weird situation with 820/801 pls help - Page 3

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree13Likes

weird situation with 820/801 pls help - Page 3


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroogirl View Post
Did it meet all the categories outlined in the booklet? What evidence did you provide?
some photos , 888 forms , joint bank account


  #22 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 01:53 PM
kttykat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,377
Users Flag! From usa

513 likes received
218 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by musti View Post
some photos , 888 forms , joint bank account
You should have had individual written statements etc. too and quite a bit more.

Kttykat




__________________

  #23 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 01:55 PM
kttykat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,377
Users Flag! From usa

513 likes received
218 likes given
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

Have a look at the partner migration booklet and get back to us.

Kttykat




musti likes this.
__________________

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttykat View Post
You should have had individual written statements etc. too and quite a bit more.

Kttykat
also i provide the statements of how we met when and where......ect


  #25 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:02 PM
kttykat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,377
Users Flag! From usa

513 likes received
218 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by musti View Post
also i provide the statements of how we met when and where......ect
Without really knowing your application I can't say if it was sufficient or not. Some people seem to manage with bare bones applications and still get through, it is up to the case officer. I would go back to my original statement though, that what ever you did give them, it would appear, at least so far, that they are satisfied with that aspect, since they haven't asked you for more evidence to support your application.

Kttykat




musti likes this.
__________________

  #26 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 326
Users Flag! From australia

140 likes received
73 likes given
I am sure if they did not have enough information they would ask you to provide more, or reject your application BEFORE they send in the Security Checks.
A friend of mine had her application refused 3 months after applying. This is when DIBP go through all your evidence. Then again, this was a 309 from Lebanon. Not a 820.
DIBP is actually quite efficient with these applications, it is ASIO who has too much weight on their shoulders because they need to contact intelligence agencies from other countries and wait for responses.

musti likes this.
__________________
I'm the Sponsor!
820/801 lodged online 11/12/13.
820 granted 30/5/15.
801 applied 18/01/16. PR granted 11/05/16.
Citizenship applied 11/05/17.

  #27 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
I am sure if they did not have enough information they would ask you to provide more, or reject your application BEFORE they send in the Security Checks.
A friend of mine had her application refused 3 months after applying. This is when DIBP go through all your evidence. Then again, this was a 309 from Lebanon. Not a 820.
DIBP is actually quite efficient with these applications, it is ASIO who has too much weight on their shoulders because they need to contact intelligence agencies from other countries and wait for responses.
thank u so much Amandy . all i hope that DIBP not refuse my application after that time of waiting


  #28 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttykat View Post
Without really knowing your application I can't say if it was sufficient or not. Some people seem to manage with bare bones applications and still get through, it is up to the case officer. I would go back to my original statement though, that what ever you did give them, it would appear, at least so far, that they are satisfied with that aspect, since they haven't asked you for more evidence to support your application.

Kttykat
thanks for your help

kttykat likes this.

  #29 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:13 PM
kangaroogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 656
Users Flag! From australia

162 likes received
35 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
I am sure if they did not have enough information they would ask you to provide more, or reject your application BEFORE they send in the Security Checks.
A friend of mine had her application refused 3 months after applying. This is when DIBP go through all your evidence. Then again, this was a 309 from Lebanon. Not a 820.
DIBP is actually quite efficient with these applications, it is ASIO who has too much weight on their shoulders because they need to contact intelligence agencies from other countries and wait for responses.
What does the security check actually look for, and do we need to do one (form 80) for US citizen? I was thinking that the criminal history checks we order and supply covered that.... Whats the difference with what the form 80 does?

We applied 2.5 weeks ago, 820, but we haven't finished the form 80 yet.

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #30 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 326
Users Flag! From australia

140 likes received
73 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroogirl View Post
What does the security check actually look for, and do we need to do one (form 80) for US citizen? I was thinking that the criminal history checks we order and supply covered that.... Whats the difference with what the form 80 does?

We applied 2.5 weeks ago, 820, but we haven't finished the form 80 yet.
From my knowledge, the form 80 is for high risk countries. They ask questions pertaining to your extended family, education history, work history etc. My guess is ASIO wants to see if you or your family are affiliated with any organisations that they don't like and if you went to school maybe with a convicted terrorist, or worked with one in the same place during the same time. So I guess with high risk countries, they are checking the whole family too, hence the weird questions on there about if your grandfather is from an Arabic or Russian background.

I hope this helps. I would do it just in case they want it, you have it ready, cos it sure as hell is NOT easy to fill.

__________________
I'm the Sponsor!
820/801 lodged online 11/12/13.
820 granted 30/5/15.
801 applied 18/01/16. PR granted 11/05/16.
Citizenship applied 11/05/17.

Last edited by Amandy; 03-19-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
820 visa - sticky situation goodekl26 Visas and immigration 6 02-20-2014 05:27 PM
457 to Partner Sponsor PR 820/801 - hard situation with baby now Princess1981 Visas and immigration 23 11-26-2013 04:37 AM
801/820. Help! Fairydust753 Visas and immigration 1 10-06-2013 11:44 PM
My Subclass 820/801 Visa Situation apimentel204 Visas and immigration 14 11-24-2012 04:52 PM
820 and 801 help please golliwog Visas and immigration 4 06-13-2012 08:18 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:01 PM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com