Ask Mark! - Page 548

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree180Likes

Ask Mark! - Page 548


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #5471 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 21
Users Flag! From india

2 likes received
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your previous advice here in the same thread. Now we decided, my wife will go for post graduation program instead of Advance diploma.

I have two questions:

1. Can my mother,father and grandfather provide financial sponsorship to my wife under streamline visa ?

2. Can a applicant have multiple financial sponsors ? Is it good or bad to have multiple financial sponsors ?

Thanks


Last edited by Rohan; 12-11-2014 at 10:02 PM.

  #5472 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 10:42 PM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,688
Users Flag! From australia

1444 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Zafraz -

Correct.

Best,

Mark


Quote:
Originally Posted by zafraz View Post
Hi Mark,

On the visa processing times, there is something on low risk and high risk based on ETA.

I am a Sri Lankan and my passport is machine readable and Sri Lanka itself issues ETA's for visitors (Online Visa Application). But in the Australian ETA website or immigration website does not list Sri Lanka as ETA eligible, so I fall under high risk category, is this correct.

Thanks,
Zafraz

__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz video show: http://coming2oz.com.au

  #5473 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 10:44 PM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,688
Users Flag! From australia

1444 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Bharat -

The old small business visas where you could own a business between $100k-$500k and get a PR visa from that were eliminated years ago; now self-sponsorship under 457 or 186/187 are all that remain generally for this sort of thing, however not easy to get self-sponsorship - lots of details to go through to make sure you have a good shot at the genuine position policy, etc. Suggest you get professional help in planning and lodging this sort of an application - happy to assist at a consultation if you'd like, see website below for link.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam



Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalo_fish View Post
Hi mark,

Thanks for helping me many times. I am in India and I wants to buy restaurant in ocenshore , nsw. Is it possible for me ? What r requirements and which visa to apply.

Thanks
Bharat

__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz video show: http://coming2oz.com.au

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #5474 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 10:53 PM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,688
Users Flag! From australia

1444 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Rohan -

For Streamlined Visa Processing, generally you only need to declare that you have access to sufficient funds - DIBP can, however, ask you for evidence of this if they want to. In such case, you need to show that you have access to sufficient funds, but under SVP there is no limitation that the funds may only come from one person, etc.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your previous advice here in the same thread. Now we decided, my wife will go for post graduation program instead of Advance diploma.

I have two questions:

1. Can my mother,father and grandfather provide financial sponsorship to my wife under streamline visa ?

2. Can a applicant have multiple financial sponsors ? Is it good or bad to have multiple financial sponsors ?

Thanks

__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz video show: http://coming2oz.com.au

  #5475 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From usa

189 Criminal History & Medical Exam ?'s

Hi Mark!

You are so generous to offer your expertise. THANK YOU!

I'm applying for my 189 and have 3 questions.

The California State Dept. says "some" countries require an additional certification that the signature is legit on my criminal history report, but wonít tell me which ones lol. Does AU require the document to be notarized "and" certified, or just notarized?

Should I get a medical exam and include all documents with my application for a faster decision vs. waiting for a CO to ask for it?

Iím already in AU, are there certain centers that provide this medical exam or can I go to any doctor? How does this work for foreigners?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

- Sherri


  #5476 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2014, 12:48 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Hi Mark:
I'm aplying for a 820 Sponsorship for a partners migration to Australia for the second time and I don't have the details of the privious sponsorship including the date the application was lodged for the privious sponsorship.
Do you know ware I can acsess this information?

Regards.
Giles.


  #5477 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2014, 04:53 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5
Users Flag! From australia

Hi Mark,

We're in a somewhat unique scenario. A job opportunity has come up for my partner on a leave of absence basis from his current position. He is fully contracted to return in 2020. It's a great opportunity for the both of us to live in some great parts of the world so we'd like to do it. My visa is a subclass 309, with a subclass 100 permanent partner visa in progress. Through our line of enquiry the immigration department have become aware of our intention and are now saying the requirement of 2 consecutive years within the 5 year visa needs to be proven or a refusal may occur. Does anyone have any experience in this? I'm trying to find out if we can withdraw our application for the subclass 100 but keep the 309 valid until we meet the 2 year requirement. We are clearly planning on returning, I have spent the last year obtaining my Australian Psychology registration which is now complete and my partner, as I said, is contracted to return to work in 2020. We don't want to let this opportunity pass us and we'd also like to avoid the costly, lengthy, stressful initial application process again. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks


  #5478 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2014, 05:03 AM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,688
Users Flag! From australia

1444 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Sherri -

Thanks for the kind words! Re: policy reports, a colour scan of the original is generally fine for online visa applications for Australia - just make a PDF from a colour scan (if multiple pages in the report, then combine into 1 multipage PDF) and upload with your application. No need for certification, etc if you're scanning an original.

