Bridging visa?

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Bridging visa?

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4
Please update your flag here .

Unhappy Bridging visa?

hey everyone

I am here in Australia on a WHV, which expires in aprox 7 days. My parents live here and have full residency. Recently, my mum has been diagnosed with Leukemia which has gradually gotten worse with her condition gradually decreasing, resulting in me moving home to help her out both financially and physically. Is there any type of visa/bridging visa that I can apply for to stay here to help look after her? I know I have left it to the last minute but we expected her to get better before I had to leave.


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
There's the remaining relative visa if you do not have other relatives outside Australia or the Carer visa, details on both @ Other Family Visa Options - Family Members - Migrants - Visas & Immigration
If you're not eligible for either of those and do not want to pay the fees involved, about the best you could do on short notice is to take the shortest trip out you can and apply for a tourist visa to re-enter on and if you have to do that and pick New Zealand do not leave it until the last day of your WHV for an airline will require you to have a flight out to a country where you have a right of entry to before they will allow you to board a flight for NZ.
You would need to fly there with at least a couple of WHV days left and then book a tourist visa on arrival, possibly needing to cancel your WHV before being able to do so.

Before you go to all that trouble though, do try and get into an Immi office and explain what the situation and that you know of some options for though you cannot normally apply onshore for a tourist visa to extend a WHV, they may have some sort of compassionate visa grant they can make for you.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From 457 to ENS with bridging visa aumelle Visas and immigration 7 10-29-2013 03:38 PM
Bridging Visa Mintoo Visas and immigration 5 12-07-2012 07:34 PM
Bridging visa eddie_indeed Visas and immigration 3 10-26-2011 03:10 AM
Bridging visa help! James&Jenny Visas and immigration 5 09-09-2011 11:29 AM
Bridging Visa A Shumway Visas and immigration 4 06-18-2010 02:00 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.