820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 557

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3222Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 557


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #5561 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2018, 07:35 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
3 likes given
Granted 820 yesterday! - Took 11 months

LadyRogueRayne likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5562 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2018, 07:36 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 12
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
3 likes given
Thank you for all your feedback. It has helped me a lot.


Reply With Quote
  #5563 (permalink)  
Old 09-28-2018, 08:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 16
Please update your flag here .

5 likes received
Congratulations


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5564 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2018, 07:27 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

1 likes given
Hi all!

New member here, with hopefully a quick question.

Applied for the Stage 1 Onshore Partnership visa in January 2018, and during the application process, I uploaded all my evidence as in the 'Other' category. At the time, no other categories were present and I was under the misconception that I had to upload it all at once.

Is this likely to impact the processing time of my application? Currently my Evidence list looks scarce because all my evidence is listed under the 'Other' category...

Health assessment has been finalised and the application is still currently 'Received'.

Also - after a quick read through I'm a little confused as to whether or not my partner (sponsor) needs to create an Immi Account for this? So far we have just uploaded the Sponsor Documents in the appropriate subheadings in the Attach Documents section.

Hope that made sense!

Gosh all this waiting certainly makes you overthink at times eh...


Reply With Quote
  #5565 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2018, 07:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcumbers19 View Post
Hi all!

New member here, with hopefully a quick question.

Applied for the Stage 1 Onshore Partnership visa in January 2018, and during the application process, I uploaded all my evidence as in the 'Other' category. At the time, no other categories were present and I was under the misconception that I had to upload it all at once.

Is this likely to impact the processing time of my application? Currently my Evidence list looks scarce because all my evidence is listed under the 'Other' category...

Health assessment has been finalised and the application is still currently 'Received'.

Also - after a quick read through I'm a little confused as to whether or not my partner (sponsor) needs to create an Immi Account for this? So far we have just uploaded the Sponsor Documents in the appropriate subheadings in the Attach Documents section.

Hope that made sense!

Gosh all this waiting certainly makes you overthink at times eh...
Categories don't matter. If it's uploaded, they'll see it.

Sponsor needs to start a new application online and select the sponsorship for partner visa form (it is in the same family section you found your app in). Doesn't matter if they create their own account or use yours for this. This is all listed on the visa website.

LadyRogueRayne likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5566 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2018, 08:36 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

1 likes given
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybluebrewer View Post
Categories don't matter. If it's uploaded, they'll see it.

Sponsor needs to start a new application online and select the sponsorship for partner visa form (it is in the same family section you found your app in). Doesn't matter if they create their own account or use yours for this. This is all listed on the visa website.
Cheers for the reply!

My partner has already completed the 40SP form and we have uploaded that to my application. I read a post earlier in this thread that mentioned a sponsor's application status compared to the applicant's status and just wanted to check there wasn't a separate Immi Account with application that needed to be created.


Reply With Quote
  #5567 (permalink)  
Old 09-29-2018, 08:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,534
Users Flag! From usa

1467 likes received
434 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcumbers19 View Post
Cheers for the reply!

My partner has already completed the 40SP form and we have uploaded that to my application. I read a post earlier in this thread that mentioned a sponsor's application status compared to the applicant's status and just wanted to check there wasn't a separate Immi Account with application that needed to be created.
They get that status because they did the online sponsorship application I mentioned in my previous response.

mcumbers19 likes this.

Reply With Quote
  #5568 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2018, 02:51 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
Users Flag! From ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original View Post
The wait is over! I got my 820 granted today, having submitted the requested documents last week friday. The 1st part is done and now waiting for the 2nd part. Goodluck to those who are still waiting. The good news is around the corner...
Keep believing.
That's great news, it came through so quickly in the end. I just got asked for my medical and police checks today so hopefully I am not long behind you


Reply With Quote
  #5569 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2018, 03:50 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From australia

2 likes given
Hi, I applied for a 820 visa with my partner in December 2017. In April 2018 I was asked to provide a police certificate, which I did within the next couple of weeks. About a month after this my partner applied for a bridging visa B to travel home for a couple of weeks to visit family. The bridging B was granted for 6 months with multi-entry expiring in november. We havent heard anything from the government since then. I was wondering if applying for the bridging B visa places you on hold/makes your application take longer? we are travelling in december again so I was a bit worried this will push the visa processing time back even further. Thanks!


Reply With Quote
  #5570 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2018, 12:04 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 48
Users Flag! From australia

9 likes received
13 likes given
We got it!

Hi guys, we finally got our Partner Visa grant notice this morning, almost exactly 11 months after applying!

Thank you all for your help, it has been invaluable! I will be posting a thread with information about our case so I can hopefully give back some help to others.

LadyRogueRayne likes this.

__________________
From: Germany, Applied: 11 Nov 2017, Occupation: Industrial Designer, Visa: 820 Partner Visa, Application: Online, Agent: No, Medical: 04 April 2018, Police: 11 Nov 2017, CO: ?, Granted: 13 Oct 2018, To: Australia

Last edited by monoles; 10-13-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com