820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 518

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 518


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #5171 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2018, 11:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter View Post
Thanks Rose,

I am also thinking let my wife just get medical done before we leave the country.

how can i fill out that HAP ID? Can i do it anytime? or We have to contact CO first?
Read here for instructions: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...th-examination

It explains how paper applications can do it.

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5172 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2018, 01:12 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 31
Users Flag! From china

9 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Read here for instructions: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...th-examination

It explains how paper applications can do it.
Yeah, just read it. says:

Please wait until your visa officer contacts you, do not use the My Health Declarations service if you have already lodged a visa application. It will delay processing of your visa application.
Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible.

so we got no options, just wait then.

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5173 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2018, 02:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter View Post
Yeah, just read it. says:

Please wait until your visa officer contacts you, do not use the My Health Declarations service if you have already lodged a visa application. It will delay processing of your visa application.
Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible.

so we got no options, just wait then.
Irrelevant post deleted.

HRose313 likes this.

Last edited by Skybluebrewer; 03-18-2018 at 02:37 AM.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5174 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2018, 02:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
lodge a paper visa application, you need to access the login screen at eMedical Client Login.

Enter your family name, HAP ID and date of birth. Enter the CAPTCHA characters that you see or hear and click 'logon'."

The CO can give you the HAPID but there is probably another way to get it as others in the past had done it. Just search the forum.


Last edited by Skybluebrewer; 03-18-2018 at 02:33 AM.

Reply With Quote
  #5175 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2018, 02:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
A quick google can't find out how to do it... maybe you can't but I thought I remembered reading people who had done it.

Either way, doesn't really matter if you just wait for a CO. You don't have to get to done in 28 days, just respond in 28 days. So if you're overseas when you get the request and can't do it where you are, make an appt in Australia for when you're back and upload an explanation.

The 28 day thing is because they can't sit around waiting for people not to respond. If you are making an effort to complete the requested items, then you're fine. If you can't supply them in the timeframe, you supply proof that you have an appt even if that appt is after the 28 days.

FBI checks at one point were taking up to 4 months, and immigration recommends to wait until they request for police checks. It would be a bit unfair if they gave 28 days to supply knowing that and denied a visa. As long as you respond saying "Hey I applied for it. Wait times are 4 months. I'll upload when I get it." This is just an example.

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5176 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2018, 03:15 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 31
Users Flag! From china

9 likes received
3 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
A quick google can't find out how to do it... maybe you can't but I thought I remembered reading people who had done it.

Either way, doesn't really matter if you just wait for a CO. You don't have to get to done in 28 days, just respond in 28 days. So if you're overseas when you get the request and can't do it where you are, make an appt in Australia for when you're back and upload an explanation.

The 28 day thing is because they can't sit around waiting for people not to respond. If you are making an effort to complete the requested items, then you're fine. If you can't supply them in the timeframe, you supply proof that you have an appt even if that appt is after the 28 days.

FBI checks at one point were taking up to 4 months, and immigration recommends to wait until they request for police checks. It would be a bit unfair if they gave 28 days to supply knowing that and denied a visa. As long as you respond saying "Hey I applied for it. Wait times are 4 months. I'll upload when I get it." This is just an example.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I am much less stress now.

Thanks

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5177 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2018, 09:22 AM
jtb jtb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
There has been someone else who got an initial request for more information and it didn't ask for the sponsor police checks. After supplying the initial information requested, the police checks for the sponsor were then requested. Can't remember who it was but you can probably do a search and find the thread.
Thanks. I should have it ready to go within a day or two, so hopefully before they get back to the application.


Reply With Quote
  #5178 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2018, 12:09 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 7
Users Flag! From uk

Hey,

I'm looking to lodge my 820 partner visa soon - cannot believe the current processing times!.

Quick background, i'm originally from the UK, currently on a 457 visa and applying for the 820 on my partner's visa (also originally from the UK) he has held PR for around a year now and is just applying for Citizenship this month.

A quick question, and i'm really sorry if it's been answered before there's so many responses on this thread it's hard to go through it all, what was the waiting time for the CO to request you apply for your Health Checks and Police Records?

I've been advised this usually happens around 2 months after application, but i find this optimistic after reading a few of the posts on here and given the current processing time of 20+ months.

Thank you


Reply With Quote
  #5179 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2018, 12:50 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Users Flag! From uk

1 likes received
I am new to this forum and wondering whether anyone else has the same situation as myself.

I applied onshore for my 820 visa on the 12th September 2017, I’m from the UK with my partner being an Australian citizen.
We received notification from the Jakarta office that police checks for both countries and medical was required. I submitted all this information on the 26th Feb and was wondering if anyone has had their visa granted from this office, and what waiting time they had?

HRose313 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5180 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2018, 01:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose View Post
Hey,

I'm looking to lodge my 820 partner visa soon - cannot believe the current processing times!.

Quick background, i'm originally from the UK, currently on a 457 visa and applying for the 820 on my partner's visa (also originally from the UK) he has held PR for around a year now and is just applying for Citizenship this month.

A quick question, and i'm really sorry if it's been answered before there's so many responses on this thread it's hard to go through it all, what was the waiting time for the CO to request you apply for your Health Checks and Police Records?

I've been advised this usually happens around 2 months after application, but i find this optimistic after reading a few of the posts on here and given the current processing time of 20+ months.

Thank you
There is no specific time frame for those items to be requested. It happens when they look at your app and want those things from you. That can be in one day or one year or even more.

HRose313 likes this.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:54 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com