Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

BieBie 02-22-2020 08:46 PM

Hi everyone, I’m oN PMV visa atm, applied the visa through an immigration agent. going to get married oN April.
For next step of 820 visa i would Like to do it my self. Just wondering is it difficult to do it our self?
Btw how long is Australian police certificate last for?
And do we have to do medical again for 820 visa? Thank all. much appreciated for all answers.

JandE 02-23-2020 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BieBie (Post 1984357)
Hi everyone, I’m oN PMV visa atm, applied the visa through an immigration agent. going to get married oN April.
For next step of 820 visa i would Like to do it my self. Just wondering is it difficult to do it our self?
Btw how long is Australian police certificate last for?
And do we have to do medical again for 820 visa? Thank all. much appreciated for all answers.

We did new police certificate for the 820.
No more medical is needed for the 820, after the PMV grant.

What is your PMV timeline?

We only did the Australian police check. Not the overseas one again, for the 820.

BieBie 02-23-2020 05:37 AM

Hi Jande. Thanks for Ur reply. So what stage are u atm? are u do it ur self as well for 820?
I lodged my PMV Dec 2018 granted 31 Jan 2020 from Indonesia.
So I don’t need police certificate from my country for me and my partner right?
thank you.

liney1 02-23-2020 10:59 AM

hey anyone knows if you change mind and wanna live in other country after getting pr or 801 then for how long you can reside elsewhere and return to AU back for example and will you lose PR not living in AU?

JandE 02-23-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BieBie (Post 1984387)
Hi Jande. Thanks for Ur reply. So what stage are u atm? are u do it ur self as well for 820?
I lodged my PMV Dec 2018 granted 31 Jan 2020 from Indonesia.
So I donít need police certificate from my country for me and my partner right?
thank you.

We did the 300, 820 and 801 ourselves, no agent. Got the PR 12 months ago, now lodging for Citizenship.

For the overseas Police Certificate, we only did the one from the Philippines for the 300, only the Australian one after that, for the 820 and 801. Haven't been back to the Philippines since a few months before the PMV was granted.

JandE 02-23-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liney1 (Post 1984403)
hey anyone knows if you change mind and wanna live in other country after getting pr or 801 then for how long you can reside elsewhere and return to AU back for example and will you lose PR not living in AU?

The PR grant gives you a 5 year travel facility. At that point you need to get an RRV, for more time overseas.
immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/.../resident-return-visa-155-157
If you leave Australia after your travel validity expires, or it expires when you are outside Australia, you will not be able to return to Australia as a permanent resident.
However, some people do manage to return, if they prove substantial ties to Australia.

BieBie 02-23-2020 11:40 AM

hi Jande, please check your private message. thank u ��

jacelynagea 02-24-2020 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyeeching (Post 1984083)
1. I received my MY police clearance on 23/5/2019 and AU police clearance on 12/4/2019 while my partner's SG police clearance on 19/7/2019. Do you guys reckon we should reapply these police clearances?!

I think you should wait until they ask you to submit the police checks.

Quote:

2. I am also thinking of updating some of my documents every 6 months to keep them updated. However, I have previously uploaded about 10 documents wrongly in my portal (silly me that wasted about 10 document slots). What happens if it reaches its max 100 documents limit? Can I still update my documents if I haven't been assigned a CO?
When you reach the 100 document limit there will be an option that helps you upload, so don't worry.

Quote:

3. I understand that I can apply for 801, 2 years (which is on 6/6/2021) after I submitted my 820 application. What if I have not had my 820 granted after 2 years? Can I still apply for 801? Or I can only apply for 801 after I have been granted 820 and 2 years after I submitted my 820 application?
The two year thing is that you can only apply to 801 when you have 820 for two years, not when you apply to 820. You cannot apply for 801 until you have 820 for two years.

JandE 02-24-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacelynagea (Post 1984589)
The two year thing is that you can only apply to 801 when you have 820 for two years, not when you apply to 820. You cannot apply for 801 until you have 820 for two years.

The 801 eligibility date is two years after the 820 application date, not the 820 grant date.

The person you replied to applied for the 820 on 6 June 2019, and will be able to do the 801 uploads from 6 June 2021. (They allow one month earlier, so effectively 6 May 2021.)

Not sure exactly what happens if the 820 isn't granted within that 2 years though, but some people make an enquiry, and get the 801 granted.

Processing time for subclass 801 Partner (permanent) visa and 100 Partner (permanent) visa is from date of eligibility (2 years after the 820/801 or 309/100 application is lodged) to finalisation.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visa...ocessing-times

jacelynagea 02-25-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JandE (Post 1984591)
The 801 eligibility date is two years after the 820 application date, not the 820 grant date.

The person you replied to applied for the 820 on 6 June 2019, and will be able to do the 801 uploads from 6 June 2021. (They allow one month earlier, so effectively 6 May 2021.)

Not sure exactly what happens if the 820 isn't granted within that 2 years though, but some people make an enquiry, and get the 801 granted.

[I]Processing time for subclass 801 Partner (permanent) visa and 100 Partner (permanent) visa is from date of eligibility (2 years after the 820/801 or 309/100 application is lodged) to finalisation.


Thank you, I was wrong about the two years thing but you cannot apply for 801 unless you have the 820.

"In order to be eligible for a subclass 801 visa applicants must be able to satisfy the following criteria:

They must hold a subclass 820 visa;
They must continue to be sponsored;
They must still be the sponsorís partner; and
Two years must have elapsed since the lodgement of the subclass 820 visa."

Two years must have elapsed since the lodgement of the subclass 820 visa. I misunderstood this part, I thought it was like you must have the 820 visa for two years. It makes everything quicker now. I thought I would have to wait like 5 years in total to get the 801.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com