Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information

Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information (https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php)
-   Visas and immigration (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/)
-   -   Any ve-175 visa recently???????? (https://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/4360-any-ve-175-visa-recently.html)

undertaker 05-18-2010 08:27 PM

Any ve-175 visa recently????????
 
Hi

Its been over 3 months since i did my medicals & pccs which were requested by CO in Feb,2010 (Skilled -175-Civil Engineer offshore). Till now no response from CO . :(:(
I just want to know if anyone received any skilled 175 offshore visas these past couple of weeks or has DIAC reached its Quota's for this year? If so when will the next years quotas start being issued?:confused:

Appreciate your responses if anyone has received any visas pls keep updating the time frame thread.

Thanks in advance

ARC 05-18-2010 08:36 PM

I didn't knew there were Quota's. Are you sure about Quota's?

Wanderer 05-18-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undertaker (Post 14456)
Hi

Its been over 3 months since i did my medicals & pccs which were requested by CO in Feb,2010 (Skilled -175-Civil Engineer offshore). Till now no response from CO . :(:(
I just want to know if anyone received any skilled 175 offshore visas these past couple of weeks or has DIAC reached its Quota's for this year? If so when will the next years quotas start being issued?:confused:

Appreciate your responses if anyone has received any visas pls keep updating the time frame thread.

Thanks in advance

Even with all the changes that Immi staff are no doubt involved with to some extent three months does seem a long time from when you were asked to submit medicals/PCCs and I would check with the CO.
Have you been able to check online to see if receipt of the reports has been acknowledged for it is not unknown that medical reports have been known to be misplaced as they go to the medical people before notification to the actual application file.

If all is showing as being received or if not, I would still contact the CO in this instance.

And yes [ for ARC too ]
There are quotas or lets say an annual budget on immigration numbers and it does seem the application numbers have swelled in the latter part of this current financial year, hence one reason for the current suspension but I would not have thought that the annual budget number would have had too great an effect re undertaker's application situation.




undertaker 05-19-2010 07:23 PM

Thanks Wanderer for your advice. I have never spoken to anyone at DIAC before. Should I directly ask to speak to my CO (I dont have a direct no for her) or does one have to go through Customer service?

My medicals are shown as received.

Will appreciate your advice specially if anyone has had a telephone conversation with DIAC.

Thanks & regards

Wanderer 05-20-2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undertaker (Post 14527)
Thanks Wanderer for your advice. I have never spoken to anyone at DIAC before. Should I directly ask to speak to my CO (I dont have a direct no for her) or does one have to go through Customer service?

My medicals are shown as received.

Will appreciate your advice specially if anyone has had a telephone conversation with DIAC.

Thanks & regards

Unless a CO has given you a direct number and I do not think they will so as to lessen interruptions that their help lines/desks can probably deal with re general enquiries.
But seeing as they requested you to do the medicals and PCCs, was that via email or a letter for if the former, you may be able to email the CO.

If not you could try ringing and and when you get to an operator they may be able to put you through for a more specific enquiry and alternately, you could use the post lodgement enquiry service - Contact Us - Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Immi have been known to send out standard responses because of the numerous enquiries that started going in last year as lower priority occupation applicants realised they wre likely to be in for a longish wait.
Seeing as you're on the CSL and have been contacted by a CO, hopefully you'll get a better more detailed response.
If not, there is also what is referred to as the Global Feedback Unit and putting in a complaint there would not be inappropriate given the circumstances but hopefully it'll not come to that.
Contact Us – Compliments and Complaints – Department of Immigration and Citizenship




undertaker 05-28-2010 10:16 PM

Hi
Since we have problem calling from 1300 --------------from bangladesh we made a post lodgement enquiery and received the following email today.

'Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Your file is currently with your case officer for further processing. If your case officer requires any additional documentation/information to assist in the processing of your visa application they will contact you.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.'


Your thoughts and advice appreciated since its over 3 months after we submitted our medicals & PCCS.:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks & regards

Wanderer 05-29-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undertaker (Post 14876)
Hi
Since we have problem calling from 1300 --------------from bangladesh we made a post lodgement enquiery and received the following email today.

'Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Your file is currently with your case officer for further processing. If your case officer requires any additional documentation/information to assist in the processing of your visa application they will contact you.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.'


Your thoughts and advice appreciated since its over 3 months after we submitted our medicals & PCCS.:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks & regards

Contrary to what I posted earlier re the annual budget and not expecting that CSL applications with medicals/PCCs done a few months back would be affected, it could be that the numbers are up so much that have slowed the process rate until the end of the financial year, just a month away!
There'll also be quite a bit of staff involvement in getting organised to handle the new SOL, State Management Plans etc. of new changes also to take effect from July01.

So unfortunately, a bit of thumb twiddling and with luck you'll hear something by early in July if not sooner.





All times are GMT. The time now is 02:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com