PMV Approvals Vs. Refusals?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree4Likes

PMV Approvals Vs. Refusals?


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From libya

PMV Approvals Vs. Refusals?

Hello,

I am reading a lot about the PMV requirements in order to prepare my papers and apply at the Aus embassy in Cairo next month .. I have read a lot of different stories and some of them are scary and other are good which makes me so confused!

So I have 3 questions for now :-

1- Why does it take so long to hear the Refusal from the CO?
2- There's a person i found that he was CO for 4 years and now he works as Migration agent .. shall i deal with him?
3- What is the most strongest evidence that you believe the CO would like it and would make a huge difference?

Thank you all in advance for taking the time answering my questions.

Best,
Adam.


Last edited by adamhere2014; 01-03-2014 at 11:46 AM.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Are you Egyptian Adam?

From what I have seen some people get rejected around 6 months but others wait 10 or 11 months to get rejected. There is no set time. Though would be nice to know sooner rather than later.

In regards to evidence there is no one set piece of evidence that helps it is all the pieces together that paint a picture to build the big picture.

Feel free to PM. My fiance has just startes his 9th month of waiting. The biggest wait is waiting for the security checks to come back.


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From libya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Are you Egyptian Adam?

From what I have seen some people get rejected around 6 months but others wait 10 or 11 months to get rejected. There is no set time. Though would be nice to know sooner rather than later.

In regards to evidence there is no one set piece of evidence that helps it is all the pieces together that paint a picture to build the big picture.

Feel free to PM. My fiance has just startes his 9th month of waiting. The biggest wait is waiting for the security checks to come back.
Hi Mish, No i am not Egyptian i am from Libya thinking to apply via Cairo. Yes for sure i will contact you as i really need to understand everything before i apply.

You have been waiting for 9 months wow that's so long i really wish you get the visa soon.

Kind Regards.


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamhere2014 View Post

Hi Mish, No i am not Egyptian i am from Libya thinking to apply via Cairo. Yes for sure i will contact you as i really need to understand everything before i apply.

You have been waiting for 9 months wow that's so long i really wish you get the visa soon.

Kind Regards.
You don't have a choice where you apply it is where you are a resident. So if you are residing in Libya you have to lodge in Cairo.

Inshalla we get his visa soon . Just so you know processing time for the embasay in Cairo is 9-12 months.

So you know Cairo asks for a single certificate. I think it has to do with the fact that it is legal for men to have more than 1 wife there.


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
Users Flag! From libya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish View Post
You don't have a choice where you apply it is where you are a resident. So if you are residing in Libya you have to lodge in Cairo.

Inshalla we get his visa soon . Just so you know processing time for the embasay in Cairo is 9-12 months.

So you know Cairo asks for a single certificate. I think it has to do with the fact that it is legal for men to have more than 1 wife there.
Thanks Mish for your reply .. well i will be staying in Cairo for a year that's why i am thinking to apply from there!


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 509
Users Flag! From uk

449 likes received
57 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamhere2014 View Post
Hello,

I am reading a lot about the PMV requirements in order to prepare my papers and apply at the Aus embassy in Cairo next month .. I have read a lot of different stories and some of them are scary and other are good which makes me so confused!

So I have 3 questions for now :-

1- Why does it take so long to hear the Refusal from the CO?
2- There's a person i found that he was CO for 4 years and now he works as Migration agent .. shall i deal with him?
3- What is the most strongest evidence that you believe the CO would like it and would make a huge difference?

Thank you all in advance for taking the time answering my questions.

Best,
Adam.
Hi Adam,

Each case is different so there's always good or bad, easy or hard. We've found the case officers in Cairo to be nice people to deal with but they did start getting busy towards the end of last year.

1. The applications are queued so won't be assessed properly immediately. A case officer has to be sure that there is grounds for refusal first and they will generally give the applicant reasonable time to respond....This all takes a while.

2. Are they MARA registered? Do they have good reviews? Do you wan't to deal with him?

3. The application form! No one piece of evidence will make an application. You have to look at the regulations and supply documents that prove you meet them.

__________________
Adam Grey

Client Service Manager

QuickVisas - www.quickvisas.co.uk
Carman & Associates - www.carmanimmi.com.au

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Grey View Post

Hi Adam,

Each case is different so there's always good or bad, easy or hard. We've found the case officers in Cairo to be nice people to deal with but they did start getting busy towards the end of last year.

1. The applications are queued so won't be assessed properly immediately. A case officer has to be sure that there is grounds for refusal first and they will generally give the applicant reasonable time to respond....This all takes a while.

2. Are they MARA registered? Do they have good reviews? Do you wan't to deal with him?

3. The application form! No one piece of evidence will make an application. You have to look at the regulations and supply documents that prove you meet them.
Hi Adam

Have you any many dealings with Cairo in regards to partner applications? Any success stories? I haven't seen much success for people except for Moroccans.

Also when you say that they don't assess them till much later. Do they still interview the person before assessing or is interviewing done after the assess? Also do you think they would make you wait for the security check ie. 9, 10 or 11 months and then reject or would they reject early on?

We have provided everything for a genuine relationship and beyond but the bad stories scare me.


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 509
Users Flag! From uk

449 likes received
57 likes given
Yes Mish,we have had a couple of 309 partner applications for Egyptians there last year. One happy couple in Australia and one in process. I can't go into too much detail but we've found that interviews tend to be in the latter stages, there and in other embassies.

There's rarely any correspondence regarding security checks. It's just one of those things that can happen in the background and we only know about it when there's an issue or we enquire and the CO tells us.

Rejections can happen at any stage if they aren't satisfied that you meet the regulations, but it seems to me that there's usually an earlier basic assessment which probably establishes if there's anything glaringly missing or if there's any concerns, and then a thorough assessment later on. If they saw a blatant reason for rejection early on, I don't think they would wait around.

__________________
Adam Grey

Client Service Manager

QuickVisas - www.quickvisas.co.uk
Carman & Associates - www.carmanimmi.com.au

  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,213
Users Flag! From australia

3687 likes received
1175 likes given
Ahh thanks for that. My fiance had his interview early at the 4 month mark which seems to be about the norm for Egytpians or those based in Cairo.

What have you found the processing times are? We are currently at just over 9 months and another couple who applied for a pmv are at 11.5 months.


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 509
Users Flag! From uk

449 likes received
57 likes given
Successful one was 4/5 months, but that was being decided right when all the protests were happening. Since then it seems to have slowed down and they have commented that it's been a busy period and their current service standards are running at 9-12 months.

__________________
Adam Grey

Client Service Manager

QuickVisas - www.quickvisas.co.uk
Carman & Associates - www.carmanimmi.com.au

Closed Thread

Tags
cairo, pmv, visa

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washington, D.C. Approvals in Under 3 Months CollegeGirl Visas and immigration 13 10-21-2013 10:27 PM
Can old Visa refusals from other countries be a problem for obtaining 189 Visa najam Visas and immigration 8 01-15-2013 03:46 AM
47 SP Application Approvals Timing Belbon Visas and immigration 6 08-17-2011 09:54 AM
current timelines on visa approvals for South African mariav Visas and immigration 1 01-21-2010 10:09 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com