Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   820 Temporary Onshore - Waiting Room! (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/38930-820-temporary-onshore-waiting-room.html)

Dinkum 11-26-2014 10:08 AM

801 straight away
 
Hi Davyt... as I understand it, you go straight to an 801 if you can solidly prove a full de-facto or married relationship of three years or more, two years if you have a child. I'm not a registered migration agent though, so I stand to be corrected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayvt (Post 680921)
Under what circumstances would they gant an 801 straight away?


iryuasada 11-26-2014 11:01 AM

congrats xyzaus!

happy to hear another one making it through.

15 months sounds like the standard waiting time, glad it is not up to 18 months of waiting

CollegeGirl 11-26-2014 11:58 AM

Yep, straight to 801 if you have been married or de facto for 3 years or more; or married/de facto 2 years or more and you have a child together.

Or if they take 2 years to process your visa application. But obviously no one wants to get it straight off THAT way, heh.

iryuasada 11-26-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollegeGirl (Post 681153)
Yep, straight to 801 if you have been married or de facto for 3 years or more; or married/de facto 2 years or more and you have a child together.


what about 2 years 10 months? i never ask about this before but since this got asked now, i am curious if i can qualify for 801 with this? .

we are together for more than 3 years on application time, but no time evidence except starting from 2 yrs 10 mths point.

hmm... maybe im asking too much...

Mish 11-26-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iryuasada (Post 681361)

what about 2 years 10 months? i never ask about this before but since this got asked now, i am curious if i can qualify for 801 with this? .

we are together for more than 3 years on application time, but no time evidence except starting from 2 yrs 10 mths point.

hmm... maybe im asking too much...

Nope you need evidence for 3 years or more at time of application unless you have a child together at time of application.

raissa 11-27-2014 01:52 AM

Could anyone help me with how the CO is assigned?
I received an email with:
Name: ******** *******
Positions Number: *************
Decision Support Officer

Is that it?
Also, anyone received the request for medical check WITH the acknowledgement letter?

Amandy 11-28-2014 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mish (Post 681401)
Nope you need evidence for 3 years or more at time of application unless you have a child together at time of application.

So if we're Defacto from Oct 2012, married Oct 2013 and applied for 820 Dec 2013 and have a child together, it's straight to 801?

Sorry Mish, I'm a usually little bit more cluey on these things, but I've never heard this before.

I know that if sponsoring for a second time and you have a child with the second partner, the 5 year wait is waived.

Amandy 11-28-2014 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xyzaus (Post 680577)
Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that our visa has been approved. :D

15 months waiting don't look that bad now lol.

820 granted. We have been together for 6 years but no proofs of that. We never thought we would need to keep evidences from day 1 :/

Congratulations! !! Which country?

Mish 11-28-2014 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amandy (Post 683097)

So if we're Defacto from Oct 2012, married Oct 2013 and applied for 820 Dec 2013 and have a child together, it's straight to 801?

Sorry Mish, I'm a usually little bit more cluey on these things, but I've never heard this before.

I know that if sponsoring for a second time and you have a child with the second partner, the 5 year wait is waived.

Nope sorry it is a time of application requirement so October 2012 to December 2013 is 14 months. With a child you needed 2 years prior to application.

Bay56 11-28-2014 12:45 PM

Congrats to everyone that has had their visas approved. We're up to 5 months…I'll grow old by the time this damn visa comes through! :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com