
We were the same with lacking in evidence, especially in the nature of household as I moved into to live with his sister (and she owns the place) so we don't pay rent, and also financial aspects. However, with our case, we were strong in other parts of the application.

What happened with us was,we received a call from DIBP in December 2016 (Including my husband at the same time - FYI it was no caller ID)

I managed to pick up, however my husband couldn't as he was working.
Question asked was
- How many people living in this address
- What's your spouse DOB & my DOB too
- Who are your in-laws & where they lived
However, I couldn't talk on the phone for long and actually had to cut the phone call short due to being called while at work. They did not reattempt to contact us again.

And further requested more evidence within 28 days. They actually called us a day before we were about to go on holiday to Malaysia. Luckily we are doing this application with an agent (literally saved us because we were freaking about the 28 days and was going to be gone for about 6 weeks overseas). However, our agent assured us DIBP will know if we are not in Australia and will not fail the visa because of us going overseas. They postponed it until we came back and 28 days counted from there.

- We sent in evidence such as more proofs of myself residing in that address (any letters/mails addressed to us or myself with the address on it - such as flybuy memberships, my blood donation letter, subscription magazines)
- Our photos of our Malaysia holiday, accom, airline tickets
- Household expenses: joint names when we purchased AC, couch, fridge (I heard this is a good indication of couples living in same address especially for applications that don't have rent as evidence!)

We came back in end of Jan from our holiday and sent everything in around early/mid Feb 2017 and got granted 820 in March 2017. If it wasn't for the holiday, I'm sure we wouldve got the 820 around Dec 2016. This was a 18 months wait in total! (Applied in September 2015)

Anyway good luck with your 820 and future 801! Sounds like they're looking at your applications right now. And hopefully processing time will change in the near future (when I say change, i hope they decrease it! )


Reply With Quote
  #4863 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From vietnam

1 likes received
Hi all,

I applied for my partner visa 820/801 last week, on 1/11/2017 while currently on visa 485 (Post Study Work). DIBP sent me an automatically generated email saying that a BVA will come into effect when my current visa runs out in 4/2019.

I'm aware that people who apply for visa 820/801 are entitled to enrol in Medicare. Does it mean that I can apply for Medicare right away or do I have to wait until my current visa expires in 2019?

Also, we applied online and I've read from different forums/threads saying differently about form 40SP. I've submitted our application using my personal immi account and I've attached a few documents about my partner's identity (passport/drivers license) but extremely confused about form 40SP. Does he have to fill in this form if we applied online?!

Hope to hear back from you guys soon. Any answer is greatly appreciated!

Thanks


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4864 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2017, 09:26 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 40
Users Flag! From uk

10 likes received
4 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiller View Post
when you say 'front loaded the application' do you mean you had all the docs ready to go before submitting? i guess i didnt really... i had most things ready when i submitted in April, but since then ive been just adding evidence week by week
Yes gave them a completed application with sufficient evidence to hopefully not warrant any more evidence needed.

stiller likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #4865 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2017, 12:24 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From ireland

3 likes received
2 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaileyB View Post
Hi all,

I applied for my partner visa 820/801 last week, on 1/11/2017 while currently on visa 485 (Post Study Work). DIBP sent me an automatically generated email saying that a BVA will come into effect when my current visa runs out in 4/2019.

I'm aware that people who apply for visa 820/801 are entitled to enrol in Medicare. Does it mean that I can apply for Medicare right away or do I have to wait until my current visa expires in 2019?

Also, we applied online and I've read from different forums/threads saying differently about form 40SP. I've submitted our application using my personal immi account and I've attached a few documents about my partner's identity (passport/drivers license) but extremely confused about form 40SP. Does he have to fill in this form if we applied online?!

Hope to hear back from you guys soon. Any answer is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Hi HaileyB, apologies i dont know the answer to your question but for our application my partner filled in the form 40SP by hand and then i scanned it in and uploaded to his side of the application (as the sponsor). I cant say for sure if this is the correct thing to do or not though, sorry.

