Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Donkey 07-28-2014 08:01 AM

I guess it looks better with 6 months yeah? it says last reviewed on 14th of February 2014 which would make one think they actually update it every now and then...

Family Visa Processing Times

CollegeGirl 07-28-2014 08:04 AM

It would make you think that, but no. Those times haven't changed in nearly two years. Sad.

Mish 07-28-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donkey (Post 535770)
I guess it looks better with 6 months yeah? it says last reviewed on 14th of February 2014 which would make one think they actually update it every now and then...

Family Visa Processing Times

They could have updated any part of it, even just removing visa's that are no longer available. I can imagine their departmental procedures leave a lot to be desired and haven't been updated for awhile either.

Unfortunately with government departments they usually find that their money is better spent elsewhere.

thesmoothsuit 07-29-2014 04:46 AM

My wife got her 820!!!!! Fantastic. Applied in October so 9 months. We submitted everything off the check list including medicals at time of application. It was paper based, over 400 pages. We didn't submit too much of one item, but we submitted a bit of everything. High risk country according to immigration which I strongly disbelieve but, finally, 820 has landed.

Now the wait for the 801 begins for us.

To everyone here, thank you for your advice, support and friendship. For those waiting I wish you all the best and a speedy success.

Dinkum 07-29-2014 04:53 AM

Congrats & good luck!
 
Hi TheSmoothSuit
Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing with all of us waiting here. May I ask which city you lodged at? Time to celebrate now. Best wishes to you and your wife. Cheers... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesmoothsuit (Post 536986)
My wife got her 820!!!!! Fantastic. Applied in October so 9 months. We submitted everything off the check list including medicals at time of application. It was paper based, over 400 pages. We didn't submit too much of one item, but we submitted a bit of everything. High risk country according to immigration which I strongly disbelieve but, finally, 820 has landed.

Now the wait for the 801 begins for us.

To everyone here, thank you for your advice, support and friendship. For those waiting I wish you all the best and a speedy success.


thesmoothsuit 07-29-2014 04:57 AM

Dinkum - We applied to the Perth office.

Dinkum 07-29-2014 05:00 AM

Hi Smoothsuit. Thanks for that. It seems Perth is ahead of Sydney...again...hehe

jdee 08-07-2014 05:06 AM

Hi everyone,

Firstly without this forum then it would be hard to get advice/information to apply for a particular visa and i have foud this to be so beneficial.

Thank you CG, Mark Northam and everyone else on here for their advice. My partner and I applied for 820 De-facto visa on the 03rd of Dec 2013 and my partner got her 820 approved this morning by confirmation email, and we are over the moon after all the stresses from preparing the docs to the waiting game.

Now the wait begins for the 801 and then citizenship :).

CollegeGirl 08-07-2014 05:08 AM

CONGRATS! How wonderful. :) Enjoy every minute!

Dinkum 08-07-2014 05:13 AM

Congrats & good luck!
 
Hi Jdee - Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. You can both relax a bit now and enjoy life together in Oz while waiting for the next steps. May I ask what office you applied to? 7 months is much faster than many here, so it would be interesting to know if there are any particular reasons. Time to celebrate I guess... enjoy... :):):)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdee (Post 548049)
Hi everyone,

Firstly without this forum then it would be hard to get advice/information to apply for a particular visa and i have foud this to be so beneficial.

Thank you CG, Mark Northam and everyone else on here for their advice. My partner and I applied for 820 De-facto visa on the 03rd of Dec 2013 and my partner got her 820 approved this morning by confirmation email, and we are over the moon after all the stresses from preparing the docs to the waiting game.

Now the wait begins for the 801 and then citizenship :).



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com