820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 503

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3213Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 503


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #5021 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2018, 12:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Victoria, AU
Posts: 242
Users Flag! From usa

93 likes received
1987 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirand View Post
Does the main application ‘s status change as well during process such as “in process “ or it stays the same until finished everything? So confusing..
Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. Mine changed from submitted to received shortly after I applied, and stayed that way until I was requested more information. Then the status changed to "assessment in progress" after I uploaded the requested information. However, this may not happen for you. Most of the time it will say "received" until your application process is finished.

With the 801 it's even more confusing as most applications say "assessment in progress" the entire time!


Reply With Quote
  #5022 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2018, 01:27 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 16
Users Flag! From australia

7 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRose313 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirand View Post
Does the main application ‘s status change as well during process such as “in process “ or it stays the same until finished everything? So confusing..
Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn't. Mine changed from submitted to received shortly after I applied, and stayed that way until I was requested more information. Then the status changed to "assessment in progress" after I uploaded the requested information. However, this may not happen for you. Most of the time it will say "received" until your application process is finished.

With the 801 it's even more confusing as most applications say "assessment in progress" the entire time!
Thank you. I was thinking to give them a call to ask what is going on. My police check is gonna expire from abroad.. wasn’t sure if they gonna ask me to redo it since I haven’t left Australia at all after application was submitted. I am more stressed about that as it is very hard to obtain it from Australia. From uk was easy but dunno if they need it anymore. It doesn’t make sense to me to ask for it again .. they are not that stupid I haven’t lived anywhere else from the date of application ?


Reply With Quote
  #5023 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2018, 05:05 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 17
Users Flag! From malaysia

6 likes received
[QUOTE=HRose313;1784906]Yes, once you click into the application page there should be a bar on on left-hand side where you can attach documents. There will be a section with your name, birthdate and application status; under that there will be your partner's name and the sponsor application status. Most sponsor app's are listed as "submitted" until they are finished processing.


Thanks HRose313 for the reply.
The status is shown as Received on the top bar of the left side for the application.
However there's isn't anything shown for the sponsor application beside partner's name.
Now I'm worry, not sure if I have done everything correctly.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5024 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2018, 05:07 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 17
Users Flag! From malaysia

6 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRose313 View Post
Yes, once you click into the application page there should be a bar on on left-hand side where you can attach documents. There will be a section with your name, birthdate and application status; under that there will be your partner's name and the sponsor application status. Most sponsor app's are listed as "submitted" until they are finished processing.



If you still have room under your sponsor application to upload more documents (the limit is 30), you can continue to upload there. As Mirand has suggested you can combine similar documents into a PDF to save space.

Thanks HRose313 for the reply.
The status is shown as Received on the top bar of the left side for the application.
However there's isn't anything shown for the sponsor application beside partner's name.
Now I'm worry, not sure if I have done everything correctly.

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5025 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2018, 01:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Victoria, AU
Posts: 242
Users Flag! From usa

93 likes received
1987 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrangea View Post
Thanks HRose313 for the reply.
The status is shown as Received on the top bar of the left side for the application.
However there's isn't anything shown for the sponsor application beside partner's name.
Now I'm worry, not sure if I have done everything correctly.
Your partner's application and status should also be listed in your "applications summary" page (the first page that shows up after you log in).
It should say (Partner's Name) and under that "Family -Sponsorship", and UNDER that it should say the status in bold.

Example

John Smith (01/01/1987)
Family - Sponsorship
Submitted

If your partner's name and a section to attach documents is listed in the assessments page, then most likely you did everything correctly. I think the layout has changed since I applied for the 820, and the status may no longer be listed under your partner's name in that section anymore. However, it should be listed in the summary page.


Reply With Quote
  #5026 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2018, 08:11 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3
Users Flag! From france

2 likes received
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and not sure if posting in this thread is right!

A little bit about myself and my current situation...
I am ready to apply for the 820 application I have filled 47SP online and just waiting to go through the payment.

My partner and I have been together for nearly 3 years and a half, he's Aussie born but lived all his life in Ireland and we met while travelling through Australia in a hostel. We lived together pretty much straight away (we have 3 different leases and joint bank account since 2015)

I am just getting worried about the other proofs, we did travel together in the start of our relationships and I have photos but no plane tickets or else. Also we did visit each other's family and home in Ireland and France but as we are not photo people ( which is pretty dumb knowing we were going to apply for this visa) we didn't take any photos with each other's family or friends or only a little bit...
So I''m wondering if plane ticket to and from Ireland and France will be enough ...?

Other question, what exactly is the statutory declaration? Is this when we have to explain how we met, our relationships evolivng etc..?

And finally, I am still waiting on my birth certificate from France but I need to start the application before and I was wondering if it was okay to just add it after?

Sorry for the long post, I appreciate any reply
This visa process had me really stressed out and worried even though I think it should be fine and we'll have enough proof of our relationship!

