What's the best way to collate documents

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

What's the best way to collate documents


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

What's the best way to collate documents

Hi everybody

I hope you can help me with this, I have started to collect my documents for De facto visa application, but at the moment I have many evidences like, e-mails, photos, presents, bills, gifts, cards ect but I do not really now how to present them to the CO, I was thinking to organise it in a kind of book using sheet protectors but I am not sure.

Can you give me any advise please????


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 29
Please update your flag here .

All the stuff i read said do not put in plastic folders, folders or anything like that. I sent mine as a pile of A4 papers as recommended by people here on the forum. I used dividers and paper clips to section up the papers into the sections as per the checklist so that there was some kind of format to it all. Then sent the huge pile of papers in an envelope to the embassy. I did put some loose things like cards etc into a ziplock bag but that was it. Photos etc i stuck onto A4 sheets of paper as well. Hope that helps.


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

138 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalamendoza View Post
Hi everybody

I hope you can help me with this, I have started to collect my documents for De facto visa application, but at the moment I have many evidences like, e-mails, photos, presents, bills, gifts, cards ect but I do not really now how to present them to the CO, I was thinking to organise it in a kind of book using sheet protectors but I am not sure.

Can you give me any advise please????
caledonia has described it much as is best and make good use of the applying for this visa section on Immi site, especially the Checklist.
And do not flood them with numerous items but concentrate on good documentation.





Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2010, 04:34 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

Uh, I am doing exactly the opposite, I am collecting in 3/4 different paper folder with details on the cover (e-mail, bank Statements & bills, tickets). Isn't it easier for the CO to find documentation?


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 895
Users Flag! From australia

88 likes received
1 likes given
Hi Squinty,

I have also heard what the others have said about not using plastic slips or ring binder/ folders. I think each CO could have a personal preference, but it's best to think from their point of view i.e. it's pretty annoying to have to pull documents out of plastic covers and put them back in over and over again. Also, giving them a big expandable file full of stuff may not be such a good idea either cause they have to lug it around the office.

It's important to put the document checklist on the front of your application, so just put the documents in the same order as the checklist and the CO should be able to follow. If you really want to divide it all, attach a cover page to the first document of each pile explaining what eveidence you have: evidence of joint finances, or evidence of committment to eachother etc.

When it comes time for me to help my partner with his application, I think we might just do as caledonia has done and just hold things together with paper clips, and put photos and smaller items in ziplock bags.


Last edited by aussiegirl; 04-21-2010 at 04:47 AM.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2010, 04:58 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

You've got a point aussiegirl, about the fact that it's annoying pull things in & out of plastic bags. I'm using single manila folder, just to have documents in place, but inside the folders documents are "loose".
Everything is inside a light plastic folder, 3-4 cm thick. I am going to apply in person at the Sydney Office, I won't need to send anything.

I've got 2 friends who applied for da facto visa and one of them went for the pile of documents divided by clip, and the other one for folders and her CO was so happy with that!

At the end it's all up to the mood of the CO!


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2010, 06:40 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

138 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by squinty View Post
You've got a point aussiegirl, about the fact that it's annoying pull things in & out of plastic bags. I'm using single manila folder, just to have documents in place, but inside the folders documents are "loose".
Everything is inside a light plastic folder, 3-4 cm thick. I am going to apply in person at the Sydney Office, I won't need to send anything.

I've got 2 friends who applied for da facto visa and one of them went for the pile of documents divided by clip, and the other one for folders and her CO was so happy with that!

At the end it's all up to the mood of the CO!
It'll in the end to some extent be up to the CO and best to make it easiest for them and you can do that by having the essential yet not superfluous info in order of the Checklist.

It may be that some revisions to Immi advice have seen removal of info re how to have applications presented for the following I could only find re skilled applications.
Quote:
The checklist is to assist you to lodge your application with the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre. Please:


secure your application together with a large clip and place in a large envelope

do not place your application in a binder, folder, or plastic sleeve
As for Lalamendoza
You'll find in advice re applying from overseas that some missions [ embassy/consulate Immi offices as they're called ] may have their own particular requirements and if in doubt to ask.

But in general terms, whilst Booklet #1 lists a whole heap of document types that can serve as evidence of a relationship and says that may not be the total of possibilities, it could also be considered superfluous to include information that merely duplicates support and that can include masses of emails and photos etc.

A look at the sticky thread on elkittens experience may help.





Last edited by Wanderer; 04-21-2010 at 09:38 AM.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From slovenia

3 likes received
2 likes given
On my checklist is written that "all documents must be accompanied by an explanation as to what each document is and how is relevant to your visa application. Related documents should be grouped together and where appropriate, dates of periods of time should be clearly marked on the documents."

I'll probably attach A4 explanation with a paper clip on every document and where appropriate use highlight marker for the dates on the document.

I'll have one folder for forms and documents (copies of passport, birth certificates), and the other for stat. decs and statements accompanied with all relevant documents, and then third one with letters, postcards, christmas cards...


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Wink Thank you

Thank you everybody for your help. I agree with you guys that it depends of the CO but I might end up using a folder dividing the documents with a big click in each section, I am gonna writte a small description of the documents attached..

Thank you everybody and wish me luck, we are planning to apply begining of Jun...


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by anais View Post
On my checklist is written that "all documents must be accompanied by an explanation as to what each document is and how is relevant to your visa application. Related documents should be grouped together and where appropriate, dates of periods of time should be clearly marked on the documents."

I'll probably attach A4 explanation with a paper clip on every document and where appropriate use highlight marker for the dates on the document.

I'll have one folder for forms and documents (copies of passport, birth certificates), and the other for stat. decs and statements accompanied with all relevant documents, and then third one with letters, postcards, christmas cards...
Anais when you say folders, you are using plastic holders..aren't you? or you are putting them into those folders with holes to put in the binder for each group of documents?


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Process and Documents to get 176 PR won_lek Visas and immigration 0 08-11-2010 02:19 AM
Certifying documents. MCB Visas and immigration 1 08-10-2010 12:18 PM
documents awgp Visas and immigration 1 04-23-2010 07:05 AM
What documents did you take to Oz?? silentbrodie Visas and immigration 2 11-04-2009 12:23 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com