weird situation with 820/801 pls help

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Like Tree13Likes

weird situation with 820/801 pls help


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 07:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
33 likes given
weird situation with 820/801 pls help

hi all sorry for my broken language
me and my aussie partner got married on 11/11/2011 than we apply for 820/801 visa i got my acknowledge letter on 25/1/2012 said that i got bridging VISA A . but since that time till today 19/03/2013(2 years and 2 months since i got my acknowledge letter) i didnt grant to TR or PR isnt that weird ? does any one had same my situation .


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 127
Users Flag! From australia

58 likes received
62 likes given
I could be wrong but if you received a bridging visa A and then nothing since, you haven't yet received even the TR, let alone PR.

If I am right about that, you have the patience of a saint.

musti likes this.
__________________

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 08:53 AM
kttykat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,377
Users Flag! From usa

513 likes received
218 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by musti View Post
hi all sorry for my broken language
me and my aussie partner got married on 11/11/2011 than we apply for 820/801 visa i got my acknowledge letter on 25/1/2012 said that i got bridging VISA A . but since that time till today 19/03/2013(2 years and 2 months since i got my acknowledge letter) i didnt grant to TR or PR isnt that weird ? does any one had same my situation .
Let me get this straight, you have been waiting for your partner visa for over 2 years now and you haven't contacted immigration to ask about your progress in all that time? If you did ask, what did they say?

What country are you from? Is it a high risk country?

If they do grant now, it should go straight to a PR, which is the good news.

Kttykat




bjch and musti like this.
__________________

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 09:04 AM
kangaroogirl's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 656
Users Flag! From australia

162 likes received
35 likes given
Wow... That's a long time :O

__________________

Made by our Australia Immigration Timeline Software. Click here to create yours.

  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttykat View Post
Let me get this straight, you have been waiting for your partner visa for over 2 years now and you haven't contacted immigration to ask about your progress in all that time? If you did ask, what did they say?

What country are you from? Is it a high risk country?

If they do grant now, it should go straight to a PR, which is the good news.

Kttykat
my agent contact the immi the answer we are doing ( checking for our releationship ) and i'm from lebanon

Dinkum likes this.

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
33 likes given
yeah i know do u know anyone had my same situation ? do u know someone got his PR straight away without getting TR ?


Last edited by musti; 03-19-2014 at 10:26 AM.

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 326
Users Flag! From australia

140 likes received
73 likes given
Hi Musti,
I have a few clients awaiting TR from Lebanon. One girl I know has been waiting 26 months, another one 24 months. Yes, it is a high risk country and the intelligence/security agencies in Lebanon are inundated with checks from ASIO, so I guess the waiting time is like this for many.
One thing I will outline, when I contacted DIBP on behalf of one of my clients, they said that the security check has found a criminal record for the visa applicant, in Lebanon, and that criminal record has to be scrutinised ever so deeply.

If you have any criminal record in Lebanon, or Australia, that could be what is setting you back, as that has been the experience with my clients.

Good luck, if you have any questions, see my profile and follow the link.

__________________
I'm the Sponsor!
820/801 lodged online 11/12/13.
820 granted 30/5/15.
801 applied 18/01/16. PR granted 11/05/16.
Citizenship applied 11/05/17.

Last edited by Amandy; 03-19-2014 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Typo

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjch View Post
I could be wrong but if you received a bridging visa A and then nothing since, you haven't yet received even the TR, let alone PR.

If I am right about that, you have the patience of a saint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandy View Post
Hi Musti,
I have a few clients awaiting TR from Lebanon. One girl I know has been waiting 26 months, another one 24 months. Yes, it is a high risk country and the intelligence/security agencies in Lebanon are inundated with checks from ASIO, so I guess the waiting time is like this for many.
One thing I will outline, when I contacted DIBP on behalf of one of my clients, they said that the security check has found a criminal record for the visa applicant, in Lebanon, and that criminal record has to be scrutinised ever so deeply.

If you have any criminal record in Lebanon, or Australia, that could be what is setting you back, as that has been the experience with my clients.

Good luck, if you have any questions, see my profile and follow the link.
thank u so much but no i dont have any criminal record in lebanon or in australia , and do u think i will get PR straight away without getting TR


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 326
Users Flag! From australia

140 likes received
73 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by musti View Post
thank u so much but no i dont have any criminal record in lebanon or in australia , and do u think i will get PR straight away without getting TR
There is a good chance you will, you better, I mean, you have to be rewarded something for your patience. InshaAllah.

musti likes this.
__________________
I'm the Sponsor!
820/801 lodged online 11/12/13.
820 granted 30/5/15.
801 applied 18/01/16. PR granted 11/05/16.
Citizenship applied 11/05/17.

  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Users Flag! From australia

29 likes received
33 likes given
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroogirl View Post
Wow... That's a long time :O
yeah very long time


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
820 visa - sticky situation goodekl26 Visas and immigration 6 02-20-2014 04:27 PM
457 to Partner Sponsor PR 820/801 - hard situation with baby now Princess1981 Visas and immigration 23 11-26-2013 03:37 AM
801/820. Help! Fairydust753 Visas and immigration 1 10-06-2013 10:44 PM
My Subclass 820/801 Visa Situation apimentel204 Visas and immigration 14 11-24-2012 03:52 PM
820 and 801 help please golliwog Visas and immigration 4 06-13-2012 07:18 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:02 AM.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
AustraliaForum.com