Defacto Ball Is Rolling

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Defacto Ball Is Rolling


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Please update your flag here .

Defacto Ball Is Rolling

Hi Everyone
As you may know I have been asking a few questions here lately and trying to get it all sorted in my head as to how to go about applying for the defacto visa. Im here in Australia with my Australian boyfriend (Im irish).

We decided to go down the Migrant Agent route and met with her last night. She phoned up today and got us an interview for 6th May! (cant beleive how soon that is!) so we will be lodging the application in person with her present also.

I sent for my police checks on 26/03/2010 so hoping they will come back to me soon and my medicals are booked for 09/04/2010 and 16/04/2010 so again fingers crossed nothing shows up as abnormal there and all goes to plan!

If anyone can give me any tips/advice about the interview itself I would appreciate it ! Thanks and good luck!


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinoz View Post
Hi Everyone
As you may know I have been asking a few questions here lately and trying to get it all sorted in my head as to how to go about applying for the defacto visa. Im here in Australia with my Australian boyfriend (Im irish).

We decided to go down the Migrant Agent route and met with her last night. She phoned up today and got us an interview for 6th May! (cant beleive how soon that is!) so we will be lodging the application in person with her present also.

I sent for my police checks on 26/03/2010 so hoping they will come back to me soon and my medicals are booked for 09/04/2010 and 16/04/2010 so again fingers crossed nothing shows up as abnormal there and all goes to plan!

If anyone can give me any tips/advice about the interview itself I would appreciate it ! Thanks and good luck!
That seems to be moving along nicely for you and there's no need to get tense over the interview for they're generally low key affairs [ in Australia anyway, there having been some overseas testing cases ] and essentially an immigration officer will just want to ask questions to confirm what is in the application.
Have you checked the stick thread on interview questions?
What is the agents fee btw [ if you do not mind ] ?





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
That seems to be moving along nicely for you and there's no need to get tense over the interview for they're generally low key affairs [ in Australia anyway, there having been some overseas testing cases ] and essentially an immigration officer will just want to ask questions to confirm what is in the application.
Have you checked the stick thread on interview questions?
What is the agents fee btw [ if you do not mind ] ?
Hi Wanderer
First medical was last Fri and that went fine, go back this fri to hopefully pick up the envelope!
Busy trying to gather stat decs and write statements ourselves etc. We will be meeting the agent once more before the interview on 6th May.
Yep Ive checked out that sticky, every piece of info I can get my hands on is helpful!!
THe agent is charging $3000 plus GST. $500.00 plus GST up front as a deposit and the rest on the day of the interview or afterwards providing weve told her exactly when, she's very nice. I know its alot of money but I see it more as piece of mind and you cant put a price on that - at least I know I wont mess up the forms, because shes doing that for us.
The 6th of May is 4 days after my 6 month whv rule about employers ends so if its not granted there and then I may have some issues there...


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Please update your flag here .

Hiya
Still havent received my police clearance from Ireland yet... this is stressing me out. I now have 7 stat decs from my family/friends in Ireland and we have about 6 currently in the mill here in Australia... I have my passport photos taken and most of my evidence organised and ready to photocopy... Im starting to feel like things are falling into place but just a couple of things still to sort on my partners side of things, like letters from his accountant about him having his own business and letter from his solicitor confirming serperation dates from his ex-wife etc... these things are also stressing me out because we are relying on other people now... The interview date is the 6th of May so thats only a little over 2 weeks to go and in that time we also have to meet with our migration agent again... If you can see anything glaringly obvious that we are forgetting please let me know!!


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2010, 05:38 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinoz View Post
Hiya
Still havent received my police clearance from Ireland yet... this is stressing me out. I now have 7 stat decs from my family/friends in Ireland and we have about 6 currently in the mill here in Australia... I have my passport photos taken and most of my evidence organised and ready to photocopy... Im starting to feel like things are falling into place but just a couple of things still to sort on my partners side of things, like letters from his accountant about him having his own business and letter from his solicitor confirming serperation dates from his ex-wife etc... these things are also stressing me out because we are relying on other people now... The interview date is the 6th of May so thats only a little over 2 weeks to go and in that time we also have to meet with our migration agent again... If you can see anything glaringly obvious that we are forgetting please let me know!!
Just use the Immi Checklist and also have your own hit list on what you're waiting for.
Usually with things like the police check, if it is coming you can still go for your interview and the CO will probably say just provide it when it turns up.
Your partner ought to be able to get his accountsants and solicitors stuff OK.
And don't stress!





  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Just use the Immi Checklist and also have your own hit list on what you're waiting for.
Usually with things like the police check, if it is coming you can still go for your interview and the CO will probably say just provide it when it turns up.
Your partner ought to be able to get his accountsants and solicitors stuff OK.
And don't stress!
Thanks Wanderer! I think yesterday was just "one of those days" where I was worrying a bit too much. Im much better today, even though my migration agent has advised me that I should get a police cert from the uk because I lived there for 11 months. She says its best to be on the safe side to have it in the pipeline in case we are asked for it on the day of the interview. I wont be able to get it before then but like you said, if its on the way, it's better than not having applied for it at all... Still though, more money money money!!!


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2010, 06:29 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Yep immigrating is not exactly a cheap process.
You'll be better off at least than a chap from Northern Ireland who had never ever crossed the border but was being told by an immigration person over in NZ to get an Irish police check.
Immigration person may have been scheduled for a revisor in geography 101!





  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2010, 06:37 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Yep immigrating is not exactly a cheap process.
You'll be better off at least than a chap from Northern Ireland who had never ever crossed the border but was being told by an immigration person over in NZ to get an Irish police check.
Immigration person may have been scheduled for a revisor in geography 101!
Lol that immigration person definately needs a refresher in geography Ill keep you updated!
Actually I went to the bank today to get a pounds sterling money order to send with my application for police check in UK and they wouldnt accept just my drivers licence, they wanted my passport aswell.... for money laundering reasons.... I wouldnt get very far with 70 pounds sterling in the money laundering stakes!! THink I will start carrying my passport with me everywhere for the next few weeks as it seems Im using it nearly everyday between medicals, forms here and there, etc... Have my eye exam tomorrow - something every day!!! Thanks again


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting the ball rolling aspire New member introductions 2 07-28-2010 07:49 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com