Thanks for the help

Anne

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5027 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2018, 09:18 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From bangladesh

1 likes received
1 likes given
Hi,

Thank you for reply. unfortunately there is no way I can upload any file under my sponsor's name in Immi account. when they replied me back with inquiring further documents I can see next to her name it says " Approved". therefore, there is no way I can upload anything in there. As I have mentioned I have already exceeded my 60 files limits long time ago.

So at this stage I am not sure if i have to upload all those docs in my email and send it through or some other ways I can send it.

Please advise if there is any idea I can follow or anyone who got the similar experience.

Thank you


Reply With Quote
  #5028 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2018, 11:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Victoria, AU
Posts: 242
Users Flag! From usa

93 likes received
1987 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annelaure View Post
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and not sure if posting in this thread is right!

A little bit about myself and my current situation...
I am ready to apply for the 820 application I have filled 47SP online and just waiting to go through the payment.

My partner and I have been together for nearly 3 years and a half, he's Aussie born but lived all his life in Ireland and we met while travelling through Australia in a hostel. We lived together pretty much straight away (we have 3 different leases and joint bank account since 2015)

I am just getting worried about the other proofs, we did travel together in the start of our relationships and I have photos but no plane tickets or else. Also we did visit each other's family and home in Ireland and France but as we are not photo people ( which is pretty dumb knowing we were going to apply for this visa) we didn't take any photos with each other's family or friends or only a little bit...
So I''m wondering if plane ticket to and from Ireland and France will be enough ...?

Other question, what exactly is the statutory declaration? Is this when we have to explain how we met, our relationships evolivng etc..?

And finally, I am still waiting on my birth certificate from France but I need to start the application before and I was wondering if it was okay to just add it after?

Sorry for the long post, I appreciate any reply
This visa process had me really stressed out and worried even though I think it should be fine and we'll have enough proof of our relationship!

Thanks for the help

Anne
Yes, you can upload evidence after submitting the application, but it is advised you do it as soon as possible. For your birth certificate I would suggest uploading your receipt (if you have one) or an e-mail detailing the order of the certificate, and upload it as "proof of intention to obtain (the certificate)".

You are right about your explanation of a Statuary Declaration, you can download a Stat Dec PDF that you and your partner can each fill out (just google "stat dec Australia". You will also need at least two Australian born witnesses to the relationship (relatives, friends, co-workers etc.) fill out 888 forms which can be found on the DIBP website or by a google search. These are like the stat decs you and your partner will fill out, but have a specific layout which pertains to your application.

As for additional ideas for evidence joint utility bills, purchases, membership cards (to cinemas, restaurants, sports club, gym etc.) are good ideas. If you guys use social media you can take screen shots of your friends list on facebook to show friends in common, joint check ins, or messages sent to each other or to your respective family members about each other. If your partner has a superannuation you can have them fill out a binding beneficiary form, or simply add you as a non-binding beneficiary online for the moment. If you guys like to travel around your state by train, consider getting linked transport cards; you can also download copies of your transport tap ons/offs.

Hope this helps!


Reply With Quote
  #5029 (permalink)  
Old 01-22-2018, 05:08 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 6
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
3 likes given
Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I trawled through these pages hoping for a miracle lol.

I know this has likely been asked before, many times, but I thought the applications were processed in order of application date. I understand that having an incomplete application, or waiting for more info would shift the order of grants around a little but our application was completely decision ready with copious amount of information in every single requirement. Medicals, police checks, all the forms, all the stat decs allll theeee thiiiiiings.

And still nothing.

I try and not let it get to me, but my partner is on a BVE and can't travel. He has a daughter overseas he can't visit and desperately wants to, he has 2 very ill close family members and not being able to simply get on a plane and see our loved ones, and importantly, not having a date in which he knows he'll be able to finally do this is heartbreaking.

Surely it can't be this hard for someone to actually PICK UP a complete file, look through it and recognise a genuine relationship where the applicants, like most people on this forum, have gone to great lengths, time and expense to prove.

We imagine the day that this stress will be lifted and I find myself getting caught up wondering how long it can and will actually take.

Just a vent. Sigh.


Reply With Quote
  #5030 (permalink)  
Old 01-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 17
Users Flag! From malaysia

6 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRose313 View Post
Your partner's application and status should also be listed in your "applications summary" page (the first page that shows up after you log in).
It should say (Partner's Name) and under that "Family -Sponsorship", and UNDER that it should say the status in bold.

Example

John Smith (01/01/1987)
Family - Sponsorship
Submitted

If your partner's name and a section to attach documents is listed in the assessments page, then most likely you did everything correctly. I think the layout has changed since I applied for the 820, and the status may no longer be listed under your partner's name in that section anymore. However, it should be listed in the summary page.



This is how it looks for me.
I have submitted for 11 months now and it's still shown as received and there isn't any status written beside the sponsor's name.

Can anyone pls tell me what can I do?
Thanks


Last edited by Hydrangea; 01-22-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 03:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 09:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 03:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 03:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 04:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com