820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 575

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree3188Likes

820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! - Page 575


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #5741 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2019, 12:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 283
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
sorry to bother you but may I ask a question ? I am an aussie citizen living in England
and plan to marry a lady who is not . My idea is to return to OZ and come with my future wife who will arrive on a visitor visa lasting 3 months I think . Then she would apply for an onshore spouse visa but , as police and medical certificates expire after 12 months , no point in getting them in OZ as woud be out of date when and if visa eventually given. Is it possible to do it in this way as I always thought only an offshore visa was possible . That would be more difficult as we would not be living in same house if outside OZ as we now live in different countries .Hoping you or someone can comment on my plan .
thanking you ,
barry


Reply With Quote
  #5742 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 02:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Hi, after 13 and a half months I got my visa, both 820 and 801 ( we are in a quite long relationship).
I want to say that reading this forum helped me a lot in findining answers to all my questions, so I am very grateful.
Everything went smoothly, I didn’t exaggerate with the amount of evidence, sent last needed papers 6 months after application and never got any questions from immigration departement so my advise would be - take it easy and don’t worry too much.
It looks like average waiting period would be 13-14 months. So, stay positive!


Reply With Quote
  #5743 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,574
Users Flag! From australia

915 likes received
282 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
sorry to bother you but may I ask a question ? I am an aussie citizen living in England
and plan to marry a lady who is not . My idea is to return to OZ and come with my future wife who will arrive on a visitor visa lasting 3 months I think . Then she would apply for an onshore spouse visa but , as police and medical certificates expire after 12 months , no point in getting them in OZ as woud be out of date when and if visa eventually given. Is it possible to do it in this way as I always thought only an offshore visa was possible . That would be more difficult as we would not be living in same house if outside OZ as we now live in different countries .Hoping you or someone can comment on my plan .
thanking you ,
barry
Have you considered the PMV as you are not yet married, and appear to live apart.
Most are done in under 12 months. That's only if you have time to wait.

Other than that try to apply for a one year visitor visa, so she can really see what the country is like. Then apply for the onshore 820 if needed, and if applicable at the time.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5744 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 05:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,574
Users Flag! From australia

915 likes received
282 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicjads View Post
Hi, after 13 and a half months I got my visa, both 820 and 801 ( we are in a quite long relationship).
I want to say that reading this forum helped me a lot in findining answers to all my questions, so I am very grateful.
Everything went smoothly, I didnít exaggerate with the amount of evidence, sent last needed papers 6 months after application and never got any questions from immigration departement so my advise would be - take it easy and donít worry too much.
It looks like average waiting period would be 13-14 months. So, stay positive!
Congrats on the Visa. You did OK, definitely much faster than the normal 820 application to 801 Grant.

The last four "direct to 801" visas on this forum have taken: 11.0, 13.4, 19.5 and 20.8 months


Reply With Quote
  #5745 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Congrats on the Visa. You did OK, definitely much faster than the normal 820 application to 801 Grant.

The last four "direct to 801" visas on this forum have taken: 11.0, 13.4, 19.5 and 20.8 months
Thank you! It is a big relief!
Obviously, going straight to 801 must depend on the length of the relationship, mine is longer than 10 years.
I said about an average time being around 13 months not because my own experience, but because I saw a lot of cases in this forum with similar timeline. Also my friend got her visa after exactly 13 months ( 820 - her relationship is much shorter).
Funny thing is that I just applied for BVB, payed, received it and after few days I got PR...


Reply With Quote
  #5746 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 08:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australlia
Posts: 4,574
Users Flag! From australia

915 likes received
282 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicjads View Post
Funny thing is that I just applied for BVB, payed, received it and after few days I got PR...
That type of thing is something I have noticed being mentioned a few times, while I have been on the immigration forum.

It is almost as if we submit something that makes them look at the application, and if the application is 100% complete, they decide they may as well finalise it, while it is open in their hands.


Reply With Quote
  #5747 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2019, 08:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 283
Users Flag! From uk

15 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Have you considered the PMV as you are not yet married, and appear to live apart.
Most are done in under 12 months. That's only if you have time to wait.

Other than that try to apply for a one year visitor visa, so she can really see what the country is like. Then apply for the onshore 820 if needed, and if applicable at the time.
thanks for comments . sadly , I did the PMV in 2014 for my ex wife who
amazingly was allowed to remain in OZ ( long story ! ) . the 5 year rule applied to me as sponsor which is hard for me as an "oldie " and hope i do
not eventually return in a box for my daughter to bury ! ( smile ) .
I have since done more research and it would be almost impossible for a Russian lady or anyone to get a visitor visa of more than 3 months in a 12 month period . Doing an onshore partner application woild not be possible as the "no further stay" condition would be attached to the visitor visa . Such is life and depressing but we must battle on . ( smile )


Reply With Quote
  #5748 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2019, 01:37 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 7
Please update your flag here .

1 likes given
Keep adding documents to the visa application

I have applied for visa 820 three months a go, and I was wondering whether I need to keep uploading more evidence to my application, or not. I also haven't received any notification regarding my visa, is that fine?


Reply With Quote
  #5749 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2019, 01:49 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gift View Post
I have applied for visa 820 three months a go, and I was wondering whether I need to keep uploading more evidence to my application, or not. I also haven't received any notification regarding my visa, is that fine?

I applied in March, every time i have new evidences like mails showing both our names or separate but the same address I uploaded those.


Reply With Quote
  #5750 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2019, 01:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookbarry View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JandE View Post
Have you considered the PMV as you are not yet married, and appear to live apart.
Most are done in under 12 months. That's only if you have time to wait.

Other than that try to apply for a one year visitor visa, so she can really see what the country is like. Then apply for the onshore 820 if needed, and if applicable at the time.
thanks for comments . sadly , I did the PMV in 2014 for my ex wife who
amazingly was allowed to remain in OZ ( long story ! ) . the 5 year rule applied to me as sponsor which is hard for me as an "oldie " and hope i do
not eventually return in a box for my daughter to bury ! ( smile ) .
I have since done more research and it would be almost impossible for a Russian lady or anyone to get a visitor visa of more than 3 months in a 12 month period . Doing an onshore partner application woild not be possible as the "no further stay" condition would be attached to the visitor visa . Such is life and depressing but we must battle on . ( smile )


I applied for a one month visitor visa, I was granted for a year the reason I am able to apply onshore.
Why not try?... I was sponsored PMV before by my ex as well. And now Partner Visa by my husband.


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) alikaup Visas and immigration 9 06-27-2014 02:55 AM
Upcoming trip planned whilst waiting for temporary 820 visa rcar Visas and immigration 2 05-27-2013 08:48 AM
Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) louiseb Visas and immigration 3 04-16-2013 02:59 AM
Waiting for Combined Partner (Temporary) (Class UK Subclass 820) visa jemma9580 Visas and immigration 4 02-19-2012 02:11 AM
Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801) Renegade Visas and immigration 3 07-05-2011 03:26 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com