Medical Assessments - Page 9

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree75Likes

Medical Assessments - Page 9


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #81 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Users Flag! From australia

10 likes received
1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly87
Thanks for your quick response! No concerns were expressed or comments made during the appointment so I'm hoping that's a good sign! I haven't applied for the visa yet (will in 2 weeks) so I'm not sure if they even can send my results through to DIAC - they also indicated (at the first/paperwork counter) that they would send me *something* (a question along the lines of "is this the address we can send to?") and I was too nervous (needles) to be sharp enough to ask "Send what?"
Ahh that makes sense. We did our medicals a week after submitting the application. Good Luck!


  #82 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Apheria's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 49
Users Flag! From usa

6 likes received
76 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly87 View Post
Thanks for your quick response! No concerns were expressed or comments made during the appointment so I'm hoping that's a good sign! I haven't applied for the visa yet (will in 2 weeks) so I'm not sure if they even can send my results through to DIAC - they also indicated (at the first/paperwork counter) that they would send me *something* (a question along the lines of "is this the address we can send to?") and I was too nervous (needles) to be sharp enough to ask "Send what?"
Haha, you poor thing, as far as sending them in prior If you have them in hand it is best to wait till you have an acknowledgement of some sort from them they have your visa, I have read a couple horror stories on this forum even of DIAC misplacing them because they couldn't match them directly to a file since no visa had been submitted. Now some of those stories people later came back to say they after several weeks finally had them found and paired with their visa. Just sounds like to me it's not worth the haste and just mail them in with your application.

__________________

  #83 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Nelly87's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 831
Users Flag! From netherlands

390 likes received
189 likes given
Thanks guys! I shall leave the envelope closed (and stare at it lots, LOL). But I will be calling the clinic haha I DIDN'T LET YOU NEEDLE ME TO STAY IN THE DARK the visa is more important but I haven't been checked this thoroughly in a long time so I can't help but be curious!

Any estimate on how long it can take to get the results?

Apheria likes this.
__________________
From: The Netherlands
Visa Sub: 820 Partner Temp Onshore (De Facto)
Applied: 23 January 2013 (front loaded)
Application: Paper
Agent: No

Case Officer Assigned: 23 December 2013
Request for More Information: 19 May 2014
Requested Information: Australian Federal Police Check
Supplied on: 26 May 2014
Visa Granted: 4 June 2014


Permanent Stage Application: 22 January 2015
PERMANENT PARTNER (801) GRANTED ON 18 MAY 2015 - WE DID IT!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #84 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
bradsterusa's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canberra ACT Australia
Posts: 185
Users Flag! From usa

81 likes received
112 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to bradsterusa
I was a bit scared at the medical clinic they sent me to for my medicals, it was in a shady part of town, in an old run down building,...........the things we do for love LMFAO

__________________



  #85 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
kttykat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,377
Users Flag! From usa

513 likes received
218 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsterusa View Post
I was a bit scared at the medical clinic they sent me to for my medicals, it was in a shady part of town, in an old run down building,...........the things we do for love LMFAO
Where did you do yours? In Chicago? because I know when I went there I was shocked that they were panel doctors, I couldn't believe it!! I intend to say something to immigration about it but only after the grant of the visa as I don't want to bring them into question before that.

Kttykat




__________________

  #86 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 PM
bradsterusa's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canberra ACT Australia
Posts: 185
Users Flag! From usa

81 likes received
112 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to bradsterusa
Mine was in Miami Florida lol

__________________



  #87 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2013, 05:54 AM
Apheria's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 49
Users Flag! From usa

6 likes received
76 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly87 View Post
Thanks guys! I shall leave the envelope closed (and stare at it lots, LOL). But I will be calling the clinic haha I DIDN'T LET YOU NEEDLE ME TO STAY IN THE DARK the visa is more important but I haven't been checked this thoroughly in a long time so I can't help but be curious!

Any estimate on how long it can take to get the results?
Honestly they never gave me said "results" I think they only use them for information, if your healthy you will prob never hear anything about them. Only if there is an issue they need clarified or needs further testing will they let you know.

__________________

  #88 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 198
Users Flag! From australia

64 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttykat View Post
Where did you do yours? In Chicago? because I know when I went there I was shocked that they were panel doctors, I couldn't believe it!! I intend to say something to immigration about it but only after the grant of the visa as I don't want to bring them into question before that.

Kttykat
Please let DIAC know. They take feedback from applicants very seriously.
It's in the interest of all Australians that dodgy doctors or even the appearance of anything less than professional, is highlighted to the Australian government.

Apheria likes this.
__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #89 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 198
Users Flag! From australia

64 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly87 View Post
Thanks guys! I shall leave the envelope closed (and stare at it lots, LOL). But I will be calling the clinic haha I DIDN'T LET YOU NEEDLE ME TO STAY IN THE DARK the visa is more important but I haven't been checked this thoroughly in a long time so I can't help but be curious!

Any estimate on how long it can take to get the results?
Nelly, you will not know the results. You will have to repeat the medical checks for your own benefit.
The panel doctor normally sends the results directly to the DIAC office of the country you're applying through.
The only way you'll know that your checks were positive, is if your application is not approved.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #90 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Apheria's Avatar
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 49
Users Flag! From usa

6 likes received
76 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipg View Post
Please let DIAC know. They take feedback from applicants very seriously.
It's in the interest of all Australians that dodgy doctors or even the appearance of anything less than professional, is highlighted to the Australian government.
Might be a good idea, as I lived in Indiana, and there are no panel doctors there, I had to either go to Kentucky or Illinois. After Google mapping the Chicago doc, I made my appointment in Kentucky. It does look dodgy! Might be worth it to future peeps to let DIAC know that its in a less than favorable area.

__________________

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
character assessments veryfedup Visas and immigration 4 07-31-2011 09:43 PM
Engineering (Civil/Site) Assessments wee_squaw Visas and immigration 2 07-12-2011 11:22 AM
Medical Assessments........ cantwaittogohometooz Visas and immigration 0 04-29-2011 05:52 PM
ACS skills assessments & 885 visa foxfuz Visas and immigration 2 03-17-2011 07:30 AM
2 Assessments from 2 different authorities ? rackspace Visas and immigration 3 06-08-2010 01:57 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com