advice please...

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

advice please...

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2010, 02:20 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .

advice please...


Im not really sure where to start with this. I met my girlfriend online through a social networking site about 7 months ago, kinda odd i know but since we met we have basically left our skype video on 24/7. She lives in Austria and i live in South Australia. She will be coming to stay with me, at my place (im a part time employed/full time student) for a month in January and I will be travelling to Austria sometime mid next year to stay with her at her place for 3 months, longer if possible. She has 2 more years before she completes her degree so its likely i will visit again during that time.

Recently we have been discussing the idea of marriage, it started off as a joke when we first met but now its a future we are both realising could be likely. We are both trying to research this as much as possible but quite frankly i find it extremely overwhelming. I guess my need for advice comes from the fact that this is primarily a internet/long distance relationship and what forms of proof can we begins gathering/saving in order to provide satisfactory evidence of relationship. Im also concerned about sponsorship as i really have no idea of what is expected of me to be considered a suitable sponsor? Also, considering we havent lived togther would this cause any issues?

Sorry if this question is vague...just very confused and concerned right now.


Last edited by ajak; 08-11-2010 at 02:31 AM.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
If you have a look at eithr onshore or offshore partner visas via Family - Visas & Immigration you'll see under eligibility there's a requirement for a 12 months relationship and some CAQ under the link.
Marriage waives the 12 months requirement but you'll still need to show a relationship exists and so have a read of Booklet #1 which will also tell you about sponsorship.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urgent Advice .....Please Advice imrancrest Visas and immigration 0 04-28-2011 03:18 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.