2nd stage partner processing visa

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree648Likes

2nd stage partner processing visa


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

18 likes received
2nd stage partner processing visa

Hi

i just wanted to know if there are any other people who have had experience with the 2nd stage partner process?

i have currently temporary residency visa and has recently filled out and sent the forms in for the 2nd stage process with all the stipulated requirements.

the processing time is said to be 6-8months, i was wondering if anybody got their application processed sooner or have encountered any problems with this as i am feeling nervous in this regard?

Thanks


Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 21
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Sorry I can't help you with your question azeeza because we are a few months behind you in the second stage process (expecting the paperwork to arrive in May), but I'd be interested in your timeline.

I have heard the same as you....6-8 months, because second stage spouse visas are a lower priority.

What documents did they request you to send in for your second stage?

Did you get the police check done early or wait until your packet arrived?

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

18 likes received
Smile

Hi Mallory

hmmm i got the letter and forms for the 2nd stage visa application about 3 weeks prior to the end of my 2nd year. the informtion required was fairly simple they needed:

1. police check
(you can get this form from the AFP website) fill it out and send with it a cheque of $48 and you will recieve the police clearacnce certificate within 10 working days. you can do this in advance if you wish. isugeest you do one for you and one for your partner as sometimes thet request for your partner as well.

2.copies of documents that may have changed since eg. marriage certificate, passport etc.

3. statutory declarartions by you and your partner proving your relationship is genuine, (DIAC will send you these forms)

4. form 80 character assesment form (DIAC will send you this form )

5. if you have had any kids since then you will need to add their details and copies of their birth certificate

6. 2 statutory declarartions from friends and family to prove your relationoship is genuine

7. all proof that you and your partner live together in the same house eg. lease agreements with both your names on it or joint bank accounts.

8. All documents have to be signed and certified infront of a justice of peace

you send in all these documents and you wait for a case worker to call you. i have sent in my forms and is currently waiting for the case worker to contact me, that is why i am intrested in other peoples experience so i may know what to expect.

hope the info above helps you mallory


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
I was waiting for someone who may have been through the process to comment azeeza and at first I thought you may have put in 6-8 months instead of weeks for 6-8 months does sound far too long for what is really just a tick off that a couple are still in a relationship.

Immi will have their reasons for the time being longer, more thorough checks to weed out marriages of convenience situations being one and then of course a lot of Immi people will be assigned to other investigative issues re Asylum seekers and because of rorting that has gone on in recent times with overseas students seeking PR.

But just because it takes so long, if you have a sound relationship there is no reason to be nervous as with right boxes ticked, it'll be a mere formality even if taking whatever time.




Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

18 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I was waiting for someone who may have been through the process to comment azeeza and at first I thought you may have put in 6-8 months instead of weeks for 6-8 months does sound far too long for what is really just a tick off that a couple are still in a relationship.

Immi will have their reasons for the time being longer, more thorough checks to weed out marriages of convenience situations being one and then of course a lot of Immi people will be assigned to other investigative issues re Asylum seekers and because of rorting that has gone on in recent times with overseas students seeking PR.

But just because it takes so long, if you have a sound relationship there is no reason to be nervous as with right boxes ticked, it'll be a mere formality even if taking whatever time.

yes i agree with the current state of refugees and asylum seeker the DIAC have become more stringent in their checks etc, however my main reason for being anxious about getting the visa is so that i can finish my uni degree and get a job its very hard trying to get a job on a TR visa and the uni fees are sky high if you not PR. i just hope i gets processed in time so i may start the second semester in july.

FINGERS CROSSED

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeeza View Post
Hi Mallory

hmmm i got the letter and forms for the 2nd stage visa application about 3 weeks prior to the end of my 2nd year. the informtion required was fairly simple they needed:

1. police check
(you can get this form from the AFP website) fill it out and send with it a cheque of $48 and you will recieve the police clearacnce certificate within 10 working days. you can do this in advance if you wish. isugeest you do one for you and one for your partner as sometimes thet request for your partner as well.

2.copies of documents that may have changed since eg. marriage certificate, passport etc.

3. statutory declarartions by you and your partner proving your relationship is genuine, (DIAC will send you these forms)

4. form 80 character assesment form (DIAC will send you this form )

5. if you have had any kids since then you will need to add their details and copies of their birth certificate

6. 2 statutory declarartions from friends and family to prove your relationoship is genuine

7. all proof that you and your partner live together in the same house eg. lease agreements with both your names on it or joint bank accounts.

