Partner visa question in regards to financial support help? - Page 2

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree21Likes

Partner visa question in regards to financial support help? - Page 2


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:40 AM
kangaroogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 656
Users Flag! From australia

162 likes received
35 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
Hey Starhunter and kangaroo girl, thanks for the answer!

Wow.......it seems I'm having different answers from different poeple!! Like the person who is going to my marriage celebrant adviced me for my partner to get the partner visa here when she is here for holiday. And another few don't recommend me to do the PMV because they said even its within 9 months, it takes so long according to their experience and more dragging or something so its much easier to do it onshore i.e. get married here, then apply for onshore partner visa. But now, you tell me this, I really have to reconsider again before making the next step! And yeah, China is not a high risk country. I also heard different answers about finanical issue (from forums, a few different migrant agents) is that its not important for as long as the relationship is geninue as well but then again, Star Hunter stated the 4 categories MUST be met including financial, social, mutual commitment and nature of household so that what worries me here as I know the other 3 categories are satisified.

And in regards to living together, yes, we haven't really lived together before in the past few years. Only lived together as....travelling together (probably travelled 10 times during the past few years), stayed each other's place at occassion time so its not really a de facto relationship, so I am not sure if this will affect on the outcome as well =(

So you are saying partner visa (even after married) is for those who can proove that we have lived together for at least 12 months? And if not, this is not the right one for us to apply?

Cheers
No, there isn't a 12 month requirement for living together if you're married, but being married does not remove the nessecity to provide evidence in all those categories mentioned.

The financial category is not about proving how much money you make, it's about proving that you and your spouse share finances. If you're not living together and never have, it's very hard to do that.

The PMV doesn't require you to show all of that evidence that you need for the other visa, so it is more realistic considering you've never lived together.

You've said you don't intend on getting married for quite a while so there is no "dragging out" anything, it actually seems to fit your timelines quite well. By the time you're wanting to marry the PMV could be processed and approved, going by when you said you want to get married.

All applications take a long time. There is no quick way.

She could apply for a tourist visa to come here like you seem to want us to tell you to do, but she might very well have a "no further stay" condition applied which would rule out applying from within Australia.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2014, 03:53 AM
kangaroogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 656
Users Flag! From australia

162 likes received
35 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
And yeah, China is not a high risk country.
I believe you are incorrect there. I'm looking it up but I think it *is* a high risk country.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2014, 04:05 AM
kangaroogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 656
Users Flag! From australia

162 likes received
35 likes given
Yes, it is high risk.

The immigration website states that the definition of a high- risk country is one that is not eligible for an ETA.

Here is the list of ETA eligible countries. China is not listed, sorry.

More details and definition given here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/5.0.htm


Partner visa question in regards to financial support help?-forumrunner_20140317_140448.jpg

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Last edited by kangaroogirl; 03-17-2014 at 06:13 AM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2014, 04:17 AM
Star Hunter's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 575
Users Flag! From australia

459 likes received
475 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
Hey Starhunter and kangaroo girl, thanks for the answer!

Wow.......it seems I'm having different answers from different poeple!! Like the person who is going to my marriage celebrant adviced me for my partner to get the partner visa here when she is here for holiday. And another few don't recommend me to do the PMV because they said even its within 9 months, it is troublesome and takes so long to be approved according to their experience so its much easier and faster to do it onshore i.e. get married here, then apply for onshore partner visa. But now, you tell me this, I really have to reconsider again before making the next important step! And yeah, China is not a high risk country. I also heard different answers about finanical issue (from forums, a few different migrant agents) is that its not important for as long as the relationship is geninue as well but then again, Star Hunter stated the 4 categories MUST be met including financial, social, mutual commitment and nature of household so that what worries me here as I know the other 3 categories are satisified.

And in regards to living together, yes, we haven't really lived together before in the past few years. Only lived together as....travelling together (probably travelled 10 times during the past few years), stayed each other's place at occassion time so its not really a de facto relationship, so I am not sure if this will affect on the outcome as well =(

So you are saying partner visa (even after married) is for those who can proove that we have lived together for at least 12 months? And if not, this is not the right one for us to apply?

Cheers
See, I think whoever advised you against the PMV is either misinformed, or they have their own interests in recommending the partner visa over the PMV in your case.

The partner visa is by no means "quick" with processing times for the United States sitting at around 12-18 months before approval. A PMV may very well take less time than an onshore partner visa.

