Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Svzg 05-18-2018 05:08 AM

8 Months and GRANTED

I just wanted to update people to help with their expectations etc...
I applied back in September 2017 and got my first request for further info (S56) along with medical checks etc in February 2018.

After a couple more requests asking for the same things i tried to re-organise the proof of relationship and annotate pictures to make life as easy for them as possible. It seems to take 4-6 weeks for the 'further assessment' to take place, however took just a few days since the last request for the approval.

Today i have finally been granted the 820 and couldnt be happier.


Best of luck to everyone else waiting

21st Sep 2017 - Application
10th Feb 2018 - First S56 (relationship, medicals and clearances)
28th Mar 2018 - Second S56 (proof of relationship)
11th May 2018 - Third S56 (same as last time)
18th May 2018 - Visa Granted
Assigned to Indonesia, Jakarta

sirenav 05-18-2018 06:01 AM

Hey everyone!

I applied for my onshore 820 Visa almost exactly a year ago, May 27,2017. I haven't heard anything from anyone aside from being granted a BVB when I travelled in November 2017.

I've been seeing a lot of applications that were submitted after mine have already been approved, so I'm starting to get a bit antsy.

I was thinking of maybe doing my medical exams and attaching them even though I didn't get a request to do so. Do you guys think that would be a good idea or not?

Basheer 05-18-2018 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirenav (Post 1883409)
Hey everyone!

I applied for my onshore 820 Visa almost exactly a year ago, May 27,2017. I haven't heard anything from anyone aside from being granted a BVB when I travelled in November 2017.

I've been seeing a lot of applications that were submitted after mine have already been approved, so I'm starting to get a bit antsy.

I was thinking of maybe doing my medical exams and attaching them even though I didn't get a request to do so. Do you guys think that would be a good idea or not?

Hi the process period waiting time 17-24 months to be finalised good luck and you don’t need to do your medical exam till the immigration ask you to do it you need to wait good luck

RjP 05-18-2018 01:24 PM

Hi,

Been waiting to hear from DIBP about my temporary partner visa, this waiting game is exhausting.
We lodged Partner Visa 820 on 10 July 2016. Granted BVA.
Applied for BVB March 2017, granted. Visited family overseas for a month.
Immi requested updated docs. 2 August 2017.
Requested additional docs on 17 October 2017.
Requested more docs. on 8 December 2017.
I applied for BVB the 2nd time in Feb 2018, granted and visited my family for 2 months..
I haven’t heard from the Immi about my visa them since then...

carllai84 05-18-2018 09:50 PM

My application was submitted on 20/1/2017, Medical examination 5/2017, sponsor HK police check 11/2017, and just submitted applicant HK police check 27/4/2018 as per immi request.

My case officer is in Perth. Are they super slow? It just take ages to approve.

Skybluebrewer 05-18-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basheer (Post 1883415)
Hi the process period waiting time 17-24 months to be finalised good luck and you donít need to do your medical exam till the immigration ask you to do it you need to wait good luck

Only an estimated 15% of applicants take between 17 and 24 months. The majority (75%) will be under 17 months and about 10% take longer than 24 months.

"Two processing times are displayed in calendar days, indicating how long it is taking to finalise 75 and 90 per cent of applications submitted globally." Source.

Skybluebrewer 05-18-2018 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirenav (Post 1883409)
Hey everyone!

I applied for my onshore 820 Visa almost exactly a year ago, May 27,2017. I haven't heard anything from anyone aside from being granted a BVB when I travelled in November 2017.

I've been seeing a lot of applications that were submitted after mine have already been approved, so I'm starting to get a bit antsy.

I was thinking of maybe doing my medical exams and attaching them even though I didn't get a request to do so. Do you guys think that would be a good idea or not?

That is up to you. Not very many people take over 2 years for an 820 but some do and I'm sure you know the medical is valid for 12 months.

That being said, if you're sure you've submitted everything required (you'd be surprised how many people don't read the website and don't know things are needed), if you do the medical, when someone finally looks at your app, it could go straight to approval. This prevents further delays of a CO having to request, give time for you to comply, and then eventually get back to your case. Some people get grants within a day or two of supplying info. Some people wait months.

So if you're okay with the risk of having to repeat the medical if it passes 12 months, then go ahead and submit. That's what I did and it worked out. Or wait until they request it to be on the safe side. Up to you.

You don't upload anything when you do the medical. The results and everything are automatically sent to immigration and linked to your application.

oktavia 05-19-2018 12:37 PM

hi guys !

I just submitted 820 on April 2018
BVA is sent immediately
Done medical check up on 19 April 2018 (since it has been asked)
And now the waiting is coming.

The things that I am afraid is I left something since I do not use any migration agent. I submitted the form, attached all files, my partner has filled the application for sponsorship (however the status is submitted not received). What else I need to do ? Do we just wait without knowing anything?

My partner had done the sponsorship application (through my immi account). And I realise under the attachment it was asked for form 40sp. Should we fill the form or the sponsorship application is enough ?

Thank you so much and hopefully we can hear good news soon :)

Skybluebrewer 05-19-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktavia (Post 1883617)
hi guys !

I just submitted 820 on April 2018
BVA is sent immediately
Done medical check up on 19 April 2018 (since it has been asked)
And now the waiting is coming.

The things that I am afraid is I left something since I do not use any migration agent. I submitted the form, attached all files, my partner has filled the application for sponsorship (however the status is submitted not received). What else I need to do ? Do we just wait without knowing anything?

My partner had done the sponsorship application (through my immi account). And I realise under the attachment it was asked for form 40sp. Should we fill the form or the sponsorship application is enough ?

Thank you so much and hopefully we can hear good news soon :)

Go to immigration's 820/801 site and follow the applicant amd sponsor document checklist shown there under Step 1. That's all you need to do is make sure you have all those things. Then you wait for immigration to contact you with a grant.

You'll notice it tells the sponsor to do the online form and doesn't mention a paper 40sp as a document on that checklist. That's because the sponsor form is the online version of the paper 40sp.

Follow the checklist and you can't go wrong.

Britch 05-20-2018 12:22 PM

Hey guys- I applied June 2017, heard nothing from case officer until April 2017 when they asked for birth certs, and now nothing. Really losing hope. It's all decision ready.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com