Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

cookbarry 04-28-2019 12:24 PM

sorry to bother you but may I ask a question ? I am an aussie citizen living in England
and plan to marry a lady who is not . My idea is to return to OZ and come with my future wife who will arrive on a visitor visa lasting 3 months I think . Then she would apply for an onshore spouse visa but , as police and medical certificates expire after 12 months , no point in getting them in OZ as woud be out of date when and if visa eventually given. Is it possible to do it in this way as I always thought only an offshore visa was possible . That would be more difficult as we would not be living in same house if outside OZ as we now live in different countries .Hoping you or someone can comment on my plan .
thanking you ,
barry

alicjads 05-08-2019 02:13 AM

Hi, after 13 and a half months I got my visa, both 820 and 801 ( we are in a quite long relationship).
I want to say that reading this forum helped me a lot in findining answers to all my questions, so I am very grateful.
Everything went smoothly, I didn’t exaggerate with the amount of evidence, sent last needed papers 6 months after application and never got any questions from immigration departement so my advise would be - take it easy and don’t worry too much.
It looks like average waiting period would be 13-14 months. So, stay positive!

JandE 05-08-2019 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookbarry (Post 1947873)
sorry to bother you but may I ask a question ? I am an aussie citizen living in England
and plan to marry a lady who is not . My idea is to return to OZ and come with my future wife who will arrive on a visitor visa lasting 3 months I think . Then she would apply for an onshore spouse visa but , as police and medical certificates expire after 12 months , no point in getting them in OZ as woud be out of date when and if visa eventually given. Is it possible to do it in this way as I always thought only an offshore visa was possible . That would be more difficult as we would not be living in same house if outside OZ as we now live in different countries .Hoping you or someone can comment on my plan .
thanking you ,
barry

Have you considered the PMV as you are not yet married, and appear to live apart.
Most are done in under 12 months. That's only if you have time to wait.

Other than that try to apply for a one year visitor visa, so she can really see what the country is like. Then apply for the onshore 820 if needed, and if applicable at the time.

JandE 05-08-2019 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicjads (Post 1949605)
Hi, after 13 and a half months I got my visa, both 820 and 801 ( we are in a quite long relationship).
I want to say that reading this forum helped me a lot in findining answers to all my questions, so I am very grateful.
Everything went smoothly, I didnít exaggerate with the amount of evidence, sent last needed papers 6 months after application and never got any questions from immigration departement so my advise would be - take it easy and donít worry too much.
It looks like average waiting period would be 13-14 months. So, stay positive!

Congrats on the Visa. You did OK, definitely much faster than the normal 820 application to 801 Grant.

The last four "direct to 801" visas on this forum have taken: 11.0, 13.4, 19.5 and 20.8 months

alicjads 05-08-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JandE (Post 1949643)
Congrats on the Visa. You did OK, definitely much faster than the normal 820 application to 801 Grant.

The last four "direct to 801" visas on this forum have taken: 11.0, 13.4, 19.5 and 20.8 months

Thank you! It is a big relief!
Obviously, going straight to 801 must depend on the length of the relationship, mine is longer than 10 years.
I said about an average time being around 13 months not because my own experience, but because I saw a lot of cases in this forum with similar timeline. Also my friend got her visa after exactly 13 months ( 820 - her relationship is much shorter).
Funny thing is that I just applied for BVB, payed, received it and after few days I got PR...

JandE 05-08-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicjads (Post 1949665)
Funny thing is that I just applied for BVB, payed, received it and after few days I got PR...

That type of thing is something I have noticed being mentioned a few times, while I have been on the immigration forum.

It is almost as if we submit something that makes them look at the application, and if the application is 100% complete, they decide they may as well finalise it, while it is open in their hands.

cookbarry 05-08-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JandE (Post 1949639)
Have you considered the PMV as you are not yet married, and appear to live apart.
Most are done in under 12 months. That's only if you have time to wait.

Other than that try to apply for a one year visitor visa, so she can really see what the country is like. Then apply for the onshore 820 if needed, and if applicable at the time.

thanks for comments . sadly , I did the PMV in 2014 for my ex wife who
amazingly was allowed to remain in OZ ( long story ! ) . the 5 year rule applied to me as sponsor which is hard for me as an "oldie " and hope i do
not eventually return in a box for my daughter to bury ! ( smile ) .
I have since done more research and it would be almost impossible for a Russian lady or anyone to get a visitor visa of more than 3 months in a 12 month period . Doing an onshore partner application woild not be possible as the "no further stay" condition would be attached to the visitor visa . Such is life and depressing but we must battle on . ( smile )

gift 05-09-2019 01:37 AM

Keep adding documents to the visa application
 
I have applied for visa 820 three months a go, and I was wondering whether I need to keep uploading more evidence to my application, or not. I also haven't received any notification regarding my visa, is that fine?

Cebu 05-09-2019 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gift (Post 1949817)
I have applied for visa 820 three months a go, and I was wondering whether I need to keep uploading more evidence to my application, or not. I also haven't received any notification regarding my visa, is that fine?


I applied in March, every time i have new evidences like mails showing both our names or separate but the same address I uploaded those.

Cebu 05-09-2019 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookbarry (Post 1949689)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JandE (Post 1949639)
Have you considered the PMV as you are not yet married, and appear to live apart.
Most are done in under 12 months. That's only if you have time to wait.

Other than that try to apply for a one year visitor visa, so she can really see what the country is like. Then apply for the onshore 820 if needed, and if applicable at the time.

thanks for comments . sadly , I did the PMV in 2014 for my ex wife who
amazingly was allowed to remain in OZ ( long story ! ) . the 5 year rule applied to me as sponsor which is hard for me as an "oldie " and hope i do
not eventually return in a box for my daughter to bury ! ( smile ) .
I have since done more research and it would be almost impossible for a Russian lady or anyone to get a visitor visa of more than 3 months in a 12 month period . Doing an onshore partner application woild not be possible as the "no further stay" condition would be attached to the visitor visa . Such is life and depressing but we must battle on . ( smile )



I applied for a one month visitor visa, I was granted for a year the reason I am able to apply onshore.
Why not try?... I was sponsored PMV before by my ex as well. And now Partner Visa by my husband.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com