Need help with Form 888 by Non-Australian's! - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree10Likes

Need help with Form 888 by Non-Australian's! - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by curious110 View Post

regarding these witness certifying, wether form 888 or blank piece of paper or personal statement by applicant and the fiance, do people who witness sign need to read what has been said or they just sign it?

thanks very much
You are applying for a pmv. As form 888 is not mandatory I would not bother myself with it. There is enough stuff to do as it is don't bother doing things you don't need too. We just used a stat dec or blank piece of paper for all of ours.

The witness does not read it they just witness the signature. However, they may not witness documents if they can't read English.


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 219
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
209 likes given
online form requires you to give all details including contact details of people who will write a supporting statement. is that only for australian ones?

can I just get the non-australians to write on a piece of paper and witness signed it and a copy of their id and attach them to application and dont worry about filling their name on the online application which asks for their details?

I mean would the case officer wanna see that atatched statements are matching the list we have provided details on the online form?
would they ask then for their contact details? or just throw in bin those statements that the writer's details havent been uploaded online?!

the online form actually specifically asks for 2 supporters, so I assume they mean the australian supporters! am I right? and we just attach the letters of non-asutralinas withough giving details and filing their details online!
thanks very much


Last edited by curious110; 03-08-2014 at 07:59 PM.

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by curious110 View Post
online form requires you to give all details including contact details of people who will write a supporting statement. is that only for australian ones?

can I just get the non-australians to write on a piece of paper and witness signed it and a copy of their id and attach them to application and dont worry about filling their name on the online application which asks for their details?

I mean would the case officer wanna see that atatched statements are matching the list we have provided details on the online form?
would they ask then for their contact details? or just throw in bin those statements that the writer's details havent been uploaded online?!

the online form actually specifically asks for 2 supporters, so I assume they mean the australian supporters! am I right? and we just attach the letters of non-asutralinas withough giving details and filing their details online!
thanks very much
We lodged via paper so was different for us.

If they want contact details for people writing statements that will be for everyone regardless of if they are in Australia or not.

Our non- Auatralians did not have to have their statements witnessed. Only the person making the statement signed it.

I would be giving details of everyone making statements. What it sounds like they want is 2 Australians as a minimum. Some people only submit 2 statements but being from a high risk country you should submit more than that. I think from memory we provided 13. Just remember the Australian does not have to have met your fiancee they just need to know about the relationship and say why they believe it to be genuine.

Hope that helps

curious110 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:40 PM
kangaroogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 656
Users Flag! From australia

162 likes received
35 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by curious110 View Post
online form requires you to give all details including contact details of people who will write a supporting statement. is that only for australian ones?

can I just get the non-australians to write on a piece of paper and witness signed it and a copy of their id and attach them to application and dont worry about filling their name on the online application which asks for their details?

I mean would the case officer wanna see that atatched statements are matching the list we have provided details on the online form?
would they ask then for their contact details? or just throw in bin those statements that the writer's details havent been uploaded online?!

the online form actually specifically asks for 2 supporters, so I assume they mean the australian supporters! am I right? and we just attach the letters of non-asutralinas withough giving details and filing their details online!
thanks very much
I'd put their details and have them all witnessed regardless of Australian or overseas, I think it adds more weight to the statement.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 219
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
209 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
We lodged via paper so was different for us.

Just remember the Australian does not have to have met your fiancee they just need to know about the relationship and say why they believe it to be genuine.

Hope that helps

thanks very much for your answer. but reagarding Austrtalian not have to have met my fiance, but then why in q 3 of form 888, it syays that:

"State how you know the applicant and the applicant's partner or fiance and indicate how often you have been in contact with them"

????

what you are saying is a great news to me since I can get so many of these to be done by the Australain friends, but so far I thought that they had to know her and be in contact with her as well! so do you reckon that as long as they know me and know I'm married and about my relationshiop, then they just answer qs 4 and that's it!!!! ( off course get it witness sign as well and copy of their ID)


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 219
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
209 likes given
do non-australians who are writing on a blank piece of paper have to written their statement by hand or can they just type then sign and witness it?


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by curious110 View Post

thanks very much for your answer. but reagarding Austrtalian not have to have met my fiance, but then why in q 3 of form 888, it syays that:

"State how you know the applicant and the applicant's partner or fiance and indicate how often you have been in contact with them"

????

what you are saying is a great news to me since I can get so many of these to be done by the Australain friends, but so far I thought that they had to know her and be in contact with her as well! so do you reckon that as long as they know me and know I'm married and about my relationshiop, then they just answer qs 4 and that's it!!!! ( off course get it witness sign as well and copy of their ID)
Are you married or not? If you are married and applying for the 309 you need the 888's if you are not married and applying for the 300 pmv you do not need the 888's.

We used stat decs for Australian's and no form 888. 6 Australian's provided stat decs and none of them had met my fiance as he could not get a tourist visa.

curious110 likes this.

  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by curious110 View Post
do non-australians who are writing on a blank piece of paper have to written their statement by hand or can they just type then sign and witness it?
Either is fine.

It may not need to be witnessed. In Egypt they don't have anyone that does witnessing so witnessing was not required.

curious110 likes this.

  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 219
Users Flag! From australia

15 likes received
209 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Are you married or not? If you are married and applying for the 309 you need the 888's if you are not married and applying for the 300 pmv you do not need the 888's.

We used stat decs for Australian's and no form 888. 6 Australian's provided stat decs and none of them had met my fiance as he could not get a tourist visa.
I'm applying for 300 Prospective Marriage visa off shore. are you sure we dont need to provide 888!!!! Im pretty sure supporting witness is still required for class 300


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by curious110 View Post

I'm applying for 300 Prospective Marriage visa off shore. are you sure we dont need to provide 888!!!! Im pretty sure supporting witness is still required for class 300
Not when we applied the form 888 wasn't required. It said it in the partner booklet from memory.

Supporting witnesses are required but they do not need a form 888 you just use a stat dec instead.

curious110 likes this.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
form 888 question huomento Visas and immigration 2 10-23-2013 12:48 AM
form 888 eleanor Visas and immigration 4 09-20-2013 09:41 PM
please help form 888 ghielyn Visas and immigration 5 08-21-2012 01:58 AM
Form 888 for PMV Dorcas Visas and immigration 1 08-08-2012 05:14 AM
Form 888 waichun Visas and immigration 4 01-18-2012 09:21 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:20 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com