Help needed regarding ACS assessment

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Help needed regarding ACS assessment

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2010, 05:17 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

Help needed regarding ACS assessment

Hi friends,
I am pursuing master of computer networking as and international student and graduating this October.
I have done bachelor of engineering in computer science from my native country..

I want to know that can my overseas degree affect the ACS assessment? Can I nominate an occupation based on my bachelor degree?

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
It is up to you which qualification you use to seek a qualification assessment.
You probably ought to check the ACS site info to see whether your bachelor qualification may be OK and if you'll be expected to have experience post graduation and then if you are doing this to proceed with an immigration application you'll also want to examine the eligibilty requirements for onshore/offshore application requirements.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Active Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11
Users Flag! From bangladesh

1 likes received
1 likes given
Once you finish your masters, you can use it and apply under group C. You do need your bachelor degree from your country.

Sponsored Links
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Active Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Please update your flag here .

Originally Posted by alien View Post
Once you finish your masters, you can use it and apply under group C. You do need your bachelor degree from your country.
Thank you very much..

I have degree certificate, official transcript as well as syllabus book of the units which I studied overseas..Is that alright? Thanx once again..

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Skills Assessment needed for July 2011? santuario Visas and immigration 1 05-17-2011 05:41 PM
Documents needed for skills assessment duncat Visas and immigration 0 04-12-2011 10:37 PM
Help needed regarding ACS skills assessment dj84 Visas and immigration 3 01-19-2011 11:58 PM
ACS Skills Assessment - help needed! passionfruit Visas and immigration 2 11-19-2009 03:12 PM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.