Evisitor Visa - 3 months stay issue

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Evisitor Visa - 3 months stay issue


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Evisitor Visa - 3 months stay issue

Dear all,
I have a question about the evisitor visa.

I've applied and was granted an evisitor and in notification email I found 2 paragraphs that are a bit confusing.
First, they say that I have "AUTHORITY TO STAY IN AUSTRALIA for a period of 3 Months" and afterwards that "eVisitor allows you to travel to and from Australia any number of times over the next 12 months. On each visit to Australia you can stay for a maximum of three (3) months."

Does this mean that I can stay 3 months than leave the country for 1 week or so (?) and than come back for another 3 months and so on until the 1 year is over?

I have received the answer for more than 1 month now but only today, going through the email again I noticed this "on each visit" line...

Cheers,
Cireshka


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2010, 03:18 PM
res res is offline
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Please update your flag here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cireshka View Post
Dear all,
I have a question about the evisitor visa.

I've applied and was granted an evisitor and in notification email I found 2 paragraphs that are a bit confusing.
First, they say that I have "AUTHORITY TO STAY IN AUSTRALIA for a period of 3 Months" and afterwards that "eVisitor allows you to travel to and from Australia any number of times over the next 12 months. On each visit to Australia you can stay for a maximum of three (3) months."

Does this mean that I can stay 3 months than leave the country for 1 week or so (?) and than come back for another 3 months and so on until the 1 year is over?

I have received the answer for more than 1 month now but only today, going through the email again I noticed this "on each visit" line...

Cheers,
Cireshka
Yes from my understanding you are permitted to stay in Australia for upto 3 months at any one time. I am travelling back to Australia on this visa next month and my case officer has advised that I m permitted to stay for a maximum of 3 months per entry time.
When the 3 months is up you may travel to New Zealand (or any country!) for a minimum of 3 business days and then re-enter.
Re-entering will give you a further 3 months and so on - up to a maximum stay of a year.
I hope this answers your question!


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
Yes from my understanding you are permitted to stay in Australia for upto 3 months at any one time. I am travelling back to Australia on this visa next month and my case officer has advised that I m permitted to stay for a maximum of 3 months per entry time.
When the 3 months is up you may travel to New Zealand (or any country!) for a minimum of 3 business days and then re-enter.
Re-entering will give you a further 3 months and so on - up to a maximum stay of a year.
I hope this answers your question!
Yep, this answers my question!

Thank you!


Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 685
Users Flag! From australia

56 likes received
1 likes given
Yes, if you leave Australia and then enter it again within that 12 month period, you will be able to stay here for another 3 months.


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
It does seem that you can do that and with the people from the UK/EU having an ETA application default to the eVisa that would seem to be consistent with what the eVisa provides, ie, the ETA conditions.





  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2011, 03:21 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
does anyone know if it is possibile to apply for a defacto visa when u hold an eVisitor visa


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2011, 05:50 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieburke83 View Post
does anyone know if it is possibile to apply for a defacto visa when u hold an eVisitor visa
Hi Marieburke83,
Yes, you can apply for the Partner Visa (De Facto) while you are on the eVisitor. Once you put in your application (while you are inside Australia), you will still be on your eVisitor visa and after that expires (in 3 months after entering the country), you will be automatically put on a Bridging Visa A, until your De Facto application is resolved. The visa fee is quite high though - around $2600 and you will have to pay it when you submit your application.
Good luck with the paperwork.
Cheers,
Cireshka


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 17
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
thanks cireshka.. did u have 2 have a return ticket on entering australia for 3months.. sry the website is not very clear


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13
Please update your flag here .

3 likes received
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieburke83 View Post
thanks cireshka.. did u have 2 have a return ticket on entering australia for 3months.. sry the website is not very clear
I think it is important to have a return ticket when you apply for the eVisitor visa. Once you have applied for the partner visa it doesn't matter any longer, since the whole process can take longer than 1 year and you will probably lose your return flight.
I did have a return flight when I entered Australia, for two main reasons -
the price difference between 1 way and return is very small and at the time I didn't know I would be staying here for longer.
Good luck,
Cireshka


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brussels
Posts: 10
Users Flag! From spain

1 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cireshka View Post
I think it is important to have a return ticket when you apply for the eVisitor visa. Once you have applied for the partner visa it doesn't matter any longer, since the whole process can take longer than 1 year and you will probably lose your return flight.
I did have a return flight when I entered Australia, for two main reasons -
the price difference between 1 way and return is very small and at the time I didn't know I would be staying here for longer.
Good luck,
Cireshka
Good morning Cireshka,

I just saw your answer, thank you very much. Like many I am in the same situation, holding an evisitor and willing to aplly for a defacto. I am pleased to read your answer coz the immigration agent I had over the phone told me that I should be waiting the end of the evisitor (granted for 1 year) before being under the bridging visa.

Could you let me know if we can then submit a work permission ?

Thanks a lot,
Malex


Closed Thread

Tags
3 months, evisitor, multiple entries

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skilled Independant Visa - working for 12 months in last 24 months gymbum Visas and immigration 1 05-31-2011 06:59 PM
Asking for info re.Spousal Visa for Evisitor I have married alinyarra Visas and immigration 1 05-06-2011 02:47 AM
applying for visa while holding eVisitor visa marieburke83 Visas and immigration 2 05-01-2011 07:43 PM
3 month stay -- calculated on calendar months? missfeefa Visas and immigration 3 02-05-2011 04:58 AM
URGENT - Evisitor whilst waiting for Partner Visa to process cosbo Visas and immigration 1 08-19-2010 03:34 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com