Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Skybluebrewer 08-18-2018 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lez (Post 1904599)
Hi. I am new here and like many others, My husband (Au citizen) and I submitted my paper application 820/801 (onshore). It was submitted 23/02/17. Just a day ago I received an email requesting a new AFP police check and health examination which I booked the earliest possible. If I don't receive an update from them after I sent them what they need, can I apply the second stage (801) on 23/02/2019? TIA

You can't do Stage 2 unless you hold either the 820 or the 309. Best bet is to hope that they assess it as well on their own.

Lez 08-18-2018 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer (Post 1904647)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lez (Post 1904599)
Hi. I am new here and like many others, My husband (Au citizen) and I submitted my paper application 820/801 (onshore). It was submitted 23/02/17. Just a day ago I received an email requesting a new AFP police check and health examination which I booked the earliest possible. If I don't receive an update from them after I sent them what they need, can I apply the second stage (801) on 23/02/2019? TIA

You can't do Stage 2 unless you hold either the 820 or the 309. Best bet is to hope that they assess it as well on their own.

Oh ok. I thought I can do that but thanks for the feedback. Also, I read from above posted by Canafrican that his wife got her 820 and 801 within seconds from each other? What does it mean? TIA

Skybluebrewer 08-18-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lez (Post 1904657)
Oh ok. I thought I can do that but thanks for the feedback. Also, I read from above posted by Canafrican that his wife got her 820 and 801 within seconds from each other? What does it mean? TIA

That happens when either long term relationship criteria is met, or sometimes if someone's app took longer than 24 months, the CO decided to do the 801 as well since the person was eligible. I haven't seen it happen every time in that scenario but it's a possibility.

Free Bird 08-22-2018 05:41 AM

I see people doing medical examination here without it being requested by CO! How is this possible? Don't they need a referral letter in order to do the examination?

I have been requested to do 3 medical assessments by my CO. General examination, x-rays, and HIV test, which is wired.

Skybluebrewer 08-22-2018 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Bird (Post 1905355)
I see people doing medical examination here without it being requested by CO! How is this possible? Don't they need a referral letter in order to do the examination?

I have been requested to do 3 medical assessments by my CO. General examination, x-rays, and HIV test, which is wired.

If you applied online, you just have to do the health questionnaire in the immi account to access the form required with the HAPID.

Those aren't three medicals, it's one. All of those are required to pass the medical and they all get done at the same time.

LadyRogueRayne 08-22-2018 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Bird (Post 1905355)
I see people doing medical examination here without it being requested by CO! How is this possible? Don't they need a referral letter in order to do the examination?

I have been requested to do 3 medical assessments by my CO. General examination, x-rays, and HIV test, which is wired.

Because you can print your medical paperwork from your MyIMMI account and complete it. That's what I did. I'm glad I did, because the results actually triggered the CO to ask for some things that they needed and my 820 was approved once I got all of that in. It doesn't happen that way for everyone, but can save some time. I did my medicals 6 months after applying for the 820. Got the visa grant in 7 months. :)

Free Bird 08-22-2018 09:11 AM

Thanks Skybluebrewer and LadyRogueRayne :)

My visa application was made through a migration agent, therefore I don't have access to my immiaccount.

hcs1 08-24-2018 11:36 AM

Evening everyone. We lodged our visa 820 application in April 2018. We have lived together as a couple since March 2013 in Australia (previously i was on a NZ family relation visa). I had a quick question. Is it recommended to continuously upload updated batches of evidence (say every 6months) after the lodgement date? Or is it best to leave it and save it for the 801 application (if approved). Or is it common for a CO to ask for more evidence that shows updates after the lodgement date? Thanks in advance. This forum is a fantastic read.

Skybluebrewer 08-24-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcs1 (Post 1905885)
Evening everyone. We lodged our visa 820 application in April 2018. We have lived together as a couple since March 2013 in Australia (previously i was on a NZ family relation visa). I had a quick question. Is it recommended to continuously upload updated batches of evidence (say every 6months) after the lodgement date? Or is it best to leave it and save it for the 801 application (if approved). Or is it common for a CO to ask for more evidence that shows updates after the lodgement date? Thanks in advance. This forum is a fantastic read.

There's no requirement to but some people choose to. Not much point saving evidence for the 801 since the evidence needed at that stage is only since the grant of the 820.

Snoopy11 08-27-2018 08:45 AM

Got my visa granted today!

Applied: 3/17
Email for more info: 12/17 & 1/18
Submit all requested documents: 4/18
Oversea travel: 12/17, 4/18, 5/18 & 8/18
Last update: Family photo 8/18
Visa granted: 8/18
Relationship: De Facto
Migration Agent: No
Nationality: Malaysian

I came to Australia on 457 in 2010. This is my 2nd application, I broke up with my first sponsor and my current bf is 7 years younger than me. I have applied bridging visa B twice to spend 6 weeks with my bf when he was having training in Italy, family trip to Taiwan, election in Malaysia and taking family photo for my brother’s PhD convo in Singapore.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com