Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Soph022 12-05-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacliffs (Post 1750650)
I have to admit - reading these posts officially depressed me. We applied onshore in January 2017. We submitted two years of de facto proof including leases, shared credit cards, shared travel, everything. We uploaded 50mb worth of Facebook posts spanning 2.5 years, 50mb of photos, and a zillion emails. Our relationship stories were novellas. We loaded three 888 as well as several additional stat decs. Medical check? Check. Police clearances? Check. (Although they did just send me an email LAST week asking for those - to which I asked if the ones on the website were not enough. Apparently, they had not seen them.)

And we still don't have a case officer.

So, yeah, it's pretty depressing to read about people who applied six month later and already have their visas.

Not to be a downer - but is anyone else in the same boat as us? I could use some shared-misery.

Thanks!

Yes I am in the same boat.... applied start of May 2017, and I have not heard a thing. Provided 2 years worth of evidence, joint finances, leases, travel, statements and registered the relationship. I haven't submitted police or health checks till asked as I was told they would probably expire before my case gets picked up. We can't move on with our lives until this visa comes through, and it is putting a strain on us. I am stuck in a job I despise on a 457, because if I leave I will be on a BVE with no work rights (we have no savings) I know I am lucky to have an income but my job is having a really negative impact on my mental health like never before. It makes me both happy and sad to hear that some people have had their visa granted within the time I have been waiting for mine.... I have sent a desperate email to immigration but I did not receive a reply. What I find frustrating is they say the delays are due to increased applications and staff shortages.... surely with all the money they quite happily take for the process - they could afford to hire more staff to get through the backlog? So disheartended by it all I often think of just going back to the UK. To add insult to injury we went down the partner route after the 457 changes meant I was no longer eligible for PR through my job, but they have recently gone back on that and apparenlty now I would be - but we have already spent $10k on the partner visa, with no chance of a refund so I have to follow this through. I'm seriously losing hair through the stress of it all :(

BAQ 12-05-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soph022 (Post 1751154)
Yes I am in the same boat.... applied start of May 2017, and I have not heard a thing. Provided 2 years worth of evidence, joint finances, leases, travel, statements and registered the relationship. I haven't submitted police or health checks till asked as I was told they would probably expire before my case gets picked up. We can't move on with our lives until this visa comes through, and it is putting a strain on us. I am stuck in a job I despise on a 457, because if I leave I will be on a BVE with no work rights (we have no savings) I know I am lucky to have an income but my job is having a really negative impact on my mental health like never before. It makes me both happy and sad to hear that some people have had their visa granted within the time I have been waiting for mine.... I have sent a desperate email to immigration but I did not receive a reply. What I find frustrating is they say the delays are due to increased applications and staff shortages.... surely with all the money they quite happily take for the process - they could afford to hire more staff to get through the backlog? So disheartended by it all I often think of just going back to the UK. To add insult to injury we went down the partner route after the 457 changes meant I was no longer eligible for PR through my job, but they have recently gone back on that and apparenlty now I would be - but we have already spent $10k on the partner visa, with no chance of a refund so I have to follow this through. I'm seriously losing hair through the stress of it all :(

I know exactly how you feel. Immigration does not care about an personal circumstances, all they want is relationships to breakup so they have less applications, this process its all designed so the relationship breaks down. It is the most disgraceful country in terms of partner applications. Immigration will not reply to you. I know a close friend, his father passed away, he was on a bridging visa E and there was no compassion what so ever, He sent the death certificate of his father and immigration replied with: the demand for our partner visas is high. nothing else nothing more. I would suggest to complain and complain.

BAQ 12-05-2017 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacliffs (Post 1750650)
I have to admit - reading these posts officially depressed me. We applied onshore in January 2017. We submitted two years of de facto proof including leases, shared credit cards, shared travel, everything. We uploaded 50mb worth of Facebook posts spanning 2.5 years, 50mb of photos, and a zillion emails. Our relationship stories were novellas. We loaded three 888 as well as several additional stat decs. Medical check? Check. Police clearances? Check. (Although they did just send me an email LAST week asking for those - to which I asked if the ones on the website were not enough. Apparently, they had not seen them.)

And we still don't have a case officer.

So, yeah, it's pretty depressing to read about people who applied six month later and already have their visas.

Not to be a downer - but is anyone else in the same boat as us? I could use some shared-misery.

Thanks!

Hey, Sorry to hear you are down. but all I can tell you is that this partner visa process is a disgrace and the department should pay for all this drama!!! . They actually requested me to send the police checks because my application was incomplete and guess what, they were uploaded in my page and my partners in the immi account, so they had it twice and they could not see it!!!! They are useless public servants, they do not care about your relationship or life, they laugh at us all the time, yet we still pay 10K for a visa!!!

Ourlife 12-06-2017 12:30 AM

Does anyone know the best number to contact immi on. I know it's probably fruitless but I feel I have to try. Simply waiting for 820 to be approved is frustrating and you feel like you're in limbo. Waiting whilst not being allowed to work, waiting to hear from IMMI regarding work rights on a BVE, when my partner was on a 457 and the employer didn't pay him, the stress of it all is ridiculous and unfair on genuine couple who just happened to meet a spouse who was born overseas.

