820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 550

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3196Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 550


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #5491 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2018, 06:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1464 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lez View Post
Hi. I am new here and like many others, My husband (Au citizen) and I submitted my paper application 820/801 (onshore). It was submitted 23/02/17. Just a day ago I received an email requesting a new AFP police check and health examination which I booked the earliest possible. If I don't receive an update from them after I sent them what they need, can I apply the second stage (801) on 23/02/2019? TIA
You can't do Stage 2 unless you hold either the 820 or the 309. Best bet is to hope that they assess it as well on their own.


Reply With Quote
  #5492 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2018, 07:27 AM
Lez Lez is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lez View Post
Hi. I am new here and like many others, My husband (Au citizen) and I submitted my paper application 820/801 (onshore). It was submitted 23/02/17. Just a day ago I received an email requesting a new AFP police check and health examination which I booked the earliest possible. If I don't receive an update from them after I sent them what they need, can I apply the second stage (801) on 23/02/2019? TIA
You can't do Stage 2 unless you hold either the 820 or the 309. Best bet is to hope that they assess it as well on their own.
Oh ok. I thought I can do that but thanks for the feedback. Also, I read from above posted by Canafrican that his wife got her 820 and 801 within seconds from each other? What does it mean? TIA


Reply With Quote
  #5493 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2018, 07:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1464 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lez View Post
Oh ok. I thought I can do that but thanks for the feedback. Also, I read from above posted by Canafrican that his wife got her 820 and 801 within seconds from each other? What does it mean? TIA
That happens when either long term relationship criteria is met, or sometimes if someone's app took longer than 24 months, the CO decided to do the 801 as well since the person was eligible. I haven't seen it happen every time in that scenario but it's a possibility.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5494 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2018, 06:41 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From saudiarabia

1 likes received
3 likes given
I see people doing medical examination here without it being requested by CO! How is this possible? Don't they need a referral letter in order to do the examination?

I have been requested to do 3 medical assessments by my CO. General examination, x-rays, and HIV test, which is wired.


Reply With Quote
  #5495 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1464 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Bird View Post
I see people doing medical examination here without it being requested by CO! How is this possible? Don't they need a referral letter in order to do the examination?

I have been requested to do 3 medical assessments by my CO. General examination, x-rays, and HIV test, which is wired.
If you applied online, you just have to do the health questionnaire in the immi account to access the form required with the HAPID.

Those aren't three medicals, it's one. All of those are required to pass the medical and they all get done at the same time.

Free Bird likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5496 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:04 AM
LadyRogueRayne's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 1,114
Users Flag! From usa

280 likes received
1475 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Bird View Post
I see people doing medical examination here without it being requested by CO! How is this possible? Don't they need a referral letter in order to do the examination?

I have been requested to do 3 medical assessments by my CO. General examination, x-rays, and HIV test, which is wired.
Because you can print your medical paperwork from your MyIMMI account and complete it. That's what I did. I'm glad I did, because the results actually triggered the CO to ask for some things that they needed and my 820 was approved once I got all of that in. It doesn't happen that way for everyone, but can save some time. I did my medicals 6 months after applying for the 820. Got the visa grant in 7 months.

Free Bird likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Applied for 820: 5 Oct 16
Submitted FBI Checks: 27 Jan 17
Submitted Medicals: 12 Apr 17
CO contact: 18 Apr 2017 Request AFP checks & Form 80
Submitted Requested Docs: 1 May 17
820 Visa Grant: 4 May 17
Applied for 801: 8 Sept 18
CO contact: 26 Apr 19 (call & email/son's State PC)
801 Visa Grant: 13 Sep 2019

Reply With Quote
  #5497 (permalink)  
Old 08-22-2018, 10:11 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From saudiarabia

1 likes received
3 likes given
Thanks Skybluebrewer and LadyRogueRayne

My visa application was made through a migration agent, therefore I don't have access to my immiaccount.


Reply With Quote
  #5498 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2018, 12:36 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Evening everyone. We lodged our visa 820 application in April 2018. We have lived together as a couple since March 2013 in Australia (previously i was on a NZ family relation visa). I had a quick question. Is it recommended to continuously upload updated batches of evidence (say every 6months) after the lodgement date? Or is it best to leave it and save it for the 801 application (if approved). Or is it common for a CO to ask for more evidence that shows updates after the lodgement date? Thanks in advance. This forum is a fantastic read.

ohkay likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5499 (permalink)  
Old 08-24-2018, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1464 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcs1 View Post
Evening everyone. We lodged our visa 820 application in April 2018. We have lived together as a couple since March 2013 in Australia (previously i was on a NZ family relation visa). I had a quick question. Is it recommended to continuously upload updated batches of evidence (say every 6months) after the lodgement date? Or is it best to leave it and save it for the 801 application (if approved). Or is it common for a CO to ask for more evidence that shows updates after the lodgement date? Thanks in advance. This forum is a fantastic read.
There's no requirement to but some people choose to. Not much point saving evidence for the 801 since the evidence needed at that stage is only since the grant of the 820.


Reply With Quote
  #5500 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2018, 09:45 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Got my visa granted today!

Applied: 3/17
Email for more info: 12/17 & 1/18
Submit all requested documents: 4/18
Oversea travel: 12/17, 4/18, 5/18 & 8/18
Last update: Family photo 8/18
Visa granted: 8/18
Relationship: De Facto
Migration Agent: No
Nationality: Malaysian

I came to Australia on 457 in 2010. This is my 2nd application, I broke up with my first sponsor and my current bf is 7 years younger than me. I have applied bridging visa B twice to spend 6 weeks with my bf when he was having training in Italy, family trip to Taiwan, election in Malaysia and taking family photo for my brother’s PhD convo in Singapore.


Last edited by Snoopy11; 08-27-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 03:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 09:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 03:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 03:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 04:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:51 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com