Spouse visa problem

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Spouse visa problem


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Wink Spouse visa problem

Hello Everybody,

I look mainly for ppl who had the same experience or know something about the outcome. I was working cash in hand in Australia last year. Got caught at the airport and can't enter the country now for 3 years. My Australian partner ( we had a relationship before ) and I got married and we were sending off our application to Berlin. Still in process. They didn't make a decision yet. But does someone know my chances? My lawyer says ALL GOOD - But he gets paid for it to say that hahaha...If someone was going throught the same - what will maybe happen to me? Would be happy for answers

Thanks very much


Last edited by Libell; 05-05-2010 at 05:37 AM.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

138 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libell View Post
Hello Everybody,

I look mainly for ppl who had the same experience or know something about the outcome. I was working cash in hand in Australia last year. Got caught at the airport and can't enter the country now for 3 years. My Australian partner ( we had a relationship before ) and I got married and we were sending off our application to Berlin. Still in process. They didn't make a decision yet. But does someone know my chances? My lawyer says ALL GOOD - But he gets paid for it to say that hahaha...If someone was going throught the same - what will maybe happen to me? Would be happy for answers

Thanks very much
I have seen it claimed elsewhere that bans like the one you have are held over for partner visas and possibly other permanent residency applications.
If your application has been sent off, time will tell.
Are you from Holland and got sprung on attempting to return from islands on an ETA?





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I have seen it claimed elsewhere that bans like the one you have are held over for partner visas and possibly other permanent residency applications.
If your application has been sent off, time will tell.
Are you from Holland and got sprung on attempting to return from islands on an ETA?

No I'm from Germany. I was about to leave the country when it happen last year. So you mean that it doesn't make any difference if I'm married or not - i have to stay away for 3 years..!!??


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2010, 04:52 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

138 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libell View Post
No I'm from Germany. I was about to leave the country when it happen last year. So you mean that it doesn't make any difference if I'm married or not - i have to stay away for 3 years..!!??
No, by saying the ban will be held over I mean it would not be applied but as I say, that is only what I've seen claimed.
[ It is rather odd old english legalistic terminology still in use, better than saying overlooked for the ban will not be overlooked but looked at in the context of you applying for a partner visa ]

You'll learn soon enough if the application is to be rejected and please repost as all info is good info as far as future enquiries go.





Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Student Visa expiry problem Michael_cook3 Visas and immigration 2 05-29-2011 10:46 PM
visa problem max New member introductions 0 05-16-2011 08:15 PM
Help please! Visa expiring soon + Health problem + no appointments available nbanskota Visas and immigration 5 02-19-2011 01:17 PM
RE: Subclass 485 Visa Problem Help!!! supporter28 Visas and immigration 5 05-09-2010 12:10 PM
problem with multi visa applications?? wimo Visas and immigration 4 04-18-2010 08:36 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:42 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com