No, if you are married you do not have to have lived together for 12 months since marriage waives the minimum cohabitation requirement, however, the amount of evidence that you need to provide is just not easily obtained without some cohabitation - a minimum is often recommended on here as 3 months, and I would actually suggest it to be closer to 5 months as a minimum.

You say you have three of the criteria met, and only need the financial aspects, but you say you haven't lived together and that's what "nature of household" essentially is. You need to prove you have established a household together - that you live together, prepare meals, do chores together etc. you need to produce things like joint leases and utility bills, mail addressed to both of you together or separately at the same address, visiting the same doctor, etc etc. Evidence that you conduct your day to day lives as a married couple, not just a couple who is dating or courting. You need to prove that your lives are enmeshed with one another to the exclusion of all others.

In my opinion you just cannot prove that criteria without living together for a while and establishing that "household". Travelling together is not really the same as putting down roots together - even platonic friends travel together.

The partner visa is really much more complex than I think you realise and whomever gave you the impression that is was simple or easy, is misinformed.

Please do you more research on your options because partner visas are now costing over $4,500 and you don't get any of that refunded if you apply for the wrong visa or don't get approved because of lack of evidence.

I'm wishing you the best of luck! It's a painful process that I wish no one had to experience xxxx

ETA: just saw that China is indeed a high risk country (I thought it was) so that means you will be required to produce bucket loads of evidence and won't get away with an application that isn't completely air-tight. Also as mentioned, the financial aspects have nothing to do with your income, but that you share finances like a married couple - joint bank accounts, joint bills, giving each other money or buying each other necessary essentials or otherwise providing financially for one another. Unless you have a LOT of evidence of money transfers to one another, and proof that you are paying for her living expenses in China (or she is paying for yours here) then you won't be able to provide enough evidence to satisfy that criteria without living together.

__________________
I'm the Australian wife, in love with the American dream!

820 partner visa, applied onshore January 3, 2014. Approved September 8, 2014.

Sending love and light and my best wishes to all the lovebirds just trying to make their dreams come true xxxx

Last edited by Star Hunter; 03-17-2014 at 04:23 AM.

  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2014, 06:01 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
To CollegeGirl

I actually just looked at your other thread in:

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-...d-i-apply.html

And indeed it perfect suits my case!! I am planning ot do that probably without migrantion agent in confidence then since that doesn't require the finanical part!

However, just another question I would like to ask

As you said in the another thread, you stated after PMV, you still need to apply for Partner Visa. So does it mean.....after her PMV is granted and married in Australia, its better to APPLY partner visa onshore 1 year later so that we live together in Australia, then therefore we can supply evidence that we live together, have joint account or even have baby even the finanical part may not be concern?

I am a bit confused if doing PMV and then to Partner Visa is actually an extra stage\step or it can give you a choice as like I said, after marriage, you can live for 1 year togetehr and apply Partner Visa with high chance of getting approved rather than my original intention i.e. my partner coming to Australia, get married in registry, then apply Partner Visa a week later etc

Cheers


  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2014, 06:19 AM
Star Hunter's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 575
Users Flag! From australia

459 likes received
475 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
To CollegeGirl

I actually just looked at your other thread in:

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-...d-i-apply.html

And indeed it perfect suits my case!! I am planning ot do that probably without migrantion agent in confidence then since that doesn't require the finanical part!

However, just another question I would like to ask

As you said in the another thread, you stated after PMV, you still need to apply for Partner Visa. So does it mean.....after her PMV is granted and married in Australia, its better to APPLY partner visa onshore 1 year later so that we live together in Australia, then therefore we can supply evidence that we live together, have joint account or even have baby even the finanical part may not be concern?

I am a bit confused if doing PMV and then to Partner Visa is actually an extra stage\step or it can give you a choice as like I said, after marriage, you can live for 1 year togetehr and apply Partner Visa with high chance of getting approved rather than my original intention i.e. my partner coming to Australia, get married in registry, then apply Partner Visa a week later etc

Cheers
With the PMV you have nine months in which to get married and apply for the partner visa - that nine months is from visa grant.

You cannot stay in Australia indefinitely on the PMV but t it should definitely give you enough time living together to acquire the financial evidence that you need.

You are required to apply for the 820 partner visa, just to make sure that is clarified, as the PMV itself does not grant you permanent residency - it's essentially an extra step to help those who can't apply for the partner visa outright. It's like a "bridge" in a sense

Hope that helps clarify matters a bit for you.

__________________
I'm the Australian wife, in love with the American dream!

820 partner visa, applied onshore January 3, 2014. Approved September 8, 2014.

