176 Visa not on SOL, Time Limit

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

176 Visa not on SOL, Time Limit


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18
Please update your flag here .

176 Visa not on SOL, Time Limit

Hai Folks....
My self Harry New to the Forum, Like All of you I also require your Help and advice.

I lodged 175 GSM visa on may 09 2009.
On Dec 04 2009 I ercieved Sponsorship from SA.
My Trade not listed in new SOL.

My case has not been rtansferd to CO.

Feling Tensed, Kindly help me in Knowing when can i Expect my Visa to be Finalised, Its already 1 year Completed.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4harry View Post
Hai Folks....
My self Harry New to the Forum, Like All of you I also require your Help and advice.

I lodged 175 GSM visa on may 09 2009.
On Dec 04 2009 I ercieved Sponsorship from SA.
My Trade not listed in new SOL.

My case has not been rtansferd to CO.

Feling Tensed, Kindly help me in Knowing when can i Expect my Visa to be Finalised, Its already 1 year Completed.
It really depends on what priority your application will have h4h and that would have depended on what the occupation is.
Forget the hairdressing but the situation may be applicable as described on http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-...-assessed.html





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

Dear Wanderer, its really good to have you kind of people here to help everyone out of the blind situations. I would like to know one thing about my visa. I posted it already in skilled independant visa -- time line thread. Details are as follows:

Date of application: Acknowledgment of application received by DIAC on 22nd August, 2007

Nationality: Pakistani

Trade/profession: Cook

Visa type: 175, now converted to 176(Application for State Sponsorship lodged on 7th September, 2009)

CSL, MODL or SOL: MODL

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: No

State Sponsorship: Approved on 21st May, 2010

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date visa granted: Not yet

above here are my details. Please let me know for my profession (cook) how much more time is required as its almost been 3 years now. At the start of this process I was of the view and it used to be 8-10 months to have the application finalized. I am so much worried about it. My profession was on MODL but neither on CSL nor new SOL. But my state sponsorship has been approved last month(date mentioned above).

Can you please let me know how much more time is left there yet, for which I have to wait as its already been 3 years almost.

One thing more which i want to share that on DIAC website I have gone through the procedure of priority processing and my profession comes at 4th number in priority processing and it was clearly mentioned that it will take maximum of 3 years to finalize the application. In coming August, 2010 its going to be 3 years, so what do you think, will my application be finalized by then or there is no time line for the application one has lodged?

Wanderer I would like you to enlighten us all about it. Thank you for your ongoing support.


Last edited by usmanbaigmirza; 06-02-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmanbaigmirza View Post
Dear Wanderer, its really good to have you kind of people here to help everyone out of the blind situations. I would like to know one thing about my visa. I posted it already in skilled independant visa -- time line thread. Details are as follows:

Date of application: Acknowledgment of application received by DIAC on 22nd August, 2007

Nationality: Pakistani

Trade/profession: Cook

Visa type: 175, now converted to 176(Application for State Sponsorship lodged on 7th September, 2009)

CSL, MODL or SOL: MODL

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: No

State Sponsorship: Approved on 21st May, 2010

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date visa granted: Not yet

above here are my details. Please let me know for my profession (cook) how much more time is required as its almost been 3 years now. At the start of this process I was of the view and it used to be 8-10 months to have the application finalized. I am so much worried about it. My profession was on MODL but neither on CSL nor new SOL. But my state sponsorship has been approved last month(date mentioned above).

Can you please let me know how much more time is left there yet, for which I have to wait as its already been 3 years almost.

One thing more which i want to share that on DIAC website I have gone through the procedure of priority processing and my profession comes at 4th number in priority processing and it was clearly mentioned that it will take maximum of 3 years to finalize the application. In coming August, 2010 its going to be 3 years, so what do you think, will my application be finalized by then or there is no time line for the application one has lodged?

Wanderer I would like you to enlighten us all about it. Thank you for your ongoing support.
I can only attempt to help people understand what Immi have in way of regulations from time to time and indeed with the environment of change that Oz Immi and the planet at large has been in over recent years there will be some situations that give less to look forward to than others.

Unfortunately in your case, you may find that your visa application could end up being grouped with those prior to 01September2007 [ was it a 136 btw at date you applied? ] , the Minister's announcement being applicable if so
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...eseptember.pdf
If there is a light on for you, it'll be that you obtained state sponsorship at a later date and that may be used.

