Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.


Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1
Please update your flag here .


Hi, I recently sponsored my husband to Australia and we are having marital problems. he has physically and emotionally abused me for a few years now and i want to deport him.

is it easy to deport and will it happen immediately? or will my husband be able to challenge the deportation and seek asylum.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Skydancer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gold Coast, QLD
Posts: 206
Users Flag! From australia

8 likes received
26 likes given
Hi Eurosian

Sorry to hear of your problems. You say that you have recently sponsored your husband to come here, but he has been abusing you pysically and emotionally for a few years. It may have been wiser to get rid of him instead of sponsoring him.

Sorry, I don't have the answers. Someone will come along shortly no doubt who can give you some info.

I just wanted to wish you well and encourage you to contact one of the many women's helplines where you can get immediate confidential assistance. Please don' wait for your husband's "deportation" to get peace.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 64
Please update your flag here .

2 likes received
Very sorry to hear that you have been abused. I completely agree with Skydancer that you should seek support through a help line.
As for the deportation, if your partner is still only on a temporary residency you can report to immigration that the relationship has ceased and I would imagine they will take pretty quick action. If he already has permanent residency i'm not sure what they would do. I think it's best that you call immigration immediately. If you can't do so from your home with him around try to do so at the home of a family member or other trusted person.

Stay strong.... no woman should put up with domestic abuse, it's fantastic that you're going to do something about it.

Best wishes,

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Defacto Visa + Deportation xomox Visas and immigration 4 06-28-2011 06:23 AM
deportation or a warning??? bels Visas and immigration 3 02-06-2011 12:45 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.