Also - I was not aware that once youve applied for 820/801 you can apply for medicare, can you confirm this is definitely the case? and if so, how would i go about doing that?
thanks
A


Reply With Quote
  #4866 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2017, 03:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 362
Users Flag! From australia

92 likes received
66 likes given
I've been contacted by the 'sponsorship assessment unit' ('sau' based in WA) requesting my police check. Anyone else get get contacted by SAU and what happened following that contact?

I was travelling for work at the time and wasn't able to apply for my police check until a few days later. AFP said it takes around 15 working days to issue the check but I got notification it was done a day after I applied! Unfortunately it appears to be lost in the post because I still haven't received it...I have requested a reissue. I'm really impatient to get the process moving now that I've finally heard something.


Reply With Quote
  #4867 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2017, 03:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 362
Users Flag! From australia

92 likes received
66 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiller View Post
Hi HaileyB, apologies i dont know the answer to your question but for our application my partner filled in the form 40SP by hand and then i scanned it in and uploaded to his side of the application (as the sponsor). I cant say for sure if this is the correct thing to do or not though, sorry.

Also - I was not aware that once youve applied for 820/801 you can apply for medicare, can you confirm this is definitely the case? and if so, how would i go about doing that?
thanks
A
This is definitely the case. My husband went to the Medicare office a few days after we applied for the 820. He took in the confirmation of 820 application letter generated by the system and his current visa and bridging visa notice even though it still hasn't commenced. He had no problems enrolling. There's a particular form that you fill out - you can probably download it but I picked one up at the office a few days before my husband went in with his documents.

stiller likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #4868 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2017, 09:43 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From usa

Bridging Visa question! Hello! I have just officially lodged my 801 Partner visa and paid the $7000 and got a receipt. I have called immigration several times before and have spoken with them to confirm that once I lodged this, I would automatically get a bridging visa. My question is, I just paid 15 minutes ago and have not gotten a bridging visa, so how long should I expect to hear about this said bridging visa? My working holiday visa expires on December 2, 2017. I just want to make sure that comes through before then? Also, my boyfriend cannot access his 40sp application online even though I have lodged and paid. Has this happened to anyone? Any info would be great. Thanks guys!


Reply With Quote
  #4869 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2017, 01:03 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,116
Users Flag! From australia

3650 likes received
1150 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaken View Post
Bridging Visa question! Hello! I have just officially lodged my 801 Partner visa and paid the $7000 and got a receipt. I have called immigration several times before and have spoken with them to confirm that once I lodged this, I would automatically get a bridging visa. My question is, I just paid 15 minutes ago and have not gotten a bridging visa, so how long should I expect to hear about this said bridging visa? My working holiday visa expires on December 2, 2017. I just want to make sure that comes through before then? Also, my boyfriend cannot access his 40sp application online even though I have lodged and paid. Has this happened to anyone? Any info would be great. Thanks guys!
Just so you know it is the 820/801 that you lodged so depending on your circumstances you may not get the 801 for 3 years or more.

My husband got his bridging visa notification the next working day about 8AM in the morning.

How did you pay for the application fee?


Reply With Quote
  #4870 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 72
Users Flag! From usa

33 likes received
28 likes given
I received my bridging visa within minutes, but I did it during the day here in Australia, also with the 40sp, My partners was typed out and signed, then I just loaded on my account but under his name, as he gets 60 pieces under my account. So that's how I did mine. I am not sure thats correct either but I figured if they want it resent they will ask. And I have heard of others doing it that way. As my partner doesn't do much online, so I have uploaded it all.

__________________
Applied for 820: 20 Oct 2016
Submitted FBI Checks: 10 Mar 2017
Submitted Medicals: 20 May 2017
CO contact: none had generic email from Immi to make sure everything was submitted in July 2017
820 Visa Grant: 10 Mar 2018
Applied for 801: 12 Oct 2018 (8 days early)
801 Visa Grant: Waiting

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com