8. All documents have to be signed and certified infront of a justice of peace

you send in all these documents and you wait for a case worker to call you. i have sent in my forms and is currently waiting for the case worker to contact me, that is why i am intrested in other peoples experience so i may know what to expect.

hope the info above helps you mallory
Hi, i just read your imformation about applying for 2nd stage partner.It's very helpful for me because i am doing it now.You know I am worry about status declaration from friends or family.Can I ask my cousin and brother in-law to prove for my relationship, I heard my friend said that we should not reffer family member to prove it, it is better than friends but the fact is i do not have any close ffriend that know well about our relationship.Can you give me some advises? Did you use form 888 to make declaration from your friends and family? What about the witness who sign for your own declaration as a third party ? Does it have to be the same witness who sign on your friend declaration? Thank you for your help.
I looking forward to hearing from you!

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

18 likes received
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa View Post
Hi, i just read your imformation about applying for 2nd stage partner.It's very helpful for me because i am doing it now.You know I am worry about status declaration from friends or family.Can I ask my cousin and brother in-law to prove for my relationship, I heard my friend said that we should not reffer family member to prove it, it is better than friends but the fact is i do not have any close ffriend that know well about our relationship.Can you give me some advises? Did you use form 888 to make declaration from your friends and family? What about the witness who sign for your own declaration as a third party ? Does it have to be the same witness who sign on your friend declaration? Thank you for your help.
I looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi lisa.

the statutory declaration that i submitted where from my mother in law and my husbands boss. i dont think there will be any issue if you get your cousin and brother in law to do the declarations. i had to also fill out the character check form, as well as get the police certificate. i had put one friend as a reference on my behalf but they didnt even contact her to verify any information.

the witness who signed my forms was a justice of peace who basically was the witness in all my forms so that was the easy part.

my second stage visa forms were filled out and sent with the police check on the 23 March 2010 and i received my permanent visa of the 30 April, i made sure all the forms and requirements were filled out 100% as requested so that helped in my visa being processed and granted within 37 days of it being lodged.

hope this helps. goodluck on your application

Azeeza

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeeza View Post
Hi lisa.

the statutory declaration that i submitted where from my mother in law and my husbands boss. i dont think there will be any issue if you get your cousin and brother in law to do the declarations. i had to also fill out the character check form, as well as get the police certificate. i had put one friend as a reference on my behalf but they didnt even contact her to verify any information.

the witness who signed my forms was a justice of peace who basically was the witness in all my forms so that was the easy part.

my second stage visa forms were filled out and sent with the police check on the 23 March 2010 and i received my permanent visa of the 30 April, i made sure all the forms and requirements were filled out 100% as requested so that helped in my visa being processed and granted within 37 days of it being lodged.

hope this helps. goodluck on your application

Azeeza
Hi Azeeza,
Thank you for your replying.Now I am asking my brother in law and cousin to make a declaration for me.You know it is a lot of pressure on me since I received the form from 2nd stage partner processing department becauze I did not know what to do with it, I just asking my friend around but every one told me differnent ways and I got confusing.I feel better now when I get your experience.Can you tell me one more thing that did you submit them any addictional evidence together with your all forms?What evidences did you use? Thanks alot.


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

18 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa View Post
Hi Azeeza,
Thank you for your replying.Now I am asking my brother in law and cousin to make a declaration for me.You know it is a lot of pressure on me since I received the form from 2nd stage partner processing department becauze I did not know what to do with it, I just asking my friend around but every one told me differnent ways and I got confusing.I feel better now when I get your experience.Can you tell me one more thing that did you submit them any addictional evidence together with your all forms?What evidences did you use? Thanks alot.
i just had to send them our rental lease that has both my husband and my names on it to prove that we live together, the rest of the documents were just watever they had requested.


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:51 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

1 likes received
Hey Guys,

We are in second stage partner processing and I already sent the package to process centre but still wondering that do my wife needs to do for the medical check up in HSA again.
Please let me know and greatly appreciated for your help.
regards,
Tin


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2nd stage partner, 309/100, 820/801 partner visa, acknowledgement letter, breakdown, hi everyone.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd Stage Partner Visa Processing Time NinaG Visas and immigration 2 02-07-2013 09:04 AM
Clarifications - Spouse Visa Subclass 309 2nd stage processing kangaroo in dxb Visas and immigration 0 06-13-2011 05:24 PM
Second Stage Partner Processing Timeline Info lawsionie Visas and immigration 0 08-24-2010 03:06 AM
Second Stage Partner Processing Centre Camberra renataelism Visas and immigration 3 06-23-2009 06:41 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:59 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com