Sending love and light and my best wishes to all the lovebirds just trying to make their dreams come true xxxx

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2014, 06:26 AM
kangaroogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 656
Users Flag! From australia

162 likes received
35 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
To CollegeGirl

I actually just looked at your other thread in:

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-...d-i-apply.html

And indeed it perfect suits my case!! I am planning ot do that probably without migrantion agent in confidence then since that doesn't require the finanical part!

However, just another question I would like to ask

As you said in the another thread, you stated after PMV, you still need to apply for Partner Visa. So does it mean.....after her PMV is granted and married in Australia, its better to APPLY partner visa onshore 1 year later so that we live together in Australia, then therefore we can supply evidence that we live together, have joint account or even have baby even the finanical part may not be concern?

I am a bit confused if doing PMV and then to Partner Visa is actually an extra stage\step or it can give you a choice as like I said, after marriage, you can live for 1 year togetehr and apply Partner Visa with high chance of getting approved rather than my original intention i.e. my partner coming to Australia, get married in registry, then apply Partner Visa a week later etc

Cheers
I'm not CollegeGirl but I'll answer you anyway. The PMV allows your partner to come to Australia to marry you. You must marry within 9 months.

Once you are married, you apply for the second part onshore, that's the 820.

It allows you time between now and then to build the evidence you need, and live together before applying for the 820.

I really think you need to visit the immigration website and study the visa information, it is all listed there.

Here: https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/300.aspx

Click through every section and it explains how it works.

Also, you need to read the partner migration booklet :

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm

This explains how the process works and the evidence you need. Whatever way you choose, financial aspects MUST be addressed in the 820 application. You need to be financially committed to eachother, there's no way around it.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2014, 06:26 AM
kangaroogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 656
Users Flag! From australia

162 likes received
35 likes given
Ah you beat me star, slow typer here :P

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2014, 06:27 AM
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
Users Flag! From australia

1 likes received
To Star Hunter

Thanks for the answers, they are helpful!!

No worries even its a high risk country, we have a lot of evidence to support it such as the Engagement party videos\photos, travel pictures and we even had the Marriage Celebrant signed for Intend to Marriage so therefore,we are confident its gonna be approved due to stack of evidence!

Haha, a 9month bridging visa eh? I get it. But with PMV, say........we are getting married end of the year in Dec in Aus, and we apply PMV now, when it is successfully granted and she comes here in Dec, she can stay here for 9 months up to August 2015 that we live together and then apply Partner Visa on the last day of PMV even we missed out 12 months of living together as required or?

And as by then, when we have completed the PMV and apply Partner Visa, does it kinda cut alot of steps than those who skipped PMV and apply Partner Visa directly?

Thanks again!


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2014, 06:35 AM
kangaroogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 656
Users Flag! From australia

162 likes received
35 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike88 View Post
To Star Hunter

Thanks for the answers, they are helpful!!

No worries even its a high risk country, we have a lot of evidence to support it such as the Engagement party videos\photos, travel pictures and we even had the Marriage Celebrant signed for Intend to Marriage so therefore,we are confident its gonna be approved due to stack of evidence!

Haha, a 9month bridging visa eh? I get it. But with PMV, say........we are getting married end of the year in Dec in Aus, and we apply PMV now, when it is successfully granted and she comes here in Dec, she can stay here for 9 months up to August 2015 that we live together and then apply Partner Visa on the last day of PMV even we missed out 12 months of living together as required or?

And as by then, when we have completed the PMV and apply Partner Visa, does it kinda cut alot of steps than those who skipped PMV and apply Partner Visa directly?

Thanks again!
I don't think you understand just what evidence is required, people are trying to explain but you seem to think you have a heap more evidence that you need. Those things you mention are just a very small aspect.

Please, do yourself a favour and read the links provided and stop looking for the quickest, easiest route because there isn't one.

You'll end up being rejected and losing a heap of money if you have the attitude that you have so much evidence they couldn't possibly reject you, when you guys havnt even lived together.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Partner Visa: How to prove financial support for partner? clairekathleen Visas and immigration 4 04-09-2014 01:39 PM
Statutory Declaration of Financial Support for Visa Subclass 309/100 Sprite Visas and immigration 5 09-19-2013 08:50 PM
de facto( partner visa) international student - financial support jytc Visas and immigration 16 06-25-2013 03:50 AM
financial support for immigrants dfakhry General chit-chat and news 0 04-04-2013 07:13 PM
820/801 Partner Visa - Sponsor Financial Support dah1505 Visas and immigration 1 07-29-2011 07:35 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com