VC 857 Regional sponsored Migration Scheme(RSMS). - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

VC 857 Regional sponsored Migration Scheme(RSMS). - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

Thanks Wanderer,

I checked from the charges section and I noticed that payment need to be done from oversea. Can you advice to me how to make this payment.

You mentioned that I need to go out once the Visa is granted, how do I know when should I go out or book a ticket? How will I know that the Visa is about to be granted?


Geen


  #12 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

Just another question Wanderer..i've chek thru my employer nomination Form 1054 that they submitted and there is no indication of me applying onshore or offshore on their form but they do indicate that I am currently under dependant on my husband's 573student visa on the form. Will this information have any effect on my offshore application that I will submit?

Geen


  #13 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2010, 01:16 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geen View Post
Thanks Wanderer,

I checked from the charges section and I noticed that payment need to be done from oversea. Can you advice to me how to make this payment.

You mentioned that I need to go out once the Visa is granted, how do I know when should I go out or book a ticket? How will I know that the Visa is about to be granted?


Geen
I just had a look at a couple of Immi pages Geen and cannot see where it says you need to pay from overseas.
There is mention of how payments can be made in Australia for an application from abroad but quite specifically there is reference to payments for when you lodge in Australia.
If you follow the sequence of info/statements thus:
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)
Quote:
Note: Applicants who do not hold a qualifying visa can apply for the offshore RSMS visa (subclass 119) and lodge their application in Australia. However, applicants must be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.
Employer Sponsored Permanent Visa Charges
Quote:
1st instalment
If you are outside Australia when the visa is granted
$1705
and
How to Pay
re options.
It seems there is an $825 bonus for a visa that needs you to be outside Australia to be granted.

For knowing when you need to leave Australia for granting, how I have seen it reported happening in other situations is the CO will know from your application that you are applying for an offshore visa that needs you to be offshore for granting and yet you have given an Australian address, so when the visa grant is ready to be finalised, you'll be contacted so as you can make arrangements and they'll suggest that you advise them within usually 28 days of your intent to depart and then confirm in the last week before departing.
I have suggested to people that it also does not likely hurt to send in an email from the airport to confirm departure imminent.

I think what a CO likely does is access Immi's operational side computer system that logs all departures/arrivals for Australia and the computer will show you as having departed and then the visa can be granted.





Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geen View Post
Just another question Wanderer..i've chek thru my employer nomination Form 1054 that they submitted and there is no indication of me applying onshore or offshore on their form but they do indicate that I am currently under dependant on my husband's 573student visa on the form. Will this information have any effect on my offshore application that I will submit?

Geen
If you have a look at your application form, you'll see that be it onshore or offshore the employer does use the same nomination form and the nomination is about the position and not where the applicant is.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47es.pdf

You tick the offshore application box and that is what will indicate your situation as it needs to be.

Your visa situation they have nominated will just indicate that it is not a qualifying visa and the reason why you need to be applying for an offshore visa.

Question 4 on your application may tease you some for it asks what is the visa you hold [ if applying in Australia ] and in one sense it may be expected that it would be left blank for whilst you are lodging in Australia, it is in essence an application from outside of Australia.

You could put your dependant visa in there though to save any confusion, I'd make a call to Immi just to clarify on if you are lodging onshore for an offshore is that considered applying from offshore and if so, do you leave
Q4. blank.

Also note that your application form specifically says do not lodge until the employer nomination is submitted or you can submit them together.





  #15 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

Thanks again for ur info. Wanderer. About the 1st Installment payment, is payment upon lodging application or after the visa is granted? Confused on this...


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geen View Post
Thanks again for ur info. Wanderer. About the 1st Installment payment, is payment upon lodging application or after the visa is granted? Confused on this...
All visas require payment at the time the visa is lodged to be accepted.

First installments does confuse some people and thereference to a second installment is only for where you may have a partner and children who do not have what is considered functional english level, 4.5 on IELTS and so if you're including your husband and he is studying here, he will probably have that standard and didn't check myself but the application form probably refers to that.
He may need to do a test if he hasn't previously, it being a lot cheaper than the second installment.





  #17 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Hi,

I would like to ask for your assistance. I was about to lodge my visa application for GSM Subclass 175 last May 10 when DIAC suddenly suspended the acceptance of visa application for GSM. Today, DIAC released the new SOL. I feel so disappointed because my skill is no longer in the list (Computing Professional 2231-75 nec). I have taken my IELTS (7 on each module). It saddens me that after spending my money and effort for skills assessment and IELTS, I am no longer eligible for Skilled Independent Visa. The only visa option left for me is Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119) but I find it hard to find an employer who's willing to provide sponsorship for my profession. I already checked each state's website and they require Computing Professional with specialisation in some field such as Database, Network, etc. Can anyone help me please? I don't know what to do right now, I really want to migrate to Australia....


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelbie1124 View Post
Hi,

I would like to ask for your assistance. I was about to lodge my visa application for GSM Subclass 175 last May 10 when DIAC suddenly suspended the acceptance of visa application for GSM. Today, DIAC released the new SOL. I feel so disappointed because my skill is no longer in the list (Computing Professional 2231-75 nec). I have taken my IELTS (7 on each module). It saddens me that after spending my money and effort for skills assessment and IELTS, I am no longer eligible for Skilled Independent Visa. The only visa option left for me is Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119) but I find it hard to find an employer who's willing to provide sponsorship for my profession. I already checked each state's website and they require Computing Professional with specialisation in some field such as Database, Network, etc. Can anyone help me please? I don't know what to do right now, I really want to migrate to Australia....
Sorry for the typo, that was Computing Professional 2231-79 nec.


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelbie1124 View Post
Sorry for the typo, that was Computing Professional 2231-79 nec.
All I can suggest for you at this stage is to keep fingers crossed that the nec classification is still to be used by some of the states when they get State Migration Plans approved.





Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme badboyinc Visas and immigration 17 02-11-2011 08:52 AM
Regional Sponsored Skill Migration List..... kanchanaskj Visas and immigration 7 09-18-2010 02:43 AM
RSMS - Two Years Work in Regional Part BalaBala Visas and immigration 1 09-02-2010 08:38 AM
regional sponsored visa saaustralia Visas and immigration 1 06-11-2010 11:51 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:15 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com