Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

carllai84 02-21-2018 01:52 PM

Application submitted Jan 17
Sponsor police check Dec 17

Today I have received respond from WA processing centre and request

1. AFP - I have uploaded Nov 17
2. Form 80 - I shall fill and upload in next few days
3. HK police check - they didn't provide me Letter of Referral how can I get the police check
4. Evidence of length of de facto relationship - which I have already uploaded certificate of marriage
5. Evidence of your relationship with de facto partner - which I have provided form 888, photos, joint bank statement, letters which can clearly shown we are living together and is truthful.

Is it normal? Seem they didn't read the application and just bulk sent the request list. What should I do now? How I get the Hong Kong police check? Shall I fill the form 80 and click "information provided"?

I am confused

JandE 02-21-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carllai84 (Post 1817338)
3. HK police check - they didn't provide me Letter of Referral how can I get the police check
How I get the Hong Kong police check?

You need to send a copy of the letter or email request from Immigration, as required at: https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_...e.html#oversea
A photocopy of a letter from the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority, which contains his or her name and clearly indicates that the production of the Certificate is required;
There is an email link, and phone numbers, at that page, where you can clarify if needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carllai84 (Post 1817338)
4. Evidence of length of de facto relationship - which I have already uploaded certificate of marriage

The marriage certificate alone does not show evidence of length of de facto relationship.
Your other evidence per Q:5, might do though, assuming it covers the relevant dates to cover the period required.

carllai84 02-21-2018 08:38 PM

I know Hong Kong police check need letter of referral but the letter from immigration didn't attach the letter of referral for me to apply for Hong Kong police check.

And I have attached lot of documents to show the length of the relationship and the certificate of marriage form part of the evidence to confirm the relationship is genuine and continuous.

My main question is whether the officer has gone thru the documents before they sent the request letter? Since I have already front loaded most of the documents. Is that mean they think is insufficient or they just didn't read the attachment?

Kitten 02-22-2018 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rimmel (Post 1808986)
Thank you! :) I hope I will hear from my CO sometime soon!

Compliments, complaints and suggestions[/url]

This is the link I have used :) Good luck!

I am tempted to use this link to complain. However, there is a question about requesting status update of a visa application and when you tick yes, it doesn't allow you to proceed to lodge a question. Just wondering if you ticked no and proceeded to complain!

I really want to complain as I have received nothing since the autogenerated emails that are sent the moment after paying for the visa application. My application is totally front loaded and police clearances for my spouse and myself from a foreign country will be older than 12 months in about a week. I guess I am just venting as every day on the news there is new anti-migration news and I am so worried that this may mean even longer waits or perhaps new legislation that will operate retrospectively. (They did this to the 457 applicants who already had applications lodged.)

I know I have only been waiting 9 months but it is still super frustrating and stressful. Has anyone else used this complaints link and what happened?

aussiesteve 02-22-2018 05:50 AM

Of course you can complain, but don't be surprised to receive another auto generated, email stating you are still within the standard processing time frame, currently 20 to 24 months ( https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about...ocessing-times )
Have you been requested to undertake a medical yet? What is the status of your application online?

Rimmel 02-22-2018 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitten (Post 1818074)
I am tempted to use this link to complain. However, there is a question about requesting status update of a visa application and when you tick yes, it doesn't allow you to proceed to lodge a question. Just wondering if you ticked no and proceeded to complain!

I really want to complain as I have received nothing since the autogenerated emails that are sent the moment after paying for the visa application. My application is totally front loaded and police clearances for my spouse and myself from a foreign country will be older than 12 months in about a week. I guess I am just venting as every day on the news there is new anti-migration news and I am so worried that this may mean even longer waits or perhaps new legislation that will operate retrospectively. (They did this to the 457 applicants who already had applications lodged.)

I know I have only been waiting 9 months but it is still super frustrating and stressful. Has anyone else used this complaints link and what happened?


No I didn't complain. I remember that I have asked for an explanation and I have explained my application in the comment box. Within 2-3 days, they emailed me back. :)

JandE 02-22-2018 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carllai84 (Post 1817594)
I know Hong Kong police check need letter of referral but the letter from immigration didn't attach the letter of referral for me to apply for Hong Kong police check.

I thought you said that the WA processing centre requested the HK police check.

If they did, then I would send a copy of that request, or write back and say you need a different type of request from them.

carllai84 02-22-2018 09:01 AM

But any reason they ask for evidence to proof the relationship? I have front loaded all documents. Are they feel not sufficient?

One more funny thing is I have uploaded the AFP check but they ask again on the request list. Should I do it again?

So confuse

Qween 02-22-2018 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carllai84 (Post 1818562)
But any reason they ask for evidence to proof the relationship? I have front loaded all documents. Are they feel not sufficient?

One more funny thing is I have uploaded the AFP check but they ask again on the request list. Should I do it again?

So confuse

Hi Carllai84. I will just give you my contribution to this. When I got a request for more information last month (January 2018) i was surprised that the CO needed more evidence for my case. I used a lawyer to apply in 2016 and they said I had provided sufficient evidence at that time. The request for information looked a copy paste of the initial evidence for the application.- nature of relationship, financial aspect, social aspect..etc. NOTE that I had submitted all these in 2016. So this time i provided an updated and active joint bank statement, my car rego and insurance showing my current address, more recent photos, previous wedding invitations, updated whatsapp communication, I did an Australian stat Dec, partner and his mum did an Australian format stat dec, i wrote a personal statement, i submitted 2 form 888 from different people who didn't submit in the first go, our updated timeshare paid off, future travel plans..etc We gave them more information to prove that our relationship is still genuine and on going. So I would suggest you dig up all the strong evidence you have since you applied and submit to them. It has been 3 weeks since i submitted the evidence and i have now been asked to go for my medical assessment.
So just give them what they want and good luck!

A&M 02-22-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carllai84 (Post 1817594)
I know Hong Kong police check need letter of referral but the letter from immigration didn't attach the letter of referral for me to apply for Hong Kong police check.

And I have attached lot of documents to show the length of the relationship and the certificate of marriage form part of the evidence to confirm the relationship is genuine and continuous.

My main question is whether the officer has gone thru the documents before they sent the request letter? Since I have already front loaded most of the documents. Is that mean they think is insufficient or they just didn't read the attachment?

From my recent experience, all you need to apply for a Hong Kong Police Check is the 'Request for information' letter which is what you have received from DIBP .


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com