You could get a medical check in advance if you'd like - would recommend doing this no more than 4 weeks before lodging. Assuming you are lodging online, go to your ImmiAccount (or open one if you have not) and under New Application button click "My Health Declarations" and follow the directions to generate a health referral letter. If in Australia you would need to use this letter to book a visa medical with BUPA Visa Medical Services (Welcome to Bupa Medical Services)


Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam


Quote:
Originally Posted by RedondoGirl View Post
Hi Mark!

You are so generous to offer your expertise. THANK YOU!

I'm applying for my 189 and have 3 questions.

The California State Dept. says "some" countries require an additional certification that the signature is legit on my criminal history report, but wonít tell me which ones lol. Does AU require the document to be notarized "and" certified, or just notarized?

Should I get a medical exam and include all documents with my application for a faster decision vs. waiting for a CO to ask for it?

Iím already in AU, are there certain centers that provide this medical exam or can I go to any doctor? How does this work for foreigners?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

- Sherri

__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz video show: http://coming2oz.com.au

  #5479 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2014, 05:09 AM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,688
Users Flag! From australia

1444 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Giles -

You could contact the Immigration Department (DIBP) to ask them if they can provide this to you, or alternatively include a note with your application that you were unable to obtain the details. If a visa was issued in relation to the previous sponsorship, do keep in mind the 5 year limitation before lodging another sponsorship that applies in these cases depending on the circumstances.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam


Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles View Post
Hi Mark:
I'm aplying for a 820 Sponsorship for a partners migration to Australia for the second time and I don't have the details of the privious sponsorship including the date the application was lodged for the privious sponsorship.
Do you know ware I can acsess this information?

Regards.
Giles.

__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz video show: http://coming2oz.com.au

  #5480 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2014, 05:13 AM
MarkNortham's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,688
Users Flag! From australia

1444 likes received
150 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to MarkNortham
Hi Spfh84 -

That information does not sound accurate. If they are referring to a Resident Return Visa, which you'd need to get to renew your re-entry rights if you re-enter more than 5 years after the subclass 100 visa is granted, the 2 years do not need to be consecutive, and there are other ways to get the re-entry rights renewed (for example, substantial employment tie to Australia at that time by your husband).

Assuming your husband is an Australian citizen, there is no residency requirement for the subclass 100 visa on your part.

You may want to book a consultation with a migration agent to go through this in detail to develop a better understanding of the regulations involved - happy to assist if you'd like, see link in my email signatur ebelow.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam



Quote:
Originally Posted by spfh84 View Post
Hi Mark,

We're in a somewhat unique scenario. A job opportunity has come up for my partner on a leave of absence basis from his current position. He is fully contracted to return in 2020. It's a great opportunity for the both of us to live in some great parts of the world so we'd like to do it. My visa is a subclass 309, with a subclass 100 permanent partner visa in progress. Through our line of enquiry the immigration department have become aware of our intention and are now saying the requirement of 2 consecutive years within the 5 year visa needs to be proven or a refusal may occur. Does anyone have any experience in this? I'm trying to find out if we can withdraw our application for the subclass 100 but keep the 309 valid until we meet the 2 year requirement. We are clearly planning on returning, I have spent the last year obtaining my Australian Psychology registration which is now complete and my partner, as I said, is contracted to return to work in 2020. We don't want to let this opportunity pass us and we'd also like to avoid the costly, lengthy, stressful initial application process again. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

__________________
Mark Northam
Immigration Lawyer and Registered Migration Agent

LLB, GradDipLaw, GradCertMigrLaw, BBA(Acctg) MARN 1175508
Northam Lawyers http://nlaw.com.au [email protected]
Co-Host, Coming 2 Oz video show: http://coming2oz.com.au

Closed Thread

Tags
183, 189, 190, 820/801 partner visa, 820/801 processing time, ask mark, austrailan immigration, australian citizenship, eligibility, time line and 801 &820 help

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ask Mark! farina Visas and immigration 13 02-09-2015 02:59 PM
Ask Mark 786guri Visas and immigration 2 08-11-2014 07:11 AM
Mark help please Jazz V Visas and immigration 0 06-02-2014 04:01 AM
help please mark eleanor Visas and immigration 30 06-27-2013 08:36 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:19 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com