Waiting for TR from last 2 years

Go Back   Living and Working in Australia Forum With Immigration and Travel Information > Living in Australia > Visas and immigration

Visas and immigration The Australia Forum for visas, immigration and migration to Australia. Please use this section to discuss all your immigration and moving to Australia needs. Discuss visa types, time lines, submission dates, police checks and read our members' immigration success stories here.

Waiting for TR from last 2 years

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Waiting for TR from last 2 years

I have a query but before that I would like to explain my case. My husband is in Australia from last 4 years. He has completed his MS in IT from one of the universities in Australia. After his studies he applied for TR 2 years back through one of the migration agent and till date he has not got his TR. We got married last year and I am with him in australia on tourist visa for 3 months which is expiring in a few days and now again I have to go to India. The agent assured us of TR to come very soon but till date nothing happened. I don't understand as whether to get TR is so difficult for a person who gave his 4 years struggling for the same. We want to settle in australia with permanent residency but now as TR is pending from last 2 years, what can we hope for PR.
Now, again I have to go to India as there is condition of "no further stay" on my visa. Is there any chance of extending my visa?


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
It really depends on what visa your husband has applied for as most skilled independent visas are for Permanent Residency as you will see from Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration
There are lengthy processing times for many visas depending on their priority and just how many other applications are on hand.
You can get some idea of the times involved for visas from Client Service Charter but do read the notes as the times are indicative only and there are many factors that can create variation.
Studying in Australia does offer a possible means of applying for immigration but there is no guarantee and certainly no guarantee in regard to times.

There has been a trial referred to by another poster, some details per:
Decision Ready Checklist
For applicants who are applying or have applied for 485, 487 885, 886, 887 you can obtain Priority Processing of your applications if a Migration Agent supplies a Decision Ready Checklist (DRC) with your completed application.

This is a TRIAL program being run out of the Brisbane GSM office and there is no indication of how long it will continue for. Applicants supplying DRC's are obtaining their visa's in approximately 2 months.

If you have already lodged your application, you can see a Migration Agent to supply the Decision Ready Checklist on your behalf. This would involve supplying a Form 956 to appoint the agent, them checking your application to ensure it is decision ready, completing the required form and sending it on to the Department.

If you would like us to process you DRC our charges are $500 and you will need to make an appointment to see one of our agents, depending on the State that you reside in.
If your husband asks the agent he has seen, he may be able to get some information but he could also do a search for other agents too if the current agent has not been too forthcoming with advice.
Your husband should also have a look at latest processing priority information via. What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration
Unfortunately with a No Further Stay condition on your visa and they requiring compelling circumstances to be waived, you will not likely be able to get an extension to stay.
Your husband will need to get a PR bvisa granted before he can sponsor you as a spouse for your own PR amd meanwhile for a quicker return if you husband was able to find an employer to do an employers sponsorship for a 457 TR visa, you could be included as a secondary applicant, however, you'll still need to go abroad.
If you thought there could be a possibility of that, instead of returning all the way to India, you may want to consider closer possibilities like New Zealand, Fiji, Malaysia or Singapore.

Last edited by Wanderer; 10-07-2010 at 10:23 AM.

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2
Please update your flag here .

Thanks & more suggestions

Thanks Wanderer for your reply.. it was very informative and helpful.

I have few more queries and would require your valuables advice for the same.
My husband and me are planning to go back to India and apply for PR from there on my basis as my work experience is on SOL. Will it be a good idea to do or should we wait for the decision to come?

Also, is it possible that my husband goes offshore and works offshore till TR is granted. Currently he is on WB bridging p subclass 020 visa and he has applied for GSM.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards

Sponsored Links
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Wanderer's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,467
Please update your flag here .

139 likes received
Bridging Visa B only allows limited travel and applying yourself is an option if you meet eligibility requirements.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Years in Sydney; HELP! NellieBean Travel questions 4 08-12-2011 03:37 AM
met on internet for 7 years qwan Visas and immigration 0 04-29-2011 01:07 PM
How can I claim 10 points for 3 years consecutive work experience in past 4 years seaps16 Visas and immigration 2 09-27-2010 12:15 PM
Can I sponsor some de facto while waiting to fulfill my 2 years? cazc87 Visas and immigration 3 03-15-2010 03:15 AM

By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.