Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

xemmafellowsx 02-08-2018 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rezzie (Post 1803466)
Hi all! I'm happy to say we received a request for my partner's APF check and Medicals, which he will do next week.
Are there further steps after this before a possible grant notification? For those who've had an 820 grant, how long between uploading these and the visa being granted!

Thanks!

Hey - check out my timeline below. I applied Dec 16, they requested my partners AFP in Jan 17, but didn't get any other contact until Feb 18

HRose313 02-08-2018 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englandslane (Post 1804346)
Long time reader, first time poster :)
My partner who is from the UK applied for the 820 onshore Sep 16th 2017.
We have not heard anything back yet which seems to be fairly normal, based on this thread.

However I requested on the website for them to tell me where I was in the queue. Whilst they didn’t acknowledge this, they did tell me that our visa was in Jakarta for processing. I took this as good news as know a lot of the UK visas seem to have relatively quick turnarounds out of Jakarta. We have already frontloaded everything (incl police checks) except for the health check, we are tempted to lock this in though as have been reading a lot about Jakarta processed visas coming through within 6-11 months.
I would love to hear about the level of contact people have had with the Jakarta office and how long their visas took to be processed there.

Also my partners visa has said status ‘received’ ever since we lodged it. Where my sponsor application shows ‘submitted’ – is this normal?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed any light.

Hi englandslane, while I don't have any experience with the Jakarta office, I can tell you that your application statuses are 100% normal. Most sponsor applications say "submitted" until they're processed. However, for many members the statuses don't change at all. I personally, wouldn't pay too much attention to them unless they say something like "information requested" :)

Most people also don't hear from C.O's until additional info is requested or until their application is finalized.

Good luck!

Rimmel 02-08-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rimmel (Post 1803258)
Hello HRose313,

So I have applied Visa 820/801 on 12th of March 2016. So when I can apply for my PR? Do I need lodge another application or just update all documents via my online account?

I am really confused and need help! :( I had been nearly 2 years!

Thanks your your help.

No I have nothing! No TR! No contact from CO! :( Immi account has not change anything.

Rimmel 02-08-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRose313 (Post 1803722)
Hi Rimmel, re-reading you post I noticed it doesn't say if you've received your 820 yet.

If you HAVE received the 820, you have to create a separate application for the 801. All evidence pertaining to the 801 visa should be uploaded there.

If you haven't received the 820, then uploading new information wil definitely help you, but you may be required to supply additional evidence once your 820 is processed.

In addition to the info Sheldonpk suggested, you will also need two new AFP checks (one for you and one for your partner). Good luck!

Should I call Immigration? I have heard nothing since March 2016. I have no TR!

HRose313 02-09-2018 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rimmel (Post 1805658)
Should I call Immigration? I have heard nothing since March 2016. I have no TR!

Yes, I would definitely call and put in a formal complaint. You can also e-mail, but they're not as responsive compared to calling.

Because it's been nearly 2 years, immigration may process both your 820 and 801 visas at the same time, which is a plus side to waiting this long.

In the meantime I would call your local immigration office and explain your situation (ie how long you've been waiting).

Rimmel 02-09-2018 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRose313 (Post 1805674)
Yes, I would definitely call and put in a formal complaint. You can also e-mail, but they're not as responsive compared to calling.

Because it's been nearly 2 years, immigration may process both your 820 and 801 visas at the same time, which is a plus side to waiting this long.

In the meantime I would call your local immigration office and explain your situation (ie how long you've been waiting).

Thank you very much! Where can I put a formal complaint?
Also I am calling 131 881 but I am on the wait, currently rank at 77! :(

ninja 02-09-2018 01:02 AM

Current waiting times are quoted as 20-25 months, therefore you are still within this time and I think they are unlikely to do anything about a complaint at this stage.

Rimmel 02-09-2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja (Post 1805762)
Current waiting times are quoted as 20-25 months, therefore you are still within this time and I think they are unlikely to do anything about a complaint at this stage.

But it is always changing. I think I will never reach the threshold waiting time. :(
"Applicants who are granted the temporary visa will be eligible for consideration for permanent residence 2 years from the date this application was submitted."

I guess I will never have my pr. :(

Hydrangea 02-09-2018 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by englandslane (Post 1804346)
Long time reader, first time poster :)
My partner who is from the UK applied for the 820 onshore Sep 16th 2017.
We have not heard anything back yet which seems to be fairly normal, based on this thread.

However I requested on the website for them to tell me where I was in the queue. Whilst they didn’t acknowledge this, they did tell me that our visa was in Jakarta for processing. I took this as good news as know a lot of the UK visas seem to have relatively quick turnarounds out of Jakarta. We have already frontloaded everything (incl police checks) except for the health check, we are tempted to lock this in though as have been reading a lot about Jakarta processed visas coming through within 6-11 months.
I would love to hear about the level of contact people have had with the Jakarta office and how long their visas took to be processed there.

Also my partners visa has said status ‘received’ ever since we lodged it. Where my sponsor application shows ‘submitted’ – is this normal?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed any light.

Hi englandslane,

Can I know how do you request on the website for them to tell you about the queue?
Thanks.

vanilla.potato 02-09-2018 10:51 AM

So I would like to share this news to all of you !

I got granted 820 today at 2:57pm ! Thank you all for all the support and help ! For those who are still waiting -- GOOD LUCK ! ( i cant believe I get to say this one day as I have been waiting for so long, 21 months)

Application lodged : 4/2016
820 Granted : 2/2018
From Victoria
No request for any kind of paper !( my police check and medical test are both expired)

My husband did put in a complaint through Immi website 2 days before the grant notification came into my email ! I dont know if its just a coincidence or it actually helps the process !!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com