It is even more stressful when you do every single thing by the book and the visas still aren't allocated by order. Ours is completely decision ready. Has been since application. And yet, other people are asked for medicals and police certs who applied months after? How does this even happen??

I'm tired of explaining to my kids why we just simply can't do things. Some simple things like putting actual food on the table. Doing an entire grocery shop. Sending my step daughter $40 to buy herself a pair of jeans when we've not been able to pay her child support at all. It is heartless.

Morris90 12-06-2017 12:48 AM

Hi all,

I applied for my temp visa in Feb 2017 and still haven't heard a thing! I'm wondering whether it's worth doing my police checks/medical?!

I know they say wait until asked to provide these things but maybe if it's decision ready it would help?! I'm starting to see people that have applied later and had theirs granted and it's so frustrating!

Is anyone in a similar position? :confused:

Thank you

BAQ 12-06-2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ourlife (Post 1751258)
Does anyone know the best number to contact immi on. I know it's probably fruitless but I feel I have to try. Simply waiting for 820 to be approved is frustrating and you feel like you're in limbo. Waiting whilst not being allowed to work, waiting to hear from IMMI regarding work rights on a BVE, when my partner was on a 457 and the employer didn't pay him, the stress of it all is ridiculous and unfair on genuine couple who just happened to meet a spouse who was born overseas.

It is even more stressful when you do every single thing by the book and the visas still aren't allocated by order. Ours is completely decision ready. Has been since application. And yet, other people are asked for medicals and police certs who applied months after? How does this even happen??

I'm tired of explaining to my kids why we just simply can't do things. Some simple things like putting actual food on the table. Doing an entire grocery shop. Sending my step daughter $40 to buy herself a pair of jeans when we've not been able to pay her child support at all. It is heartless.

Hi, I feel so sorry to read all these stories. Immigration here is the most disgraceful department ever. They do not care about anything, it is quite sad and frustrating.

their number is: Call us on 133177, it is very frustrating calling this number, you might be 94 in the queue only to get a terrible service.

The partner visa processing email is "Partner Temporary NSW" <[email protected]>
and change the state accordingly. You should complain and explain your issues, it is not nice to read your story. All the best!

Madokaba 12-06-2017 02:48 AM

I know everyone’s feeling i had to wait 21 months for my 820 to be granted , this government they don’t care about families like they cracking down on all family visas like is it fair for us to pay 7000$ for visa fees and wait more than 3 years to be granted a PR while other visas just because they classified as skills visas pay less than half of what we pay and get their PR in 6-9 months max that doesn’t mean that people that apply for partner visas don’t have skills or they gonna end up on social security payments after grant of PR myself i know more than 3 people that migrated to australia on Skills visa and end up not working or bothering to find a job and claiming social security benefits in my point of view if dibp wants a real solution for this backlog of partner visas in pipeline and that very long processing time they can find a solution tomorrow but its like they want it to be like that to tell people in other words don’t apply for this visa we don’t want you specially with the current dibp team and minister i think this stressful process is gonna get more stressful and the processing time will increase more and more

cycy 12-06-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacliffs (Post 1750650)
I have to admit - reading these posts officially depressed me. We applied onshore in January 2017. We submitted two years of de facto proof including leases, shared credit cards, shared travel, everything. We uploaded 50mb worth of Facebook posts spanning 2.5 years, 50mb of photos, and a zillion emails. Our relationship stories were novellas. We loaded three 888 as well as several additional stat decs. Medical check? Check. Police clearances? Check. (Although they did just send me an email LAST week asking for those - to which I asked if the ones on the website were not enough. Apparently, they had not seen them.)

And we still don't have a case officer.

So, yeah, it's pretty depressing to read about people who applied six month later and already have their visas.

Not to be a downer - but is anyone else in the same boat as us? I could use some shared-misery.

Thanks!

Hey,
We applied last year August (2016) , so on a 16 months wait now.
It’s so stressful I am back on antidepressants.
Yes, it does stress your relationship. We can not afford to move out of my in laws house , so we are just keeping fingers crossed . We uploaded everything except the medical for now.
Hope this makes your feel better

gavn 12-06-2017 09:39 AM

The DIBP here is a joke. Isn't there something like 70,000 applications in the pipeline? 70,000 people each paying $7,000 is just under half a billion dollars! From just ONE visa subclass! Never mind how much they get from all the employer sponsors visas etc. Half a billion dollars and it can't even buy us a waiting time under two years. This is meant to be a government department, not a business. Where is all this money going? It's obviously not going to improving the department...

seacliffs 12-06-2017 10:53 AM

Thanks, everyone. And I'm really sorry that so many of us are in the same boat!

And I COMPLETELY hear you about the emotional and financial strain this puts on your relationship. (I actually wrote about that in my relationship statement - we are a genuine couple and you can tell that because we've managed to survive you, Immi hoops.)

On a cheerful note - here is an incredibly stupid joke to try to bring a smile to your faces:

My wife screamed in pain during labor so I asked, “What’s wrong?”
.
She screamed. “These contractions are going to kill me!!”

“I am sorry, honey,” I replied. “What is wrong?”


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com