Even so, I do find the Client Services Charter statement re three years somewhat optimistic and the periods quoted might still only need to be seen as indicative and without certainty.
I believe Immi should make some further clarification given the focus on priority of applications:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf





  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

Thank you Wanderer for the quickest reply. Yes, it was BN 136 when I applied.

You know its getting too impatient now to wait. Can you please guide me about what can be the fate of my application(in your view)?

And one thing more I would like to know that is it a positive node that I have got the state sponsorship from WA, so if capping and ceasing take place, would I still be affected as now State is sponsoring me.

Please elaborate.


Last edited by usmanbaigmirza; 06-03-2010 at 08:27 AM.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmanbaigmirza View Post
Thank you Wanderer for the quickest reply. Yes, it was BN 136 when I applied.

You know its getting too impatient now to wait. Can you please guide me about what can be the fate of my application(in your view)?

And one thing more I would like to know that is it a positive node that I have got the state sponsorship from WA, so if capping and ceasing take place, would I still be affected as now State is sponsoring me.

Please elaborate.
I'm no better placed than the next person looking at Immi regs and changes taking places to give you anything definite on the fate of your application.
Even to get an answer from Immi as to the date of application a visa is considered to have when it changes from a 175 to a 176 is not really possible and to come from a 136 is another factor.
I do not think it is so much that there may not be a definite policy in place re date of application allocations when sponsorships are involved but with the numbers of applications that can get affected if a type of decision is known to be made, then that can lead to flood of activity, in this case re sponsorships.
As I've stated, the best light on for you is that you do have the WA state sponsorship and so perhaps you're considered as having a176 application from a later date.
So it can only be hoped that happens for you.





Last edited by Wanderer; 06-03-2010 at 09:17 AM.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18
Please update your flag here .

Hi Folks..
Am Important Information...Australian States are trying to Make a State Migration PLan which will be Imtroduced in the mid of 2010..If our Occupation is Listed in that Plan..Our Priority will move to 2 in the Priority Processing List..


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

Thank you so much Wanderer and Harry for such useful information. I can just hope for the better now as it has been of so much disappointment for me. I could not plan anything since last 3 years as it was told that the immigration I was applying takes 8-10 months only.. Anyhow you too pray and let me pray too... Coz now its like a miracle that would happen...


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4harry View Post
Hi Folks..
Am Important Information...Australian States are trying to Make a State Migration PLan which will be Imtroduced in the mid of 2010..If our Occupation is Listed in that Plan..Our Priority will move to 2 in the Priority Processing List..

Dear Harry,

Can you please specify the scenario in case our occupation is not under SMP. What will happen to those who already got STATE SPONSORSHIP. Would they be finalized positively or will nowhere be classified so will be denied?

Please put some light on it also it is requested to Wanderer to please reply for this post in detail.


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmanbaigmirza View Post
Dear Harry,

Can you please specify the scenario in case our occupation is not under SMP. What will happen to those who already got STATE SPONSORSHIP. Would they be finalized positively or will nowhere be classified so will be denied?

Please put some light on it also it is requested to Wanderer to please reply for this post in detail.
There is no word yet on the SMPs and they cannot be annouced until the States have determined what they will seek approval of.
It also needs to be addressed by the States just how SMPs and Sponsorship lists dovetail together, that quite possibly being what is delaying announcement and even a possibility I imagine that SMPs and sponsorship are in future merged, more a decision for individual states than Immi who regardless of that outcome still process visas.
This is discussed more on http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-...questions.html , a sticky thread.

Meanwhile, there has been new legislation just put to parliament in respect to proposed capping of visas and one area that is likely to be addressed is where there are numerous applications based on occupations where demand is questionable.
Cooking is one such occupation.
Migration Amendment (Visa Capping) Bill 2010

There is also a couple of threads on the Capping legislation that I have merged and put in the Issues and Current Events section so as discussion on that aspect can occur separately to specific visas and immigration enquiries.
See http://www.australiaforum.com/issues...amendment.html

Unfortunately for those with the occupation of Cook Usman, other than a hope re SMPs the immediate future re immigration is not looking too bright.





Last edited by Wanderer; 06-05-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP ! WHV to Partner visa - work up to 6 months limit yichen Visas and immigration 3 08-20-2011 02:27 AM
Age limit eligibility Dhawal Visas and immigration 1 11-10-2010 04:07 PM
Time limit to take up residency? aspire Visas and immigration 1 07-27-2010 03:28 PM
eta visa limit snuggles Visas and immigration 1 06-25-2010 06:02 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com