Evidence of being in touch

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Evidence of being in touch


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24
Please update your flag here .

Evidence of being in touch

Hey all..

New to this forum, and am gathering so much imp info off it.. thanks !

I am putting together my appl for a spouse visa, and am offshore. Me and my husband use calling cards and so do not have the paper version of our call logs. The only call logs i can get is by printing it off the internet.

Does anyone have an idea if this will be accepted? I cannot get those certified, coz that itself is the original, however, since i only have a b/w printer, it prints that way.

Are call logs etc also required in the original? I guess the internet print out should work, but just want to confirm if someone has come across any situation like this.

Thanks guys... jeeeez.. putting together all this stuff is a herculean task..!


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2010, 03:02 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 895
Users Flag! From australia

88 likes received
1 likes given
Hey Annikka,

If you can only supply a print out off the net of the phone card records, then that has to be it I guess. I don't think bills need to be certified, and only 'official' docs like birth certs. should be. If you're worried about it not being accepted, you could write a statutory declaration explaining what is proof of and why you had to print it out.

If in doubt, contact DIAC or your nearest Australian embassy if you're abroad.and ask them directly about it.


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Being married, I imagine you have had time living together at some stage and it'll be more the documentation of you having a bonefide marriage together and supporting evidence of that which will be of more importance to your application than what indication of separation and calls to oneanother will be.

Print offs will be fine for that but can you document the reason for being apart too.





Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Being married, I imagine you have had time living together at some stage and it'll be more the documentation of you having a bonefide marriage together and supporting evidence of that which will be of more importance to your application than what indication of separation and calls to oneanother will be.

Print offs will be fine for that but can you document the reason for being apart too.
Hey..

I finally mailed in my application day before yesterday, but the same evening, I received my FBI clearance certificate. I am waiting for another PCC from another country, which I should get by 21 July. I am now in a dilemma. Should I mail in my FBI PCC to the embassy right now and then mail them the other PCC when I get that, or should I wait for the other PCC too and mail them together? I have not been assigned a case officer or havent even got a confirmation mail from the australian embassy, stating that they have received my application. I dont want to mail the PCCs one at a time, coz I fear that they may be lost internally at the embassy or something. However, the FBI PCC states that as of 28 June 2010, I do not have any police arrest records. I am wondering if the CO questions me later as to why did I keep the FBI certificate with me all this while (almost 3 weeks). What do you suggest?

Annikka


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikka View Post
Hey..

I finally mailed in my application day before yesterday, but the same evening, I received my FBI clearance certificate. I am waiting for another PCC from another country, which I should get by 21 July. I am now in a dilemma. Should I mail in my FBI PCC to the embassy right now and then mail them the other PCC when I get that, or should I wait for the other PCC too and mail them together? I have not been assigned a case officer or havent even got a confirmation mail from the australian embassy, stating that they have received my application. I dont want to mail the PCCs one at a time, coz I fear that they may be lost internally at the embassy or something. However, the FBI PCC states that as of 28 June 2010, I do not have any police arrest records. I am wondering if the CO questions me later as to why did I keep the FBI certificate with me all this while (almost 3 weeks). What do you suggest?

Annikka
I wouldn't expect that it'll make a huge difference though obviously they cannot make any full assessment until they have all documents.
Just to cover your concern of stuff getting lost, why not make a copy and get it certified and also send them in by registered post.
That way you'll at least have a record for postage, but though there has been the odd post on stuff lost, it is a rareity and you should be OK if in the US.





  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I wouldn't expect that it'll make a huge difference though obviously they cannot make any full assessment until they have all documents.
Just to cover your concern of stuff getting lost, why not make a copy and get it certified and also send them in by registered post.
That way you'll at least have a record for postage, but though there has been the odd post on stuff lost, it is a rareity and you should be OK if in the US.
Hey Wanderer,

I am more concerned about the document being lost somewhere internally within the embassy, if I mail them one at a time. I will surely get a few copies certified before I mail them in. If mailing the FBI doc a few weeks later would not make that big a difference, then I will probably wait to get the other PCC and mail them together. It will only be 15-16 days from the time I mailed in my application and going by the times taken at the Washington DC embassy, i dont expect them to assign me a CO in that time.

Thanks,
Annikka


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 895
Users Flag! From australia

88 likes received
1 likes given
Hi Annikka,

If they have received your documents, they should still give you some kind of file number, just in case such things happen. Even if you don't have a CO yet, you can still send them the documents, using your full details and the file number.

Could you go in and hand them documents to them in person? At least then you may be able to explain what's going on.

And yes, it's a very good idead to keep copies of all your documents, though you would only need cerified copies of important docs, like certificates and official records etc/


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Hi Annikka,

If they have received your documents, they should still give you some kind of file number, just in case such things happen. Even if you don't have a CO yet, you can still send them the documents, using your full details and the file number.

Could you go in and hand them documents to them in person? At least then you may be able to explain what's going on.

And yes, it's a very good idead to keep copies of all your documents, though you would only need cerified copies of important docs, like certificates and official records etc/
Hi aussiegirl..

Wow..That is news to me.. I didnt know they give a file number. They sure did receive my application, coz they already charged me on my credit card, but I havent got any reply from them. Do you know in how many days do they usually give the application number or anything of that sort? I cannot go there in person, coz the embassy is very far from where I am located. I shall wait for a few more days and if I still do not get the file number, then may be i'll give them a call and try to find out something if I can.

Will keep everyone posted..

Thanks..
Annikka


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 685
Users Flag! From australia

56 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
I am putting together my appl for a spouse visa, and am offshore. Me and my husband use calling cards and so do not have the paper version of our call logs. The only call logs i can get is by printing it off the internet.
Hmmm... When a few years ago me and my wife were separated (me in Australia, she in China), we provided printed e-mails. I didn't really have too many receipts for recharge cards and I couldn't present any billing document. I could only print out phone call history from Skype.

The way I presented a proof of my wife contacting me via SMS was to take a picture of my phone showing some of these messages. Not sure how DIMIA saw it but it seems to have been sufficient.


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 24
Please update your flag here .

Ooooo.. read the China visa post just now.. i met my husband online.. on a matrimonial site...more than 2 years ago.. and told the immi guys the truth... in our applications...worried worried now.. that they may have doubts about the validity of our relationship...


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Documentary Evidence foxy Visas and immigration 6 09-02-2013 01:28 PM
Best way to keep in touch? Andy21 Travel questions 11 08-03-2013 06:28 PM
Evidence for the 12 months de facto hellokimmi Visas and immigration 18 11-15-2011 01:56 AM
De facto: Enough evidence? GermanGirl Visas and immigration 5 10-05-2011 03:14 AM
Evidence of genuine relationship francesco_totti Visas and immigration 5 06-27-2011 10:10 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:26 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com