Need advice on documents needed - Skilled Graduate Temporary visa (subclass 485)

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Need advice on documents needed - Skilled Graduate Temporary visa (subclass 485)


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2010, 05:54 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

Need advice on documents needed - Skilled Graduate Temporary visa (subclass 485)

I got somewhat confused reading explanations on DIAC website (all over the site, e.g. document check list, eligibility etc) regarding the supporting documents required for applying TR visa.

in particular i want to know whether these documents need to be prepared/sent:
- Police clearance from country of origin.
- copy of National ID card from country of origin.
- certified copy of birth certificate.

Does all the certified copy must be certified by a JP in Australia?


also i want to know which method will be better to use, Electronic lodgement (online) or Paper lodgement (send the application to Adelaide).

If using online method does it mean i have to scan all the supporting
documents (certified?) and upload them? (how about the document resolution size etc?).

another thing i want to know is, if we have not received the outcome of TRA skill assessment yet, would it be advisable to lodge the TR visa (subclass 485) first, or wait until got the skill assessment result?

My concern is that my current student visa will expire soon and I have not received the result from TRA skill assessment. Do you think it is better to
lodge the TR application now rather than waiting for TRA skill assessment outcome (by that time maybe my student visa has expired)?

I hope some people here who have applied would not mind to share their experience!

If you know what documents are actually required for applying TR visa could you please share?

Thanks a lot in advance!

caren.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by carenia View Post
I got somewhat confused reading explanations on DIAC website (all over the site, e.g. document check list, eligibility etc) regarding the supporting documents required for applying TR visa.

in particular i want to know whether these documents need to be prepared/sent:
- Police clearance from country of origin.
- copy of National ID card from country of origin.
- certified copy of birth certificate.

Does all the certified copy must be certified by a JP in Australia?


also i want to know which method will be better to use, Electronic lodgement (online) or Paper lodgement (send the application to Adelaide).

If using online method does it mean i have to scan all the supporting
documents (certified?) and upload them? (how about the document resolution size etc?).

another thing i want to know is, if we have not received the outcome of TRA skill assessment yet, would it be advisable to lodge the TR visa (subclass 485) first, or wait until got the skill assessment result?

My concern is that my current student visa will expire soon and I have not received the result from TRA skill assessment. Do you think it is better to
lodge the TR application now rather than waiting for TRA skill assessment outcome (by that time maybe my student visa has expired)?

I hope some people here who have applied would not mind to share their experience!

If you know what documents are actually required for applying TR visa could you please share?

Thanks a lot in advance!

caren.
You should be able to list your requirements from
Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 485)
and the links from Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485)
It will also help to use the applying for the visa section.
In general terms, for your own documents including a copy of passport ID page it is approriate to have a copy certified, whereas with documents like a character check you provide the original.
If you want to apply online, yes you will need to scan and upload documents and don't know if there is help on Attaching Documents to an eVisa Application but the process cannot be too difficult.





  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

Thanks Wanderer for the prompt reply!

Do you recommend lodging online application or paper application?

also tmy current student visa will expire soon and I have not received the result from TRA skill assessment. Do you think it is better to lodge the TR application now rather than waiting for TRA skill assessment outcome coz i worry that by that time maybe my student visa has expired?


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by carenia View Post
Thanks Wanderer for the prompt reply!

Do you recommend lodging online application or paper application?

also tmy current student visa will expire soon and I have not received the result from TRA skill assessment. Do you think it is better to lodge the TR application now rather than waiting for TRA skill assessment outcome coz i worry that by that time maybe my student visa has expired?
It is up to you whether you want to lodge online or not and thought Immi say the processing for them is better with online for less paperwork in an office, if you are uncomfortable with the process you can still do it by paper.
The first link above refers to applying while awaiting a TRA assessment.





  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8
Please update your flag here .

Hi again Wanderer,

I finally lodged the application online. I got an auto generated email acknoledging my submission and the grant of Bridging visa A.

However i still confused, in the email they mentioned about attaching some documents to the eVisa browser, e.g. form 80 and form 1221.

Do i need to fill in form 80 and form 1221 and then scan them and upload them?

also they request a receipt of the AFP check and the AFC check itself. I dont think we get a receipt from AFP, do we?

one more thing, it is also unclear from the email whether i need to undergo medical check now or booking number is enough at the moment.


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenia View Post
Hi again Wanderer,

I finally lodged the application online. I got an auto generated email acknoledging my submission and the grant of Bridging visa A.

However i still confused, in the email they mentioned about attaching some documents to the eVisa browser, e.g. form 80 and form 1221.

Do i need to fill in form 80 and form 1221 and then scan them and upload them?

also they request a receipt of the AFP check and the AFC check itself. I dont think we get a receipt from AFP, do we?

one more thing, it is also unclear from the email whether i need to undergo medical check now or booking number is enough at the moment.
I got an question, I am going to apply online, and I already scan my documents, do I need to certified all these document and then scan it again?


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by carenia View Post
Hi again Wanderer,

I finally lodged the application online. I got an auto generated email acknoledging my submission and the grant of Bridging visa A.

However i still confused, in the email they mentioned about attaching some documents to the eVisa browser, e.g. form 80 and form 1221.

Do i need to fill in form 80 and form 1221 and then scan them and upload them?

also they request a receipt of the AFP check and the AFC check itself. I dont think we get a receipt from AFP, do we?

one more thing, it is also unclear from the email whether i need to undergo medical check now or booking number is enough at the moment.
There's no point in just uploading a blank form eh! and if you have applied for a police check via the AFP and paid by credit card, you'll see that on an account and possibly get an acknowledgement email from the AFP.
If you submitted medical booking advice, there's a good chance that'll have been picked up and your medical will be forwarded by the MO when it is done.





Last edited by Wanderer; 09-01-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IELTS score for Subclass 476 Skilled Recognized Graduate Visa ichigo27 Visas and immigration 10 05-16-2013 12:21 AM
Urgent help with Skilled Graduate Temporary Visa subclass 485 supa5 Visas and immigration 1 02-07-2011 01:48 PM
Help with Skilled Graduate Visa 485 poojmittal Visas and immigration 1 09-10-2010 09:08 AM
Postgraduate Study in Australia & Visa 485 (Graduate (Temporary) visa) psgallag Visas and immigration 3 05-01-2010 11:50 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com