New SOL - Questions? - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

New SOL - Questions? - Page 3


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Chris McGrath's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gold Coast Queensland
Posts: 14
Please update your flag here .

26 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by s003khs View Post
thanks, so my guess would be that this list will be implemented after july first along with the points.
The new SOL WILL come into effect on 1st July. The new points test is not ready yet, so we will continue to use the current points test until then. The new SOL is designed ONLY for GSM, so it will not look like the old ENSOL.

So we wait for the new points test, and the States lists.

Regards

__________________
Chris McGrath LLB
Migration Lawyer, MARN 0533457
www.mcgrathmigrationlawyers.com

  #22 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris McGrath View Post
The new SOL WILL come into effect on 1st July. The new points test is not ready yet, so we will continue to use the current points test until then. The new SOL is designed ONLY for GSM, so it will not look like the old ENSOL.

So we wait for the new points test, and the States lists.

Regards
Hi, Good to see some latest information about immi..

I would also like to know what is being done about already logged applications prior to 1st September, 2007. And specially for those who have got state sponsorships but visa application is not finalised yet.

please comment...


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmanbaigmirza View Post
Hi, Good to see some latest information about immi..

I would also like to know what is being done about already logged applications prior to 1st September, 2007. And specially for those who have got state sponsorships but visa application is not finalised yet.

please comment...
The information from Immi is always on the web site for those wanting to read it.
At this close date they have scheduled July01 for the new SOL implementation and we'll see what happens then for it'll not be the first time a scheduled date has not been achieved.

Likewise, you'll need to wait on Immi re their implementation of of pre September 2007 visa applications policy on capping and ceasing.
Legislation needs to be passed and if that gets held up with a possible early election, it is up in the air then what legislation gets passed and when.





Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
The information from Immi is always on the web site for those wanting to read it.
At this close date they have scheduled July01 for the new SOL implementation and we'll see what happens then for it'll not be the first time a scheduled date has not been achieved.

Likewise, you'll need to wait on Immi re their implementation of of pre September 2007 visa applications policy on capping and ceasing.
Legislation needs to be passed and if that gets held up with a possible early election, it is up in the air then what legislation gets passed and when.
Thanks for replying Wanderer. I have gone through the immi website and all the changes that tool place recently. But there was, unfortunately, no information about the already lodged application has been provided. Only for that reason I had to post my query here.

All the changes which are made in the legislation recently talk about the application which are being lodged on or after 8th May, 2010.

Anyhow please share this kind of information here if anyone is having the same case and have answer of my questions.

thank you again.


  #25 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2010, 02:31 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmanbaigmirza View Post
Thanks for replying Wanderer. I have gone through the immi website and all the changes that tool place recently. But there was, unfortunately, no information about the already lodged application has been provided. Only for that reason I had to post my query here.

All the changes which are made in the legislation recently talk about the application which are being lodged on or after 8th May, 2010.

Anyhow please share this kind of information here if anyone is having the same case and have answer of my questions.

thank you again.
On the home page Department of Immigration & Citizenship you'll find under News, reference to Capping Legislation.
And in th immigration section Visas, Immigration and Refugees you'll see the references to particular dated announcements, the policy re ceasing of older applications on 08February as part of processing priority from recall.
Edit: Under Changes actually - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...gsmchanges.pdf and then more detail @ http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...eseptember.pdf

If you're looking for further information, it'll not be available until Immi address it in more detail.

Immigration Officers do hold information sessions for Immigration Agents and though you could pay for an agents advice if you wanted to anything concrete will be released by Immi at the same time as agents are advised if not before as is the case with a lot of new policy decisions.

But we do get a little of track and please confine queries here to the new SOL and if you have other queries, another thread is appropriate.





Last edited by Wanderer; 06-18-2010 at 06:09 AM.

  #26 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Please update your flag here .

Asco code for mis

Hi,

I have finished my Masters in information system from CQU brisbane .I wanna apply for skill assessment from ACS, but i am very confused about ASCO code list.Can anyone help me out what occupation and what ASCO code will be for Masters in information system ?


  #27 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by preet View Post
Hi,

I have finished my Masters in information system from CQU brisbane .I wanna apply for skill assessment from ACS, but i am very confused about ASCO code list.Can anyone help me out what occupation and what ASCO code will be for Masters in information system ?
Codes be it for the new SOL/ANZSCO or old SOL/ASCO are in relation to an occupation and acs will have both qualifications and experience requirements to be met and so you need to determine what occupation your qualifications and experience are best matched to but this is not really a query for this thread.





Closed Thread

Tags
new sol - questions

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Defacto Visa questions,questions,questions!!!! fazz Visas and immigration 1 06-05-2010 04:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:02 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com